a walk through memory lane.

Once Upon A Dream [in the rain].


It was that time of the year again; when the god of rain poured it all down on us. Was it Zeus or Poseidon? I didn’t know, and frankly I didn’t seem to care either. Instead my mind was filled with the fact that I’ll be walking through those wet streets in a minute.

 I looked outside; the vacant streets lit in grey felt a little bare, but not as empty as I felt. I opened the glass window out of melancholy and stuck out my hands, fallen raindrops atop my two palms which were soon filled with it, it gathered as the yearning that flows in my heart.

For some reason I missed his presence tonight. Tears were welling up while reminiscing his warm heart. I didn’t know why, all I knew was that the feeling soaked in deeper with each step I took outside.

Soon I found my thoughts fading within the raindrops that planted on my head; I was walking while I let a dream take over my mind.

When the rain falls, memories fall along making the pain of loneliness spread. A raindrop fell on top of my nose and I remembered the scene of that day, the day I watched it pour all on him. I was sick and he was sweet enough to travel through the rain.
The rain didn’t stop, but the gleaming time had stopped. I wasn’t only soaked in rain; I was also soaked in memories.
The thought of you who made me feel beautiful kept walking through my mind, in the rain. 

Even the long and warm season became stained inside of the photo album that was my mind; will the colors soon fade, too?
Summer 2015 — the usual last few hot days that were filled with rain replayed itself. A date took place one of those days. It was fun, a nice day out with sunlight making our smiles even brighter. But it wasn’t until the sun went down when the most memorable events happened. Being drenched in the rain didn’t feel too bad on a hot summer night spent together. I didn’t want this memory to fade into emptiness as well.

 

As this night deepens the unforgotten promises and your warm embrace refuse to say goodbye with rain still pouring.

In this black and white world, his smile colored up mine.
My wish is for him to be like the rain that’s close to me right now. I wish for him to light up my dreary soul.

A passenger walked towards me humming a melody that sounded familiar, yet I wasn’t quite sure what I recognized it from.

doo doo doo-doo doo doo doo
doo-doo doo-doo doo doo doo

 

It wasn’t until I felt another raindrop fall clear onto my cheek and the subdued whispers under the umbrella of the stranger that spread into my heart, that I realized I could hear him. The comforting sound of rain rhymed with his hums, as if it's asking me how I'm doing today.
Traces of our memories faded within the rain. My wish came true.
My thoughts were on a toll and I felt my heartbeat speeding up, I guess I was buzzing because before I knew it, I bumped into him. The darkness of the sky didn’t help much either.
He helped me up, asked me if I was okay and he told me I looked dull. I grinned for the first time in weeks and he pulled me into his arms. A few words of I missed you were exchanged, a kiss was shared and hands were entangled taking steps together. I asked him where he was going to. Yunhyeong told me he was about to pay me a visit – just like I were about to visit him.

“But Mina, what were you dozing off to?”

I stared at him, relieved and lovingly.

 

“I had a dream, I was dreaming in the rain.”