finale

Elusive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[First Paradox : Point Of View]

 

“Please stop staring at me and finish your homework.”

Sooyoung fixed her spectacles and massage her cramped legs, felt slight uncomfy when her student who's now sit silently next to her eyeing her with playful gaze. Not like she hate it, it just her duty was to teach him some of subject he weak at, not to let him staring at her for one hour full. Jungkook chuckles, shooking his head a bit before turning his attention to his book.

“Why can't i? You literally sat beside me, noona, and your perfume is a total distract.”

“It's not-- oh nevermind, i'll never use this perfume again then.” Sooyoung muttered, flipping her hair when the strand of it fell to her face and annoyed her. The boy next to her gasp and staring her with big doe-eyes.

“What's with that flipping action? You want to seduce me, noona?” Jungkook teased, grabbing his pen quickly and starting to finish his history assigment before the latter girl hit him with her ruler. Taking a quick glance to Sooyoung's cringed expression while she write something to help him with his math problem.

“Oh God, can you plis bring back the 15 years old Jungkook so he can finish his homework fastly because too shy to speak nor stare at me,” Sooyoung cried. “This grewn up boy had a really crooked mouth.”

“I am not!”

“Yes you are, now zipped it. We have to finish this before your mother come home.”

End of conversations, Jungkook thought, but he smiled. Glancing at Sooyoung one more time before started to focus on his history assigment, slightly smiling when he remembering her serious expression. She look more alluring, somehow. Or it was only when in his point of view.

Yes, it might be only in his point of view.

 

*

 

[Second Paradox : Dinner For Two]

 

“Are you sure you can cook something for me, noona?”

 

He was just teasing her, not really want to mock her or something. But seeing her frustrated face when she have to think what to cook is amusing to look, and Jungkook had a chance to see his private teacher face without spectacles on it, he was silently hoping she will never wear the spectacles anymore, because God know, she's look more pretty without it. Sooyoung ran her fingers through her long black hair, nearly giving up to the idea cooking her student a dinner. Because one, she's worst in cooking and two, she don't want to potioning her student.

It was all started with Jungkook's mother short message, saying that she will home late and asking Sooyoung's a favor to cook or bring Jungkook somewhere to eat dinner. And being the good girl she was, she agreed. But now, stuck in the kitchen without even know what to cook with Jungkook who's now sitting behind dinning table. The boy was literally can't stop to teasing her.

Okay, she gave up. Sooyoung whirling her body, walking out from the kitchen island and passing Jungkook. The boy turning his body to look what would she do. Sooyoung grabbing her phone, doing a call. She smiled and reciprocating Jungkook's gaze.

“I'm calling Domino's Pizza. What pizza do you like, Jungkook?”

The boy staring at her with sparkling gaze, “I like Cheese Mania, with extra cheese.”

“So that's why you're so cheesy, huh.” Sooyoung chuckles.

I'm being cheesy since i fall for you.

“I'm not cheesy. Just good at teasing.“ Jungkook grinned. “And i'm only being a tease when i was with you, noona.”

He put a subtle hint on it.

Her smile faded, expression changing into the surprised one before changing again into the gloomy one. Sooyoung clearing before turning her body around, letting her back facing Jungkook. The boy frowned. What was that?

 

 

15 minutes after, their pizza came. Jungkook's the one who take the order while Sooyoung was the one who paid the delivery man. The boy running eagerly to the coffe table infront of the television, putting two box of pizza and some other food on it. Sooyoung saying thank you before closing the door, she walked to the living room and saw the boy is already sitting on the couch, eating one slice of pizza.

“I'm not coming yet, and you already eating. How dare you.” Sooyoung shook her head, walk approaching him and tossing her body to the empty space next to him.

“Sorry.” Jungkook muttered, taking a small bite of his pizza. “But the smell of the cheese is driving my craving for pizza grew bigger, i can't help myself.”

“Huh, such a kid.” Sooyoung pout, grabbing the remote to turning on the television before took a slice of the pizza.

“You ordered two box of pizza. We just need one box of it you know,” Jungkook said, opening the other box. “Hey, it's meatzza, are these your favorite, noona?”

She fell silence, breath stucked inside and she stopped munching her pizza. Why did she ordered that other pizza in the first place? So stupid. To her memory, it was someone else favorite, and it brought back the pain that had been forgotten. Her heart start aching again, Sooyoung swallowed her pizza inside and putting her half eaten pizza on the opened pizza box.

“I'm gonna grab some drink.” Sooyoung said with flat tone, arose to her feet and walking to the pantry where the fridge was.

Jungkook gaze never leave her ever since she raised from the couch to the fridge, he felt a little bit strange about his teacher now. Was he doing or saying something wrong? Okay, the cheesy hint from back then was stupid, but is she mad at him because of it?

He started felt anxious eventho he used his usual blank expression on the outside.

 

There is nothing more worse than if someone you love don't want to talk to you anymore, and that's the thing Jungkook worried about.

 

*

 

[Third Paradox : Promise To Keep]

 

“Do you know that my son Jungkook had a huge crush on you?” Mrs. Kim smiled softly, eyeing the young girl that sit infront of her while sipping her warm white tea.

Sooyoung lowered her head, staring at her cup of hot chocolate with a frown plastered on her face. Don't even know what to say, because she actually don't want to say anything. She hate this topic. She knew Jungkook had something for her, but she refused to accept it. And now, his mother was the one who putting him to the conversation, to confirm if she had a keen intuition or not. It's complicated for her.

“Yes, i know, Mrs. Kim.”

“Oh please, Sooyoung. Call me mom, don't be such a stranger. You're soon to be my daughter too.” Mrs. Kim joked, making her smiling shyly. The woman infront of her had the same ability to make her felt comfortable, just like her son.

“Okay... mom,“ Sooyoung muttered. “But if you asking this to know that i'm still love him or--”

“I know that either, Sooyoung, you're a stubborn girl with a surviving heart and love.“ Mrs. Kim nods. “But just for reminder, if you don't have feelings toward Jungkook. Don't make him hoping for more.”

“Mom, i'm not---”

“But if you had feeling toward my younger son too, it's fine. I will be glad if you're the one who will be his wife soon.”

“He's too young, mom. He's 19 while i'm 21, i don't-- i mean, i just don't want to... i still in love with someoje else and...” Sooyoung bite her lower lips, can't finished her words. Mrs. Kim sighing before putting her cup to the table.

“It's funny how both of my sons was falling for the same beautiful girl.” Mrs. Kim said with a sad frown on her face, her eyes start glistening and Sooyoung holding back the urge to cry too. “But also tragic, because they suffering a different kind of situation after the accident.”

“Mom...”

“I begging you, Sooyoung-ah. Can you please think about it again?”

“I have a promise to keep with Taehyung, mom, i still believe at miracle. So i'll stay with my decision.”

Mrs. Kim sighs, “Okay, whatever you said, Sooyoung-ah. But remember, Jungkook is like his brother's half and you already with him for 3 years, he's a fighter and he will never giving up on you.”

She know. That's why she started to felt doubting her own decision to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter