FINAL

Hold Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

11PM.

“.”  You cursed under your breath upon checking the clock.  You stood up from the couch and walk around the living room.

It has been six hours since your husband should’ve gone off of work and this has been going on for the last few weeks.  If you will ask him why he’s always late, he will just tell you that he needs to work extra hours to meet quotas, attend to meetings, etc.

At the first few instances, you didn’t really mind, because maybe it was true that his job suddenly became demanding than before.  However, as the days and weeks progresses, it has become a habit, and you’re like a burning candle that might die soon if this continues.

You grabbed your phone and attempted to call him again but it only routed you to his voicemail.  You dropped the call and toss your phone on the sofa before slumping on it again.  You close your eyes as you feel tears escaping from them.  You remembered the first time that you’ve noticed him arriving home late than usual, so you asked him politely about it, but all you got is a grunt and a pair of rolling eyes.

“Not now, ________-ah.  I am so stressed at work and you asking me what I’m up to is not helping.  I’m going to bed.” 

JB has a temper, you already know that since you started dating.  However, you haven’t seen him that defensive before.  Thoughts have been running through your head as to why he acted so differently.  You were once a very sweet, cute couple.  As much as possible, you don’t keep any secrets with each other, and that was the promise that you’ve made since you two got into a relationship.

When the two of you finally became a married couple, the spark and love between the two of you seem to get stronger.  You still do dates and make love at full extent.  When the two of you finally had a baby boy, you never saw him so happy before.  He loved you and your son very much.  Your friends and family thinks that you are a wonderful family – no problems at all.

However – it has completely changed.

The spark seemed to have diminished significantly when you decided to be a housewife.  Your main focus is to take care of your son and you never wanted to get a baby sitter.  JB insists to get one for you to be able to move around properly at the house or get back to your work, but you just don’t want to entrust your child’s safety at the hands of a complete stranger.  You don’t want to further bother your parents also since they’re too old. 

The two of you haven’t gone out on dates already.  No more roses or minor surprises at a random day.  The two of you haven’t made love in a long time – or even be cuddly or sweet towards each other.  Your son, Chanhyuk, is the only one that could make you happy at these hard times.

While you’re staring at nowhere in particular, the door flung open and a tipsy JB came in, closing the door with a bang.  You stood up and approached him.  He removed his shoes and coat and even before he can make a step forward, you are already in front of him.

“Where have you been?”  Your voice stern, which made JB’s eyebrows furrow a bit.

“Overtime.”  He said cockily and avoided your gaze as he enters the house, sitting on one of the couches on the living room.

“Overtime again?  What kind of work project are you doing that requires you to work for the whole day?”  You blurted, not being able to control yourself.  JB let out an annoyed groan and shot you a death glare.

“Are we on this again, ______-ah?”  He said mockingly.  You bit your lip and looked away to stop yourself from crying.

“You are not answering any of my texts or calls whenever I ask about your whereabouts after work hours.  You never told me what you are up to.  JB, this has been going on for a few months now, how can I not ask you?”  You whispered loudly, careful not to wake your baby boy up.

“Didn’t I tell you?  I am working on a project and I need to render extra work hours!”  He shouted, not being able to hide his disappointment.

“Then what is the project about?  Why can you not tell me so that I can understand?”  You are now in front of him.  His jaw clenched, indicating that he’s trying to control himself.

“Even though I tell you about it, you won’t understand.”  He looked at you and you let out a mocking laugh.

“ that, JB.”  You spat at him.

“_______, can you just stop it?  I don’t want to argue with you about this anymore.  I am going to bed.”  He stood up and avoided you as he ruffles his hair.  He said that same statement again.  JB tends to just cut the conversation just for him not to explain further.  This doesn’t mean that he’s surrendering; he just wanted to piss the hell out of you by not knowing the real reasons behind the change in his attitude.

“Is that what you will always do, JB?  Cut me off, ran away, and totally avoide me?”  You shouted, not being able to tone down the volume of our voice that made JB stop on his tracks.

“What is happening to us, jagi?”  You cried your heart out as you wrap your arms around your chest.

“What is happening to us?  Why don’t you ask yourself, _______?” JB turned around, pointing at you angrily.

“Me?  Seriously, JB?”  You stood up and approached him, but kept a safe distance as you see the fire in JB’s eyes.

“You’re the one who’s been acting so differently these past few months.  Where are the sweet nothings you’re whispering to my ear before we go to sleep?  Where are the roses that you use to give me when you get home from work?”  You looked at him and he has his hand on his hair, while the other one rested on his hips.

“N-now, you cannot even look at me in the eye whenever we talk.  I cannot even remember the last time that you’ve held me...”  You trailed off.  You were unable to continue as you turn your back against him while your hand clutched your mouth, muffling the cries.

“What happened to the promises that we’ve made to each other that we won’t be keeping any secrets to each other?  What happened to the promise that you told me that you will love me until your last breath?”  You slumped on the sofa, hands on your face as you cried incessantly.  You heard JB laugh sarcastically.

“Don’t make it sound like it is all my fault ______, you were the reason why I am like this.”  He grunted, which made you remove your hands from your face with eyes wide open.

“Ever since we had a baby, all you can think of is him and him only.  I am not saying that you shouldn’t take care of him, of course I love him and he’s our son, but , ________, I need you too!”  He threw his bag somewhere in the room that made you look at him as he continued.

“Remember when I told you to meet me at the café where we first met?  Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter