Chapter One

Unexpected Love

If I could stare at Kyuhyun’s face the whole day, I would, I really would. Kyuhyun was my friend, my confident, my life but he doesn’t know that. He just treats me like a normal friend, I guess. I’ve known Kyuhyun all my life, ever since kindergarten, when he first bumped into me and spilled his cup of milk all over my uniform.

He is still as clumsy with a bit more sense now. We somehow managed to entered the same primary school and became best friends until now; working together!

He was the one who understood me at my best and at my worst. He was there when my father passed away, he was there throughout the entire time when I felt my world was crashing down on me. He was there when I won a scholarship to study fashion design.

And I was there for him when he needed, when his parents had this huge argument, and he cried all the way to my house. When he started composing songs back in secondary school and I encouraged him all the way, helping him sign up for song competitions and sending his music to different recording companies. When he was at his lowest, I was there.

Now I’m a fashion coordinator in the media industry while Kyuhyun is in the music department. There was nothing that could escape his ears. Every single sound, tune, pitch became alive in his music. There was nothing more amazing than listening to his composed music. He was a creator, making sounds into music.

He was going to meet me for lunch today and I told myself I was going to tell him how I felt, how I’ve been feeling all these while ever since I could remember. I finally had the courage to tell him I like him and I don’t want to back out anymore.

I stood at our usual waiting venue; I was early. I think I was being too anxious and left work slightly earlier before lunchtime. I checked my phone, Kyuhyun said he was reaching. I combed my fringe behind my ears and checked my reflection through the glass wall next to me.

“Hey!” My favourite voice greeted me.

I turned around with a big smile on my face but the smile slowly faded. Kyuhyun brought someone else for lunch; a girl.

I stared at her blankly as I blinked. She was smiling back.

“Hi!” She chirped in her high pitched voice, giving me a wave.

I looked to Kyuhyun who was looking a little guilty now, “Rae, I thought I would like to introduce you to my girlfriend, Ara!” He said, hand scratching his neck.

Girl-friend. GIRL-FRIEND. The thoughts were screaming in my head.

I realized I was frowning and I quickly adjusted my hair and smiled meekly. “H-hey, I’m Rae.” It was almost a whisper.

“Oh yes, I know you, Rae, Kyu told me all about you!” This Ara replied.

All about me? Kyuhyun told this girl all about me, all about us? I felt a tinge sense of betrayal. My smile continued, “Oh? Is it? N-nice to meet y-you, Ara.”

“Okay, we are done with greetings, let’s go grab some food, I’m hungry!” Kyuhyun said.

Food was not my main priority right now. I think I might just vomit. I turned to Kyuhyun, “Kyu, I don’t feel well, you guys go ahead and grab lunch, I meet you some other time okay?”

Kyuhyun quickly grab my shoulders, “You okay? You said you wanted to tell me something today!”

“I know what I said but I suddenly don’t feel too good. You guys go ahead, I’m fine.” I replied.

“You should go see a doctor!” Ara interrupted. I turned my head and looked at her. “Go see a doctor, and find out what’s wrong!” She said with a smile.

I just didn’t find her appealing in any way possible.

Kyuhyun rubbed my shoulders “Go back home and rest, I’ll help you call your office, tell them you take the afternoon off. Go see a doctor if you continue to feel unwell okay?” I shook my head, “I can’t take the afternoon off, I’ve got a lot of things to complete. I’ll just go buy some Panadol or something.” I said, stepping back and away from his hands.

“You are not feeling well and you still want to work. This is my buddy, Ara, this is the workaholic girl!” Kyuhyun said as he put his arms round Ara.

“I’ll catch up with you soon, b-bye.” I said and quickly left the area.

“Bye Rae! Text me when you reach back your office!” He shouted behind me.

My tears started rolling down my cheek. What courage, what confession, what just happened? I felt like someone came and took my breath away and I knew if I stayed there any longer, I would have burst into tears. 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! 

Please comment and tell me how it went! It's been a while since I wrote something so I would like all feedback possible! Thank you for reading! 

 

 

 

Xoxo.