Call Me Daddy

Call Me Daddy

Baekhyun watched Daehyun hold their one year and three month old son with an amused look. At the moment, his husband was doing his best trying to get Taehyung to say "daddy".

"Come on Tae, you can say it. Say D-A-D-D-Y." Taehyung simply stared at his father before laying his head on Daehyun's shoulder. He didn't stay like for long and instead opted to put his hands on his father's face. While their son was giggling, Daehyun sent a glance to Baekhyun that clearly said "help me."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and shook his head with a grin. Calling Taehyung's name made the little boy turn around. Successfully getting his sons attention made Baekhyun smile. Especially when Taehyung started to wiggle in Daehyun's arms.

"Mama! Mama!" Taking their son from Daehyun's arms with a smug smile, Bsekhyun cooed at Taehyung. Knowing Daehyun would probably be pouting, he didn't look at him.

"Maybe you just aren't trying hard enough?" Daehyun lowered his head, not wanting Bsekhyun to see his pout. "Do you want me to help you?"

Daehyun raised his head and nodded. "I'd appreciate it Baek."

☆~A Few Moments Later~★

Taehyung stared at his mother in complete concentration. Well as much concentration as a one year old could muster. Bsekhyun glanced at Daehyun, who nodded to say he was ready.

"This is ridiculous Tae." Taehyung blinked for a moment before nodding. Bsekhyun chuckled which in turn made the little boy giggle. Daehyun cried internally at the adorable moment between mother and son. Once it passed, Bsekhyun set Taehyung down.

"Alright, we're ready when you are Dae."

★~☆~★~☆

"Okay Taehyung, where's your daddy?"

Starting at his mother for a few moments, Taehyung turned to Daehyun before putting his hands on his face. Bsekhyun smiled when their son looked to him for approval. "At least he knows you're his father."

Removing Taehyung's hands from his face, Daehyun also smiled. Though it quickly turned into a pout. "But why won't you acknowledge that?"

Taehyung smiled at his parents and opened his mouth. Only for him to close it again while reaching for his father. Baekhyun and Daehyun shared a glance before he took him into his arms. Once he was settled, Taehyung started to gaze at Daehyun. His mouth would move, as if trying to form words.

This happened everyday over the course of a week. Daehyun and Baekhyun didn't pay much attention to Taehyung's behavior. They continued to try to teach their son how to say "daddy" but to no avail. He would end each session in Daehyun's arms, mouthing words. Baekhyun had a feeling that whatever his son was doing would end up making Daehyun happy. His feeling ended up being true at the end of the week.

 Once again, the three of them were practicing and it seemed as if Taehyung was getting the hang of it. But that hope quickly dimmed as Taehyung reached out to Daehyun. Which meant that days practice has come to an end. But, what Taehyung did next almost made Daehyun cry.

Taehyung reached towards Daehyun with a big smile. "D-d-" Closing his mouth in thought, the little boy scrunched his face up before shaking his head.

Daehyun's eyes widened. Was his son going to say it? Was he really-

"Papa!"

★~☆~★~☆

"Then he cried. And since Taehyung was still reaching for him with his arms out, Daehyun picked him up. And he just burst into tears." Baekhyun tried to hold in his laughter while telling the story. But he couldn't help himself when everyone else started laughing. Even Taehyung, who was now sixteen, couldn't help himself at the memory.

Daehyun cleared his throat, "To be clear, I didn't cry. My eyes started to sweat."

"Sure, like well believe that. We all know you are very emotional when it comes to Tae." Daehyun's youngest brother, Junhong, said while rolling his eyes. Both Daehyun and Bawkhyun's siblings laughed at that content, especially since it was true.

The rest of the night continued that way for a few hours. Only until both sides of the family said they were ready to lever. Once everyone was gone and everyone said their goodbyes and happy birthday to Taehyung, the small family sat in the living room. The three of them had their own little story time until Taehyung was yawning.

"Ah, I guess it's about time you went to sleep Tae." Baekhyun and Daehyun ushered their tired teen to his room. Even though it's been a while since they tucked in their son, Taehyung didn't mind one bit.

"Good night Mama."

"Good night Tae."

 Taehyung grinned up at his father. "Good night Papa."

Rolling his eyes at his son, Daehyun also grinned. "Goodnight Tae."

After leaving their son to sleep, Daehyun and Baekhyun were also getting ready for bed. They dressed in their night clothes before getting under the covers. Baekhyun cuddled close to his husband and grinned.

"You know Daehyun, we never got to have Tae call you daddy." Daehyun chuckled at that, "It's alright. I'm just happy he calls me anything."

Baekhyun laid his arm around Daehyuns middle, "Well, you have another chance."

And so, that was how Daehyun felt confused once he fell asleep. It stayed on his mind for the next seven days. Only until after that week ended did Baekhyun get tired of Daehyun's obliviousness. It was in the afternoon when the frustrated Baekhyun dragged his confused husband in the kitchen.

 "W-what did you pull me in here for Baek?" Crossing his arms at the question, Baekhyun raised an eyebrow.

"You still haven't figured it out yet? After a week?" Daehyun shook his head, knowing exactly what Baekhyun talking about.

An exasperated sigh left the frustrated males'mouth. "Dae, I'm pregnant!"

♥~One Year Later~♡

"Okay Bambam, who am I?" Baekhyun said while pointing to himself.

The one year old blinked before he started smiling. He waved his handds towards Baekhyun, "Mama!"

Both Daehyun and Baekhyun clapped and Bambam followed his parents' actions. The happy child also smiled when his mother rubbed his hair. Once the moment died down, Baekhyun pointed towards Daehyun. "Now, who is this?"

Bambam stared at his father with wide eyes before crawling to him. Daehyun noticed his son struggling to get in his lap, so he picked him up and set him down on his leg. Bambam laid his head on his father's shoulder. For a second Daehyun thought his son would go to sleeo without saying anything. But, Bambam raised his head with a smile.

"Daddy!"

♥~♡~♥~♡

"Anf of course you know he cried."