A Brief History

Destined

A/N: sooo this chapter is just a chapter explaining everything important in Kaylee's life pertaining to the story....sooo yeahXD I hope you like it. My friends say it's cute lolXD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     It all started back in 8th grade...that's when I first saw him...the love of my life...
    "Hey, Kaylee! Have you ever heard of SHINee?" My friend Linnea asked.
    "Umm like the adjective?" I asked, thoroughly confused.
     "No. They're a boyband. They're really good, you should listen to them!"
     "Nah, I don't really like boybands, they don't really dance at all and that's what they're supposed to do, at least in my mind" I said uninterested.
     "They do dance," she replied, "extremely well I might add"
     "Ok," I resigned, "I'll give them a try"
     "Yes!" She shouted. She ripped out a page from her notebook and scribbled down a list of songs before handing the paper to me.
- Later that day after school - 
     I walked in the door to my house and sat down at the computer as usual, but instead of listening to my current favorite genre, Japanese rock, I pulled out the piece of paper and typed "SHINee Hello" into the search bar on YouTube. The song started playing and I immediately fell in love with it, caught up in the cheerful music and colorful video. One of the members in particular jumped out at me, the boy with strawberry blonde hair. Throughout the video I found that my eyes kept wandering back to the boy with strawberry blonde hair, despite my best efforts to try and look at all of the band members equally. Something about him just seemed....different....for lack of better word; he was beautiful too, probably the most attractive guy I had ever seen thus far.
     When the song was over I continued to explore SHINee's music videos, getting excited when I saw they made Japanese songs as well as Korean. When I clicked on their Replay Japanese version I got quite a shock halfway through the video as I looked at Taemin with his firetruck red hair. Suddenly, I flashed back to a dream that I had a few months ago.
      I was standing in the most beautiful wedding dress I had ever seen, hardly able to control my excitement for the ceremony. Suddenly I was being handed off to my husband by my dad. I smiled up at my husband-to-be with unrestrained joy. As we walked to the alter we briefly talked about how happy we were to finally get married after waiting so long and after everything we had been through. I could tell he was smiling just as much as I was, even if I couldn't see his face. I could see every part of him clearly, from his bright red hair to his tuxedo, but I couldn't see his face. It was like someone had photoshopped his facial features into one big blur.
      As I came out of my daydream I sat staring at the screen wondering why I dreamed about marrying Taemin before I had ever even seen him. The hairstyle was the same, the face shape, skin color, everything about the man and my dream looked like Taemin. Now, I don't believe in coincidences so to me this is really confusing. What on earth are you trying to tell me Lord? I asked internally. After a few minutes of trying to sort out what the significance could be I decided to just forget about it. 
     I still didn't really know who was who, so I went onto SHINee's Wikipedia page and read about the group, the members, and their birthdays. 
     When my mom came home from work I excitedly started spewing out the new facts I had learned about SHINee. "...and Minho was born December 9th 1991 and he's the second youngest. Taemin is the youngest and his birthday is July 18th 1993. The leader is-"
      "Wait," my mom said suddenly, with an excited look on her face that was really creeping me out, "did you say July 18th??"
      "Yeah, he was born Jul-"
      "Wait! Did you say 1993?"
      "Yes!" I replied, exasperated.
      "Kaylee that's the day your dad and I were married! And that makes him five years older than you! Your dad and I are five years apart!" She exclaimed excitedly.
     I looked at her dumbfounded. "That's really really weird. Why are you so excited??"
     "Because it's really interesting! I think it's cool!"
      "Well I think it's weird. You know what else is weird? I dreamed about marrying Taemin before I had ever seen him before."
      "That is really weird," my mom mused. "I wonder what the Lord has in store for you..."
     "You and me both."
- 2 weeks later -
     As I continued to listen to SHINee and learn more about each of the members, I started noticing something really odd...
     "Linnea I have no idea what's going on, none of the guys I find attractive are attractive to me anymore! The only person I'm still attracted to is Taemin! And it's not just that; the more I learn about him the harder I fall for him and the more every other guy seems to un-interest me, at least in the romantic sense. Even other celebrities!"
     "That's really weird. Maybe you're falling in love with him?" She said.
     "Really?" I asked. "Maybe..."
     As the months passed I realized that Linnea was right, I had fallen in love with Taemin. When freshman year rolled around I was really excited to tell all of my friends the feelings I had for Taemin and that I was sure I was in love with him.  
     Instead of support, I got mocking and criticism. Whenever I would share my feelings with my friends I would get answers like "are you kidding me? He's a celebrity right? You can't fall in love with someone you've never met in person", or "you can't fall in love with a celebrity. You're just crushing hard on him, after all you are a fan", or "you don't know what you feel", or "it'll pass, you're just infatuated", better yet: "that's stupid", and even better still: "you're obsessed, that's what you are". Eventually I realized that people were not going to believe me, so I shut down my thoughts and feeling most precious to me to all but my closest friends, who actually did believe me.
     And to all those who think it's not love, well here I am, just graduated, still in love with Lee Taemin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I'm going to try and update as often as I can, but school is really hectic and time consuming at the moment, and will be until graduation soooo lol I might not update more than once every couple weeks. Mian>.<