t~w~o

The Riders

       "Hey... where's Won Woo?" Seung Kwan was the first of the group to arise. Soon Young awoke a few seconds later, drowsily shaking his head side to side a couple of times before fully registering Seung Kwan's words. 

       "He should be here... right?" Ming Hao stirred in Jisoo's lap, snuggling closer to the soft stomach of his new friend. 

       "I don't think so... do you think he left in a hurry? His books are still here." Jisoo opened his eyes, and blinked sleepily a few times, Ming Hao's hair as he did so. 

       "Are you sure? Where's Jihoon?" Jisoo yawned.

       "I think I saw him go outside for a walk." Soon Young raised an eyebrow.

       "It's dark out. I don't think Jihoon would stay out for that long." Ming Hao propped his head up on Jisoo's knee.

       "Should we go and check?" The four shifted uneasily. The sight of the dark sky and the howling wind wasn't the most appealing to the group of weak-hearted people. After a few minutes of glancing warily around at each other and awkwardly fiddling with finger and clothing, Seung Kwan threw his hands up, and rolled his eyes all the way to the back of his head.

       "Fine! I'll go and check!" He stood up shakily, letting the blood rush to his feet unpleasantly. With each step he took, pins and needles shot up his leg, and he winced and groaned dramatically. He turned a few corners and reached the screen door that led to the back of the bakery that was now closed shut, thanks to another random employee, Seung Kwan assumed. 

       He stepped outside. The cold wind brushed through his hair and shot him in the face, causing Seung Kwan to let out a string of curses under his breath. A raspy chuckle was heard from behind Seung Kwan.

       "Cute boys like you shouldn't be cursing like that..." Seung Kwan shrieked and jumped around, trying to find the owner of the voice.

       "Who the are you? Where the hell did you take Jihoon and Won Woo?" A shadowy figure appeared in front of Seung Kwan.

       "Who're they? And am I going to need to wash out your mouth? You keep cursing so much, it's not cute." Seung Kwan rolled his eyes.

       "Where are my friends? One's really short and has pink hair! The other's tall, and has dark hair and eyes that make him look emo!" The figure scratched its head.

       "Uh... haven't seen them." Seung Kwan scoffed.

       "Well, you're no help." The figure, or man, Seung Kwan presumed, crossed his arms.

       "Well your searching isn't of the best quality either. I wouldn't be talking."

       "Low quality? Low quality?! LOw QuALItY? Dafuq do you mean by low quality, I am the best quality!" The figure chuckled, and stepped out into the moonlight. Seung Kwan proceeded to swoon. The man had long-ish wavy hair with clear, brown eyes that held his gaze intensely. A small smirk was formed across his thin lips as he scanned Seung Kwan up and down, and nodded appreciatively. The diva blushed profusely, and looked away.

       "You're really cute. What's your name? Mine's Hansol."

       "It's Seung Kwan. And you, Hansol, have been absolutely no help at all. Good bye." Seung Kwan sassily put a hand up in front of Hansol's face, and strutted away, walking towards the screen door. 

       "Not so fast, Seung Kwan." Strong hands grabbed onto Seung Kwan's arms and pulled him back, and away from the screen door. Seung Kwan let out streams of profanities, and damned Hansol to hell.

       "God damn it, let me find my friends in peace!" Hansol laughed softly, and pulled Seung Kwan towards him so that his back was touching his chest.

       "Oh, don't worry. I'll take you to your friends." Seung Kwan then out from fear and shock as Hansol's eyes started to glow a bright golden hue. The last thing he saw were Hansol's pupils turning into slits, and the skin around his eyes starting to form... scales? Then, darkness.

.

.

.

.

.

       An uneasy Ming Hao shuffled out of the bakery nervously, looking like a shy, little lamb. His small hands were clasped together, and his shoulder were tensed up, making him seem smaller than he already was. The trio had drawn sticks to see who would go next, and Ming Hao's was the shortest. 

       "H-hello? Jihoon? Won Woo? Seung Kwan? Are you guys out here?" His heavily accented Korean got even worse as his voice started to become shaky. 

       "Who's Jihoon?" A deep voice was heard by Ming Hao, who jolted and yelped.

       "He's my friend, and he's gone missing. Have you seen him?" He could make out the figure of a man.

       "Hm... depends. What does he look like?" 

       "Well, Jihoon's really, really short. He has pink hair, big eyes, and kinda resembles a cat." Ming Hao could finally see the man's face, and he wasn't disappointed. His sharp eyes and nose made him look mature and charismatic. They were pretty much the opposite of Ming Hao's rounded, doe eyes and small, petite nose. 

       "He doesn't sound as cute as you though..." Ming Hao blushed furiously, and twiddled with his fingers, looking down at the ground shyly while forgetting his current mission: find his friends. 

       "That's not true... I'm not cute..." The man smiled softly, and put a finger under Ming Hao's chin, lifting his head up so that he could see his face.

       "You're gorgeous." Ming Hao almost let out a squeak, and almost fainted on the spot right there, but he noticed something strange. Unlike most eyes, this man's eyes were... violet. And his pupils were in the shape of tiny slits, much like a snake's eyes. He let out a tiny, almost unnoticeable gasp as the man's eyes glowed.

       "What... are you?" The man merely smiled before showing his teeth, which had large sharp canines peeking out between his lips. Being the most weak-hearted of the group, Ming Hao fainted immediately, his eyes rolling into the back of his head and his jaw dropping slightly as the man swiftly caught him. His head lolled back onto the taller's shoulder, earning a fond smile from the stranger. He nuzzled his sharp nose into the young boy's neck.

       "You're mine now."

.

.

.

.

.

       "God damn it, Jisoo. Just go!" Soon Young was pushing a flustered, nervous Jisoo out the door, who desperately tried to claw his way back through the screen door and into the warm bakery where everyone was happy and was drinking and eating good food that Jisoo couldn't obtain at the moment. He pouted adorable through the screen door at a salty Soon Young, who merely turned away, not before sticking his tongue out at him childishly and giggling evilly before locking the door.

       "Good luck, Mr. Hong!" Jisoo glared at the blonde, who shrugged nochalantly, despite the fact that more than half of them were gone. Jisoo gulped, and ran around the clearing. He picked up a stick no longer than the length of his arm, and brandished it in front of himself protectively like a sword. He had cold sweat running down his forehead, and down the back of his neck. Jisoo circled around the clearing, making sure that there wasn't anything that could be of potential danger to him.

       "Is anybody there? Jihoon? Won Woo? Seung Kwan?" He swung his branch around a few times after he heard the wind start to blow again, as if warning other creatures not to go near him.

       "Stay away!" A laugh was heard behind Jisoo, before large hands reached out from behind his waist to grab the stick Jisoo was holding. He was now trapped in the arms of a random stranger.

       "If you're gonna attack something, you can't fight like that. You'll get killed in no time." Jisoo whirled around, not realizing that he was still being held tight, and came inches away from one of the most beautiful faces that he'd ever seen in his life. Long, blonde hair framed the man's face, and large sparkly eyes studied him closely and intently.

       "You're not from around here, aren't you?" Jisoo nodded nervously, scared to make a move in case the beautiful man would take the stick he was holding as a weapon. Images of himself being stabbed through the stomach made him feel sick, and he turned a little green. The man's eyebrows furrowed in worry, and he dropped the stick. He grabbed Jisoo gently by the shoulders and shook him a little.

        "Hey, are you okay?" Jisoo's imagination went a little overboard as he ended up passing out in the man's embrace. The man shook his head.

        "I swear, if you weren't this pretty, you'd be a goner by now. So heavy." 

.

.

.

.

.

       "Yoohooooooooooo! Jisoo? You alright?" Only silence answered Soon Young after he finally poked his blonde head out of the screen door.

       "Are you dead?" He giggled a little bit, but after he was greeted with silence once more, his face became pale.

       "Yo, I didn't mean that! Just saying! Where are you?" Soon Young tentatively took one baby step outside.

       "Where da hell are you?! Hong Jisoo, I swear to God, you're not being funny right now! Come back inside!" Soon Young took out a flashlight, and lit it up. Apparently, he was the only one smart enough to actually bring one, at least. He shone the light everywhere in his point of view, and sighed in relief as he found nothing too life-threatening. He turned around, and shone the light directly onto something that definitely wasn't a bush or a tree. Instead, he saw deep blue scales that traveled down a moving chest. Heavy snorts of air were heard as Soon Young's eyes grew wide.

       He slowly moved the beam of light upwards, revealing more scales, two forearms, a pale stomach, a long neck, and a scale-covered snout before he realized that he should most likely run. He took a few steps backwards, and instead of running back into the bakery, he decided to run all the way in the opposite direction. How smart, Kwon Soon Young. How ing smart. He started to scream bloody murder as he heard loud footsteps behind him. A large hand wrapped itself around his waist, pulling him up against a broad chest. Another hands quickly clamped down over his mouth, covering up any noise that Soon Young was making. 

       "Shhhhhhh... they're gonna hear you!" Soon Young turned around quickly, pulling out of the man's loose grip around his waist. He was met with a pleasant sight. It wasn't everyday that a cute boy wrapped his arm around your waist and whispered into your ear. Soon Young blushed, before noticing the man's electric blue eyes.

       "What in the name of hell are you?"

.

.

.

.

.

       Won Woo was met with the sight of a pair of beautiful, sinewy purple wings that protuded elegantly from the tall man's back. His mouth was open in awe as he stared. The man was quite surprised. Normally, people would've either screamed and ran away, or tried to hunt him down to put him a laboratory.

       "Are those... real?" The man surpressed a small smile, nodding solemnly, and tensing up as Won Woo reach out tentatively.

       "May I...?" He was entranced by the man's hazy green eyes, and golden tan skin. The man quickly grabbed onto Won Woo's outstretched hand before abruptly tugging him closer. Their faces were mere inches apart, and Won Woo's pale skin was dusted with a light pink across his cheekbones. No one had ever maintained this type of contact with him before. 

       "Damn, at least tell me your name first, cutie." Won Woo blushed more, if that was even possible. He ducked his head shyly.

       "My name's Won Woo. What about you?" The man grinned, revealing sharp, toothy canines.

       "Oh, almost forgot. My name's Kim Min Gyu. And don't forget it."