Who are you?

Teach me how to love

Who are you?”

Your voice seemed just a whisper in the air as you opened your eyes, seeing a figure stand in front of your humid eyes. Why weren’t you dead? Why were you outside of your car? 

You looked around and you saw your vehicle knocked on that tree that scared you since a few of … seconds ago?
You put your hand on your mouth starting to sob without even knowing the reason why your tears were sliding on your cheeks. You weren’t dead, but still you should have been. What did happen to you? 

You looked at the smoke coming out of your car; that tree unnaturally curled on that metal thing.

… and you suddenly remembered you weren’t alone. There was your best friend inside of that car.

You looked around searching for her blonde head, but what you saw was just an empty street and … him. You laid your eyes on that figure, still covered from the darkness; the lights from behind gave him a scary look and you were so on edge because you couldn’t have seen even a mere angle of his features.
“…h” You choked, starting to hack because of the sobs. You tried to get up, but you just crawled away when you saw him moving to help you. You looked at the car again, starting to feel that anxious sensation suffocating you. Why wasn’t she there?
You made a guttural sound with your throat, starting to crawl toward that black vehicle.

As you arrived to the car, you  called for her with a lot of effort, since your voice was just a raspy sound. You desperately knocked at the door, calling for her. You wanted to get up, but your legs were just jelly and when you tried to grip on the broken window of the car, part of yourself really regretted to have had the strength to get up. What you saw was … blood.

… and then black.

His hand was covering your eyes and helping you to crawl to the side to throw up bile. You grunted as you tightened your stomach feeling another retching scratch your throat. What was that … thing? your best friend?
That wasn’t your friend’s face, that pierced body wasn’t hers, it couldn’t have been her. You sobbed as you had another gag sensation without throwing up anything.

“Who are you..?”

You cried out, you let him cover your eyes, afraid that curiosity would have let you look at her again. “Why am I not with her..?” You sobbed, letting your body fall on the ground, his own body followed you, kneeling on the cold and wet ground right behind you. You could have felt his body pressing a little on yours. Why the hell didn’t he speak a word? Was he a mute? 
You shove his hand away from your face, curling yourself on the street. Your fingers were scratching the ground and your forehead was pushing on the cold asphalt; your entire body was shaken because of your sobs and you just noticed in that moment that the rain was falling from that dark sky, a black sky without even a start. You were totally into those strange feelings of emptiness and confusion. You couldn’t have remembered those few seconds right after the crash and you were totally cursing yourself. If you have saved yourself, nothing would have impede the rescue of your best friend; it was just unfair you lived and she became part of that car.

You shouldn’t have watched …” You choked a breath as he spoke. What was that voice? It was like, it was like it was right inside of your head, echoing in your brain and  your ears. You stopped your fingers, starting to feel the pain of the broken nails.
“You don’t need to know who I am …” He simply replied, before you could have asked again the same question. You slowly turned, forcing yourself to avoid even to look briefly to the car. He had short blonde hair and his clothes were so simple, but still so elegant on him. His face was skinny and he wasn’t so high, but still you had probably to tip toe to face him.

“I need to know why I am here.” You whispered and he looked at the car.
“It just wasn’t your time.” He replied and a sudden anger filled your body. Was he crazy? It wasn’t your time, but still it was your friend’s? 

You pushed him, touching his leg. Your entire body shivered, but you just ignored that sensation.
“BULL!” You shouted out, pushing him again. 
“Calm down.”

You stayed still, feeling your own body feeling a lot lighter than before. Who was he? You couldn’t have cried, not even if you wanted to. You just were sniffing and looking at the ground.
“Isn’t your task deciding when is the time of who, am I right?” and you slowly nodded, even if you wanted to reply back. You just felt a lot calmer than before and you were peacefully listening to his words.
“If it can let you feel better knowing my name, I’m Yoongi.” You looked up at him, your eyes were painful due to the tears. They were probably all red and swollen. Your view was muffled and you sniffed again as he wiped the tears from your cheeks. “Why are you here?” His smiled softly, caressing your injured and wet cheek. “Because it wasn’t your time.”

“And it’s your task deciding when it is my time?” After you spoke, you remembered how his voice seemed like it didn’t come out from his mouth, but was still and just in your head.
“Something like that. I’m just a kind of guide.” He mumbled the last word, like he was unsure to how call his work as well. A guide? He didn’t look a guide at all, moreover why a guide had to be here?
“… A guide?” You echoed and he lazily nodded.

“Kind of. You know, there isn’t a real name for what I do. I just take people in their new … place.”

“oh, like an estate agent?” You asked and he giggled shaking his head.

“Don’t try to understand ____, take it as it is. I am a guide and you’re starting to lose consciousness.” He concluded taking you while everything around you was becoming so dark.

 


 

mh,” You opened your eyes feeling a sudden warm sensation around your body. He was holding you with such a delicacy that his skin seemed it wasn’t really brushing on yours. “You should call someone.” You hid your face between his neck and his shoulder, he didn’t had a scent. It was like breathing the air. “You’re voice is so strange.” You mumbled and he giggled letting his chest trembling. “It’s because I’m not like you.”

“What do you mean..?”

“It isn’t something so important ___-”

“Why do you know my name? Did you control my ID card?”

“kind of.”

“These “Kind of” are so annoying…” He grinned again moving away from your face some hair. “Can you say something without that word?”

“You wouldn’t really believe me, _____.”

“test me.”

“Do you know what an angel is?”

You looked at him without moving your head, and angel? Of course you knew what an-

“Good, since you know -”
Was he reading in your mind or that was just a cas-
“I am.”

“Oh my God.”

You crawled away from him. “What the hell are you?” You wondered, truly scary of all the situation.

“I told you.”

BULL!” You screamed and he rolled his eyes taking your ankle.

“____, Calm-”
“Don’t ing use your ing angel, fairy -or whatever they are- powers on me?!” You screamed starting to understand the reason why you felt like you were in piece with all of your senses just after you foundyour… friend. You sighed again as he tightened his grip on your skin.

“I’m going to scream …” You warned and he just laughed. 

“They can’t see me if I don’t want to.”
“You are crazy.”
“Angels can’t have mental illness.” You just rolled you eyes. 
“Angels don’t exist.”  
“I’m right here in front of you.”
“Because you’re a ing … human.” What the hell was happening. He grunted and he moved above you taking you between his arms.
“Close your eyes, ____.”You suddenly felt a jolt and you curled yourself between Yoongi’s arms.

“Look.” He commanded and you looked around yourself.

the sky.

an immense sweep of shining stars and nothing more. You looked at him, his eyes were slightly lighter than before. They looked like the amber and his skin was amazing between the celestial body. You looked underneath noticing he was on the peak of a tree. You couldn’t have felt fears in yourself, was it because he calmed you down?

“Is my time arrived?” You asked, hearing your own voice shakes.
“Nope.”
“Do you know when I will die?” 
“I don’t know, It’s not my task. I’m just a guide.”
“So why are you here, why are you with me?”
“I’m just curious of humans and since I saw you in that car I’ve just felt the need to save you.”
… save me?
“Don’t worry, you wouldn’t have died, but you would have slept for … for a lot of time.”

You choked a breath, knowing what your real fate would have been. Even if you couldn’t have felt nothing bad because of his .. powers, you still felt a tears sliding on your cheek.
“Don’t cry.” He said starting to go down from that tree. It was like he was dancing between the nature. 

“Why are you curious about humans?” 

“Humans can be dirty, nasty, happy, sad, they can love…”
“You’re an angel, you should be perfect.”
He giggled helping you to go down from his embrace. “We are, but I wonder how it is … You know … being a human. I’d like to understand how horrible is the pain because of the feelings.” 
“Can’t you feel that? Haven’t you loved someone in your … life?”
_____, We aren’t nor women nor men. We don’t love in the way you love. We’re just … angels.” He shrugged and you giggled.
“Won’t Him be mad at you because of this?”
“Oh, He is. But he always said that we’re free to do what we want as long as we respect the rules. I’m not breaking any rule right now.” 
“Will you stay with me, then?” 
“I don’t know.” He mumbled.
“I don’t know if I should say I hope to meet you again or not. You know, I don’t want to meet you if it is because you have to do your “Guide” work.” He giggled caressing your head.
“Don’t think about your death.” You shivered at his words. “Don’t say that word so lightly …” 

“Sorry.”

“I have to go … You know. I need to call-”
“They’re coming, so yeah. You should go there. Police won’t believe you had to leave because an angel took you on the peak of a tree.” You giggled as he took your hand and let close your eyes to “accompany” you where you were before.