Prologue

Transatlanticism

Suelmi sighed in both exasperation and disappointment as her eyes swiftly scroll through her phone. With a sarcastic chuckle, "Ha, what is this.." Involuntarily, her eyebrows creased and meet at one point as she delve deeper into the site she was checking on her electronic device.

"Language learning site, my ." She says under her breath —thinking about all the trouble she's gone through with creating an account and actually getting her old, of-no-use Gmail to work for verifications. 

The girl let out another sigh for the nth time, closing herself underneath the blankets. The nightlight was on but rather dim, a perfect ambiance for another night of staying up and getting lost in the drum of her loud thoughts. She knew she shouldn't stay so late again, as university didn't allow her to have a decent amount of sleep anyway. However, the  routine has been going on for a month since the semester has ended. Like always, Seulmi's insomnia has been kicking, and it's kicking hard.

"This is more like a dating site disguised as a language learning site, to be honest." She ponders about whether she should keep her account or not. Getting her head out of the blankets, "Let's see.. so it's going to take 14 days before I am allowed to terminate my account since I'm a newbie."

The clock's hour hand flew faint and so unnoticeably. It was already four o'clock in the morning and the nearly falling asleep Seulmi jumped awaken with her phone slipping from her hands. "Shi.." But it was late and the device fell with a hard thump against the wooden floor.

Tired to get up, the girl slids her body sidewards towards the edge of the bed and struggled to reach for her phone.

"Okay, still working" said Seulmi through a groggy whisper, unconsciously falling back to surfing the -dating- language learning website. After a few minutes, just when Seulmi's convinced enough that her body is ready to shut down, another message was sent to her inbox. "Tomorrow.. okay? Tomorrow." She mumbles, blindly searching for the night stand to put her phone away. And she was successful —of falling asleep as she drifted off within a second; while her phone meets the floor again, face first. 

Successful, not.