Perfection

Perfection

Taehyung woke up to sunlight and the warmth of his blanket. He sat up in bed and stretched his hands over his head. A much needed move after the positions he tended to sleep in. He rubbed his eyes and looked over to the source that added more warmth to his bed than any blanket ever could. A smile took its place on his lips; unconsciously so. But then who could ever resist smiling at Jung Hoseok?

Taehyung combed his fingers through Hoseok's hair and hummed as the softness of his hair brushed against Taehyung's fingers. The raven locks fell onto the forehead of the older and, the motion seeming to have bothered him, he shifted.

“Hmm" a sound came from him.

Taehyung's smile grew wider.

“He’s so cute" he thought as he admired the sleeping one's profile.

A protruding jaw line etched the side of his face leading to a pointed chin. Above the chin rested, Taehyung's favourite part of Hoseok’s face; heart-shaped lips. Lips that would lift in a heart-shaped smile; one which made onlookers smile along with him. Because it was that genuine, that pure. Lips that would turn bruised and red after their late-night adventures. Lips through which Hoseok would convey the purest of emotions to Taehyung; that would make the latter’s heart ache a little and swell at the same time. And that little beauty spot on his right upper lip. Perfection.

A pointed nose and two eyes that were seas of emotion; currently closed. Hoseok's lashes, draped over his eyes, were long and thick. And his milk white skin; without a single blemish, encased his features.

And then there was Jung Hoseok himself. A man you couldn't help but love. Yes, his personality was all rainbows and sunshine, but that wasn't all.

"Happiness is infectious, Taehyungie." Hoseok had once said.

His logic lay in the place that if he was happy round the clock, this happiness would spread to other people. And the kind of person Hoseok was he happily ignored the stress and responsibility that came with being a happy virus. He figured he would smile his way through. Taehyung loved his strong mentality, the strength to bear sadness that wasn't his own. Because if you couldn't smile, Hoseok would smile for you. If you couldn't cry, he would for you. Hoseok was like soft clay; molding into whatever shape the person with him needed him to be. A shoulder to cry on, a listener to rant to, a joker to make you smile; the list could go on. A sacrificing person whose sacrifice was, always than not, taken for granted. And a single tear slipped from Taehyung's eye on that thought.

But Hoseok was human too. And Taehyung had seen this human; crying himself to sleep because the painkillers weren't working on his twisted ankle. The first night he had slipped into Hoseok's bed and comforted him with soothing words; a first of many more to come. And Taehyung had come to love this human. And somewhere along the lines of falling for him, he had forgiven Hoseok for stealing his first kiss.

And then there were 50 shades of Hoseok's talents. His dancing skills that made jaws drop left and right. The precision and fluidity with which he moved; bones all but forgotten. Each muscle flowing with the tune paired with dead-on expressions and on spot creativity that had earned him so much fame. But all this couldn't hold a candle to his smile. When he danced, his smile threatened to split his face in two. It shone with the passion, love and dedication Hoseok had for dancing. And that smile had been the first of punches to Kim Taehyung; ones that would lead to his K.O. His raps that burned with passion as he pronounced each word. The way his tone matched the lyrics and the joy that he emitted while rapping. And the heavens forbid someone talk about his singing. An under-rated voice that was equal parts skilled and beautiful. How it perfectly transitioned into the songs and how each tune changed it. Sometimes it was nasal while at others it was low and had a base effect to it. Taehyung chuckled as he remembered Hoseok singing "A Thousand Years"; eyes closed, voice high pitched. And Taehyung had been laughing uncontrollably at the sight. But when Hoseok kissed him, for the second time, and said "I will love you. For a thousand years." all laughter had died down. Flushed cheeks and sincere eyes remained.

And Hoseok had stood by him through all. The night he cried, tears falling endlessly as his father claimed to having no homoual child; Hoseok had been a blanket of comfort and love. When Jimin had refused to talk to him because he couldn't come to terms with his and Hoseok's relationship, Hoseok was a pillar of strength. Jimin had eventually come around; after the initial shock died down and reason returned. When he was accused of shaming his favourite band, Hoseok had been his link to sanity. When his beloved fans called him an alien, Hoseok was the messenger who showed him countless messages of fans who stopped this trend because they didn't want to hurt V's feelings. And these memories made Taehyung’s heart fuller than it was; of the enigma that was Jung Hoseok.

Taehyung also fell for the little things. How Hoseok was observant even though he seemed aloof. How he had gotten Taehyung the pearl blue bracelet he had liked in a magazine; and one for himself too. How Taehyung's birthday gift was nothing lavish; just two silver band rings; with an engraving of their names for the other. How his eyes never failed to deliver his love. How gentle Hoseok had been their first time, careful and loving as if Taehyung was winters first snow and the slightest touch would melt him. How on another birthday, a call came through from a Daegu number and his father’s deep voice greeted him on the other side. Hoseok had just smiled through it all. Love pouring from those eyes; ones that had laid his soul bare to Taehyung. And more tears fell until he was crying full on.

Hoseok immediately sprang up in bed and a string of questions rapid fired through his mouth.

"What happened? Are you hurt? Did someone say something? Do you want food? Did the dinosaur in your dreams get killed?"

Taehyung laughed at the last question.

"No, he's fine."

"Tae, then what happened?”

"I just realized how much I love you." Taehyung gave his rectangular grin and was met with a heart-shaped one.

"Aish you greasy kid. I almost got a heart attack!"

"Hobi! Tae! We leave in two hours~ Get out of bed."

"Yes Mom" they yelled in unison and they were met with a loud wail from the kitchen. Both of them doubled over in laughter and another realization hit Taehyung. His laugh: one full of mirth and innocence. One that made something flutter inside of Taehyung and made him giddy all over.

Hoseok smiled at Taehyung and kissed his forehead.

“I love you too, Taehyung. I love you too."

And Taehyung decided he could smile through it all too.