ICE

THIRSTY

 

Summer, it's terrified hot. The sound “woo woo” from cicadas made ears hurt. Conditioner's sound, teacher's dull voice made Jin Hwan tired . Then a thirst struck. "Come on, just wait for a minute, class is going to finish!", Jin Hwan told himself. But, Jin Hwan’s throat was burned hot, his whole body seemed dry like desert, as if the water had evaporated cleanly. Not alright at all. Jin Hwan rushed out of the classroom in the surprise of everyone. If Jin Hwan had to suffer any longer, he would turn to ash.

Han Bin was sitting in music club, suddenly knocked into the floor. Then a small body leaned over him. Han Bin sighed, fortunately that there was no one in club now.

- Thirsty again?

Han Bin lay quietly, his hands caressed the hair of the person lying on his chest. And heard that Jin Hwan’s throat was swallowing one by one blood sips Jin Hwan   from his neck.

Jin Hwan kneeled up, swab those his red bloody mouth.

- I ...

Jin Hwan wanted to say something, but he was pulled down by Han Bin, located on top of him, in his arms.

- Don’t need to say sorry when you drink my blood. You can have how much blood you want, as long as the person you take blood is me.

Bin Han turned Jin Hwan beneath him, kissed lips which were still lingering bit of blood. A hand removed Jin Hwan’s shirt buttons revealing a small white neck which emerged vibrant arteries. Han Bin sipped slowly blood from this sweet little body.

 

Vampires can only satisfy their darkest thirst with the blood of someone they love.

 

But apparently, there's something wrong.

 

Recently Jin Hwan’s thirst very often appeared. Han Bin just drank Jin Hwan’s blood once a month. But during the past month, Jin Hwan was thirty twenty times, or more. Regardless of how much blood Jin Hwan  took from Han Bin, how long he kissed him, he was just more and more thirsty.

He’s different from other vampires? Or because he was  inherently human so vampire’s rules did not apply on him?

- Han Bin, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. But I love you.

Jin Hwan constantly "asked for forgiveness" for the "error" of his bloodlust. He loved Han Bin, but he could not finish his thirsty even though he drank Han Bin’s blood. Why? He loved him. Because of loving him,  he had accepted abandoning the life of a human. Did Han Bin think that he did not love him?

- Don’t worried. It will be fine. - Han Bin hugged him, patted soft hair of the person he loved more than all, despite all costs. Because he loved Jin Hwan, he had turned him into a vampire, to that Jin Hwan  would lived with Han Bin forever.

 

Still those boring lessons. And Jin Hwan was thirsty again. He ransacked everywhere to find Han Bin, but it seemed that he was not in school. He had gone anywhere without telling him? Jin Hwan sat under a tree, hands pawed the chest which were screaming for blood. And a voice came:

- Jin Hwan, are you okay?

Jin Hwan looked at the person asking him, he was Ji Won. Ji Won just went out from basketball club after training hours, saw Jin Hwan was hurried so he followed at once, and now Ji Won saw him was tired sitting at this tree. Jin Hwan suddenly heard his heart beat faster than usual, faster than when he was thirsty. He stared visible  neck of Ji Won because he wore a wide collar basketball t-shirt. Healthy blood vessels which were visible under the skin stimulated him highly. And then, without restraint, Jin Hwan rushed  into Ji Won, bit his neck.

Ji Won was unforeseen. This was too much mad. Bloodsucking? Vampire? Why did his Jin Hwan change to this scary stuff? He tried to push Jin Hwan out with all his strength, but could not. Damn it, he's the captain of the basketball team, why was he suddenly weak in front of a little person like Jin Hwan?

No, just because right now Jin Hwan was a bloodthirsty monster. If this case happened in the past, Jin Hwan would had lost every fight with Ji Won. But this time every thing was not the same. Jin Hwan  had to win, had to the blood of Ji Won.

By the power of a vampire, Jin Hwan easily made aware of Ji Won evaporated, he dropped down. Then Jin Hwan  spoiled took fresh blood stream of friend, regardless if anyone found out or not.

Until the thirst were push away, Jin Hwan realized that Han Bin had came  to his side for a while. Quiet. He looked at him, suddenly tears fell down. He betrayed him. He had been drinking the blood of the other one. “He will not love me anymore, right?”

Han Bin hugged Jin Hwan, still his hair. But there’re not a word.

Won Ji woke up and found himself was lying in bed of basketball club, could not remember why he slept here anymore. Han Bin had erased some memories of Ji Won. And fortunately, Jin Hwan was  inherently human, so he did not make Ji Won damaged or turned him into a vampire. The bite on his neck had been removed.

 

Jin Hwan’s thirst temporarily subsided. But at the same time his mind started to be invaded by something. That “thing” repeatedly interrogated him. Jin Hwan, why is your thirst better? Why was you  attracted by the blood of Ji Won? Why not  blood of Han Bin?

 

Jin Hwan was thirsty again, and it's good that he was at home, with Han Bin. He sat on the laps of Han Bin, little by little  warm blood drops from Han Bin’s neck. As if the blood of Han Bin was a drug which dispelled those thoughts that encumbered Jin Hwan recently, he felt very comfortable, and fell asleep on Han Bin’s shoulder.

Han Bin carried Jin Hwan to the bed, sat next to him and his gentle face.

- You, all your lifelong, were only allowed love me, beside me .

Han Bin froze all, him and Jin Hwan.

 

There’re no voluntarily turning into vampire. Jin Hwan nor betray Han Bin. Right from the very start, it  had been appropriation.

Vampire Kim Han Bin  loved human Kim Jin Hwan. Jin Hwan  did  not loved him, he loved Kim Ji Won, silent, one-sided. Two guys, Jin Hwan and Han Bin, were identical. But Jin Hwan did not possess, while Han Bin did. Han Bin occupied Jin Hwan’s lips, neck and his blood. And the key was that Han Bin occupied his memory. Deleted a paragraph, inserted a piece, very sophisticated and ingenious.

But then what? Whether how pure his blood was, how long he stayed beside Jin Hwan, how deep their intimacy was, all things were just a sham that he created for Jin Hwan, for himself. The "heart" of Jin Hwan had never loved him.

But Jin Hwan  would always love him, stay with him. As this time, in a permanent ice.

 

One day, when Han Bin revived and awakened Jin Hwan, he would certainly loved him. Time could "do" anything.

-----------

A/N:

I used the detail "Vampires can only be satisfied their darkest thirst with the blood of someone they love" from manga Vampire Knight as a material for my fanfic.

Please leave comment!

And happy birthday Jin Hwan! Fairy of iKON! Jin Hwan is my bias too.

A... Happy lunar new year too!