click

MADTOWN Oneshots

I stared at Kim Sangbae, my best friend and my unfortunate unrequited love. He was looking down at his phone, making faces at something I couldn’t see. His nose would scrunch up every time something unimpressed him. Or his eyebrows would shoot up and his shy smile would peek at the corners if something pleased him. Sometimes he would raise a single brow and give a tiny shake of his head if he disapproved.

I wish he could make faces at me like that. Or just look back at me in general. But no.

I’m just a lump of a potato that doesn’t do anything about my crushes and just stares in his direction, soaking in his handsome features and hoping in vain he’d look up once and at least notice me.

But it’s fine. I’ve been single long enough now. I can last a few more years, no regrets.

However, if I didn’t take a picture of him now while he’s making adorable faces at his phone, then I’ll regret everything I’ve ever known and then some.

I grabbed my phone and quickly tapped on the app. My camera opened and I bring the phone up to my face, smiling slightly. He still hasn’t noticed. I take aim, focus, and

snap

Unfortunately, the shutter went off.

Even before I registered the clicking sound, Sangbae was on my phone in a second, grabbing for the device. I screamed and jumped up, clutching the phone to my chest. He pulls back and glares at me. He’s gentlemanly enough to know not to reach for that area, and he’s too shy to make a scene in a public place. I didn’t mind.

   “Come on, (y/n), give it here.”

Sangbae is afraid of cameras.

   “Nope.”

That meant he’s not all too content about getting pictures taken of him.

He blinks his eyes rapidly, trying to keep his cool. Although I’ve never seen him mad before, I wasn’t all too keen to find out.

   “Seriously, give it. You know I don’t like pictures.”

I shake my head, letting one side of my lips tilt up childishly. “But it’s a good picture I promise. I won’t send it to anyone, pinky swear.”

He takes a step forward and that’s when I bolt.

The park is basically just a big open field with a few clumps of densely grouped trees here and there. There’s a particularly nice hill that people like to go to and have picnics on. A winding trail borders the park, and there’s also a few big toys planted around the park, acting as mini playgrounds for children to play on. I mean come on, what kind of park wouldn’t have a playground?

I sprint away from the clump of tree we were at and run towards the base of the hill, heading to where there are less people crowded around and most of the span of cool grass. I’ve never been much of a runner, but I knew Sangbae is. My legs were aching by the time I reached the bottom, but by then he had caught up.

I slowed and turned around, fully expecting him to stop. What I didn’t expect was for his whole body to slam into mines and we fall. Hard.

I let out a yelp of pain when my back crashed onto the hard ground. The added weight of Sangbae didn’t help either. My hand still gripped my phone tightly, and suddenly I remember why I ran in the first place. Quickly, I stuck my hand beneath my , phone and all, and pushed his shoulder with my other hand.

   “Sangbae, you heavy piece of-“

   “Oh my god, (y/n) are you okay? Oh I’m so sorry! Are you hurt anywhere? Did I hurt you?” Sangbae asked, his eyebrows knitting in worry. His hands are on either side of my head, and I just now realized how close his face was.

   “What? Of course I’m fine, now get off!“ I said, trying to wriggle out from underneath him. I clutched the phone tighter beneath me and tried to ignore the heat creeping up my neck.

“Not until you give me your phone and I delete the photo,” He argued back, his eyes glaring again. He looks around for it, confused when he didn’t see my hand anywhere. “Where is it?”

I smirked. “Unless you wanna be a e, you’re gonna have to ask nicely.” I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively and laughed. “So what’s it gonna be?”

Sangbae watches me closely for a couple of seconds, then dips his head down and kisses me.

I froze. Everything went blank. For half a second. Then my thoughts started to rush like water through a broken dam.

Wait

What

Is he kissing me?

Oh my god

Is this real?

Holy

Dude his lips are soft

Unbeknownst to me, I unconsciously closed my eyes and leaned towards him, my hand wrapping around his neck and pulling him closer. He moved and tilted his head to the side, deepening the kiss. His tongue was smooth and gentle, and tugging at my own tongue in a manner that was entirely Sangbae. My hand buried into his hair and I give it a tug, shivering when I hear a low moan. This is too good to be true.

I was right.

I felt something go down my lower back, and it takes half a second for it to click. But it was a half second too late.

Quick as a cat he snatches the phone from my hands and pulls away, grinning a proud grin. I blinked once and then twice. Then my eyes hardened and I sit up, glaring daggers.

   “You ing tricked me you cheater!” I whined, crossing my arms across my chest. I sat crisscrossed in front of him. He was sitting in front of me, his legs around me and that stupid smile on his face.

He shook his head and leaned forward, tapping my nose with a finger. “All’s fair in love and war, (y/n).”

I wrinkled my nose and turn my head, too heated to realize how close we were yet again. Sangbae grins and unlocks my phone, finds the photo and deletes it. I turned and frowned, my pout growing as I realized I won’t ever be able to see that photo, since I took off as soon as Sangbae made a move.

    “Hey, why the long face?” He asks, noticing the expression. I shook my head and looked away, hmphing. Call me childish, but what he did was totally unfair.

   “Hey…” He said again. When I didn’t reply he leaned forward and pressed a tender kiss against my cheek. “Look I’m sorry okay? We’ll take another photo. Together.”

I turned around, my eyebrow raised. “Together?”

Sangbae nods, his smile returning when he caught my attention. “Together. I promise we’ll look good.”

I rolled my eyes, feigning annoyance but let out a small smile. Sangbae is so sweet.

Grinning now, he wraps his arms around my hips and pulls me into his lap, where I sat on his legs and he sat on the ground. Sangbae may look small compared to some people but he’s strong. He keeps one hand around my waist and uses the other hand to turn the camera on. He flips it to the selfie side.

   “Ready?” He asks, pressing his forehead against mine.

   “Duh.” I replied, smiling cheekily.

He raises the camera. I turn and smile indulgently at the screen. He counts down.

   “1… 2… (y/n)?”

I turned.

   “Hm?”

He leans forward and kisses me just when I hear the shutter.

click