OnTae Drabble

Collection of Drabble

 

“Come on, I really want you to see this!”

I ran after him, although I didn’t have a choice. He was pulling on my hand and forcing me to run right behind him. I didn’t even know where we were going; it was almost pitch black out (And it would be if it wasn’t for the full moon). He kept leading me on excitedly.

“Where are we going?” I asked curiously, although he hadn’t answered my question the first five times I asked. The older boy just let out a chuckle.

“You’ll see, we’re almost there.”

For the next few minutes I continued running with him. I was growing impatient not knowing where we were going, and not to mention whatever it was had to be ridiculous for dragging me out at this time.

We finally made it to his huge secret. He led me over to the edge of a pond; a pond looking clear as crystal as it reflected the moon and the star’s elegant moonlight. I was stunned and breathless. I didn’t even know a pond like this existed.

He looked over at me while still holding my hand. “Isn’t it beautiful? Taemin, there’s a secret about this pond. .” His voice trailed off as he stared into the alluring water. I raised my eyebrow and looked over at him.

“And what secret is that?”

He looked over at me and grinned a dorky, Onew-like grin. “Well, you’re not gonna believe me. But. . I need to tell you anyway.” The leader paused, once again returning his gaze to the lake. “This lake. . this magnificent lake. I know it sounds like it’s coming from a cheesy, low-budget movie, but. . This lake has magical water. Just one drink Taemin, one drink. And you’ll instantly look a year younger. Take one drink, two drinks, five drinks. Each will take your physical appearance back a whole year. Isn’t that amazing?” He turned towards me to see my reaction, but if anything I looked skeptical.

“Uh. . that. .” I crinkled my nose, trying to get the right words. “That sounds really silly Onew,” I finally said, his face melting into a kicked-puppy expression.

“I knew you wouldn’t believe me. Fine. I don’t need you to believe me, I’ll just live forever by myself.”

I sighed. I didn’t want our leader to feel dumb for showing me this and not getting the reaction he wanted, but I was highly suspicious. I shook my head slightly.

“Okay, okay. . I guess a year isn’t too long. . I’ll try it out. . I guess. .” I mumbled, giving in. His bright grin returned to his face.

“Great! Thanks for believing me, Taemin!”

I simply nodded and looked down at the water. One drink, huh? What if it really does work? Will anyone notice I look a year younger? A few various other questions arose as I leaned down and scooped some water in my hands. I didn’t necessarily believe in it yet, but part of me didn’t doubt it. I looked over at Onew with my eyes, as though getting his approval. I noticed him nod slightly to tell me to go on.

So I did. I brought my hands up to my lips and tilted my head back. In just a few seconds, I drank the whole handful. I brought my hands in front of my face and squinted to try and see them. I couldn’t tell anything, so I looked over at Onew.

“So, do I look any younger?”

He was still grinning, but not the same grin as before. It was a mischievous smile, and immediately I knew he had done something or had been lying.

“Onew, what did you do?!” I yelled, but only caused him to burst out laughing. My face flushed a light pink, not that anyone could tell, and crossed my arms. He took a minute to calm himself.

“Oh man Taemin, you’re so gullible.” I blinked, slightly confused at his statement.

“So you’re saying you lied?”

“Duh.”

“Why did you lie?!”

“ ‘Cause how funny would it be to see you drink pond water?”

I covered my mouth with one hand, but removed it shortly after to shout at him. “You’re so stupid!” I yelled, storming off in the direction we came.

“W-wait!” He laughed, running after me. “Taemin, it was all in good fun! Come onnn!”

Idiot. I thought, as I stomped back and wiped my mouth of any disgusting, microscopic pond creatures.