Final

Colors

Junhong had always dreamt in color, but not in the way everyone expected.

 
Synesthesia. That's what it was called. When you associate the things around you with different colors, or at least that's how it was for Junhong.
 
There were different forms of course, but Junhong himself would associate people he knew with colors. 
 
His mother was the color of coffee, comforting and warm. His father was a rich purple color, strong and firm. Junseo was gray, sort of warm but firm as well, and unwilling to watch people around him suffer. A nicer color than people would think.
 
And then there were the BAP members. Junhong smiled slightly to himself as he thought of his hyungs.
 
Himchan was pink. A strong darker pink, but still bright, just like him. His standards could be a bit too high, but he always meant well. He was always looking out for Junhong and made him smile. The pink of flowers, as pretty as he was. Of strawberry candies, and of happiness. Yes, Himchan was a wonderful hyung, and pink was a wonderful color.
 
Daehyun was white. Clean and simple. The color of snow and winter and light laughter and warm mittens. A lovable and pretty color. It was as pure as his beautiful voice and as simple as he was. A blunt person, who wasn't too hard to figure out. It was the color of clean paper, of fresh sheets, of doves wings. A color of simple intentions. A color that was just as fresh and clean as he was.
 
Youngjae was yellow. Yellow was the color of the sun on a persons skin as the play with their friends, laughing and smiling. The color of a pencil, scratching the page as it traces its letters. The color of dandelions, before they turn white and are blown away by small children making a wish. Yellow, truly a color as bright as Youngjae himself.
 
Jongup was green. The color of fresh grass that you run through, barefoot and carefree. The color of a water bottle after strenuous exercise. Green was the color of the leaves on trees in spring and summer, before the fall comes and kills them, turning them into yellows and oranges and reds. The color of new starts. Of happiness. A color that truly fit Jongups caring but hard working personality.
 
He himself? He was blue. Nothing special. Common and, honestly, a bit boring. He wasn't as special as most people thought. A lot of people liked him, but that didn't mean that he was anything big. He was the color of the sky on a sunny day, of the ocean. He was the color that no one truly thought of much. He was good at complimenting others, but not always good on his own, or so he thought.
 
And then, there was Bang Yongguk. Junhong sighed slightly to himself. Yongguk was red. Bright and passionate. The color of burning embers. He was the color of the flag of a revolution. He was the blood running through the veins of protesters and soldiers. He was the color of a new dawn. He was the color of the marks left on skin the middle of the night, when only two people were there. He was the flushed faces as two lovers whispered "I love you" and "I need you".
 
Yes, red was truly his favorite color.
 
Junhong sighed again and rolled over slightly to face his lover. Yongguks eyes opened at the movement and he smiled at the younger boy. Leaning forward, he placed a kiss on Junhongs forehead.
 
"Hey baby, you okay?" Junhong nodded, and then quietly, almost without thinking;
 
"You're red."
 
"Hm?" Junhong flushed.
 
"Nothing hyung. It's nothing." Yongguk chuckled and put his arm around Junhong, pulling the younger closer to him.
 
"If you say so." He said.
 
But he knew what Junhong had said. And he understood what he had meant. 
 
And honestly, ever since he had met Junhong, his favorite color had changed to blue.