Final

Dreaming of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was rushing out from the lecture hall after the professor dismissed the students. He was to meet up with Chanyeol, his best friend in front of a library because he was going to introduce someone to him. Baekhyun always liked meeting new people, so he was excited for the introduction. He hurriedly grabbed his backpack, running out from the hall and careful not to bump into anyone on his way. 

When he reached his destination, Chanyeol was already there, but he wasn't alone. There was another person, a female to be exact as she sat on the bench and chattering happily with Chanyeol with a beautiful smile. It was Sandara Park, his one year senior and his crush. Baekhyun clutched his hand over his chest and was starting to wonder why his best friend was with his crush. 

Dara continued to beam a dazzling smile at Chanyeol, and his friend also smiled back at her, heightened over her. Baekhyun felt his heart ripping into pieces at the fact that Chanyeol was with her. Chanyeol knew that he has a crush on Dara, and he was starting to question about their relationship. When Baekhyun was hesitating, Chanyeol turn around, only to see Baekhyun at the end of the stairs.

"Byun Baek, you better start running!" Chanyeol shouted at his friend, and Baekhyun started running up the stairs.

When Baekhyun arrived at the front, Dara stood up, and Chanyeol stared at his watch.

"And you're 5 minutes late..." Chanyeol stated.

"The professor wouldn't let us go." Baekhyun said and Chanyeol raised his hand on the air.

Baekhyun really was not in a mood to greet him with a high-five, but did it anyway.

"You have Dr. Croc, didn't you?" Chanyeol asked as Baekhyun high-fived him.

"Yeah… unfortunately…" Baekhyun said and his eyes met with Dara, "a-annyeonghaseyo..." he bowed awkwardly at her.

"This is Dara sunbae, you know her, don't you?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun forced a smile at the two of them. "She wanted to meet you."

"Meet me?" Baekhyun was confused at why his crush wants to meet him.

Chanyeol then leaned in, lightly nudging Baekhyun from the side. "You can thank me later, Byun Baekhyun."

Baekhyun looked confusingly at him, however, Dara greet the younger with a sweet smile.

"I saw you singing at the school festival last year, and I really liked your voice." Dara said with a light blush and gave Baekhyun her business card. "If you ever want to talk to me then I'll be more than happy to see you."

Baekhyun looked at the card and back to Dara, who was smiling warmly at him. She had a beautiful smile that Baekhyun almost lost himself as his heart was beating rapidly against his chest. He never believed in a love at first sight, but he didn't understand why it felt so strange in his chest.

"Yah, you're really lucky, Byun Baek," Chanyeol said, linking to his arms, and whispering to ears, "sunbae never give her business card to anyone at first, unless she's interested in them."

"She's... interested in me?" Baekhyun blinked at Chanyeol, while the giant only grinned at him.

"Baekhyun, it was nice meeting you. Hopefully we get to see each other often?" Dara asked.

"A-ah, n-ne..." Baekhyun blushed a bit, and Dara smiled sweetly at him once again.

"Well, I need to start heading back to the meeting. I can't be late when I'm the president of the theater's club." Dara winked at the two boys, "see you guys around."

Then with that, she disappeared into their sight. Baekhyun glanced blankly at her back, as the cool breeze gently blew away her silky, chocolate brown hair. He can still smell the rosy fragrance from her perfume, and how her pale face shimmered lively under the bright sunlight. Baekhyun, unknowingly clutched his chest with his arms.

"See? See? I think she's interested in you as well." Chanyeol said, but Baekhyun punched his arms, "ow... what the hell?"

"What is your relationship with her?" Baekhyun asked suspiciously at his friend. 

"Hey, calm down!" Chanyeol said, raising his hand in the air. "I'm not in any relationship with her. We're just in a same club."

"Same club?"

"Yeah," Chanyeol said, rubbing his arms. "She was talking about you with her friends, and when I told her that you're my friend, she said that she wanted to meet you." 

"R-really?"

"Really."

"D-did you tell her that I... I like her?" Baekhyun asked timidly with a blush.

"No." Chanyeol said, "But I gave her your number."

"WHAT?" Baekhyun started freaking out at his friend's statement. 

"She was asking for your number." Chanyeol explained.

"She did?" 

Chanyeol nodded his head and Baekhyun clutched his chest. 

"Are you okay?" Chanyeol asked when he saw Baekhyun quietly hyperventilating from the side.

"Chanyeol," Baekhyun grabbed onto his friend's arms, "I... I'm nervous..." Baekhyun nearly choked in his word and glanced at the taller. "W-what if she call me?"

"Just answer." Chanyeol shrugged.

"But it's not that easy!" Baekhyun exclaimed, startling Chanyeol. "W-what if I pass out when talking with her on the phone?"

"Stop being dramatic." Chanyeol said with a straight face. 

"Yah!" Baekhyun shouted at him and Chanyeol laughed.

"Dream on, Byun Baek. She has all the popular sunbaes trailing behind her, so there is not a chance that she might call you."

"Geez, thanks for your helpful advice..." Baekhyun said sarcastically and rolled his eyes. "If there isn't anything else that you need, I'm going to the library to study for the midterm."

"Hey, I'm sorry," Chanyeol apologized, playfully head-locking Baekhyun in his arms. "How about we grab something to eat first?"

"I'm studying for the midterm." Baekhyun replied, pushing Chanyeol away and quickly fixing his hair.

"It will be my treat." Chanyeol said and Baekhyun glanced at him. "I just got a check from the work." Chanyeol grinned proudly as he held out his check.

"Well, why didn't you say so?" Baekhyun said, his face brightening up. "I'm going to order something expensive!"

"Sure, go ahead." Chanyeol chuckled. "We can eat all the luxurious food and study for the midterm together."

"Good idea." Baekhyun nodded his head.

Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Baekhyun's shoulder and the two of them started walking toward the nearest restaurant. 

~~~~~

That night in Baekhyun's room, he was staring at a blank space in his room. He tried to concentrate back to his studying, but he couldn't. He still remembered Dara's dazzling smile and her sweet, honey-like voice. Baekhyun wished to hear her voice more, but that was nearly possible when she didn't really talk much to him. Baekhyun thought ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter