FIRST DAY

UP AND DOWN

“Nari wake up soon, your gonna be late honey. I hope you don’t plan to make a bad impression on the agency..!” Mrs. Yeom pulled the curtains and in came the glowing rays of the sun.

‘yeah nari big day for you…get your off the bed or your gonna be super late’ I thought to myself. I slid off the bed and went straight to the shower. Yup. Today is a huge day for me…at last I have taken my first step towards my dreams…it somehow feels sooo surreal .

I grabbed my bag of things…you know the girl stuff. Ate a toast and was on my way. “have a great day honey! Don’t fail to impress!!” “yeah mom don’t worry I’ll do my best, love you!”

Mom has always been my rock. She said when I was toddler, I grabbed a paper roll and used it like a mike and start singing…I would try to fumble words of songs. She always knew I would grow to do something with music…she always inspired me in the best way. Dad and Mom separated when I was just a kid, he lives in the states…I don’t even remember talking to him, I don’t find the need to. My mom is equal to 10 moms and dads…seriously.

And here I was on my way…I don’t know but I was very nervous….probably excited would be the right word.

 

The glass door pushed open……

 

Here I was…BigHit Entertainment Ltd. From here on I just wanna grow and grow and be the best…I donno know how…but I will a singer. I will, no matter what.

 

There were all people around me…running around with various papers, cams, documents.. I guess they getting things done for the many trainees who will be joining today…and of course the pop bands and singers. It’s a huge job, managing things for them.The reception was right ahead and I asked her.” hello, my name is Nari Yeom .I am a trainee, may I know where should I go, its my first day.” She smiled a warm smile and said “hello Nari, welcome to Bighit. We are happy to have you. Walk straight ahead and turn left, you will see a the training room. Some trainees have already arrived. You can join them.”

“thankyou very much” she was so sweet. Hmmm….i like it. Well I started to follow her directions. It was a long corridor, full of the pictures of many singers and bands bighit has launched. i hope one day i get my own frame. yeah that would be daebak. One of the frames was huge.A boy band.’ Bangtan Sonyeondan. ‘

”they are sooo hot. OMG I love them soo much. I sooo wanna meet them.” I turned back to see who was this crazy fangirl. She looked sweet and cute. A little shorter than me though. “Oh! I am sorry if I startled you. My name is Mina. First day as a trainee here!! I am sooo excited! What your name??”

“my name is Nari…this is my first day as a trainee too.” I wasn’t really very social, it takes me time to warm up to a person, but she seemed so friendly. I do admit I liked her. “ oh! That’s great” she replied, “well lets go to the training room. The class will start soon.”

 “sure, lets go”. Well that was a fine start.  

The training room was huge…it looked brilliant. Many girls and boys, I could hear a lot of talking and buzzing.

The glass door was dragged open and in came a man. The glass door was immediately closed.

 The man was none other than BangPD nim. Everyone bowed in respect. “ hello kids. Welcome to bighit. Its your first day as trainees, and I must say you all look pretty and bright. I am soo happy seeing the young generation. You all never fail to impress.”

His talk went on for half hour. But no one pretty much noticed. His speech was inspiring. And it was considerate of him to meet trainees, though he is always busy. I could see he cares a lot for his company.

We were then introduced to Mr. Lee, our dance teacher and Ms. Yu, our singing and vocals teacher. They seemed very determined. In the end of the orientation I knew it is gonna be very hard. I saw everyone. They all seemed talented. I can’t let people step over me. I need to be smart and do my best.

 

I started on my way to home. Mina joined along. “so you excited??”. I replied “ yeah .Very. But its gonna be hard. They want the best. They won’t waste their time on mediocre and low potential. That means we need to be the best.”

No I have to be the best. Friends come and go, but life is life. In the end it’s a rat race. I believe it. Especially in the music industry. It’s a tough world out there.

“hey. Enough of your competitive spirit alright?? We will do fine. I know. Come on lets have ice cream. My treat!”

I just smiled and followed her. Yup I am competitive.

And I love it.