Let The Games Begin!

Kpop: The Ultimate Idol Games

Hi guys! Sorry if I took forever to come back, I'm really busy with my schoolwork recently. And I can't believe that there are people waiting for the story! Don't wanna disappoint you guys! I'll get this chapter out now XD.BTW, I'll be writing this from 3rd POV! :)

 

" I am delighted to annouce the reunification of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea!" Mr Kim Jong Un's voice blasts out from the speakers in the main parade square of Pyongyang, the capital of The Democratic People's Republic of Korea. 

"I have a special annoucement for all of the citizens of this spectacular country. To commemorate the liberalisation of Korea, we shall hold an annual idol games, in which all of the members of the 20 most famous girl groups shall fight to the death! This competition is to get rid of these disgraceful citizens that have been promoting Korean music to the world in a way that encourages American imperialism! This is not to be tolerated any longer! These people are a shame to our country! The games' shall be held in one month's time! That is all!" Mr Kim, with a smug look on his face, then salutes, which gives way to large roar of "Long Live our Leader!" from his army before leaving the room.

Seoul, Korea, 2 weeks after the announcement

After the announcement of the Games, all girl group members that have been promoting in the past 2 years on any music show are then rounded up, for the inaugaral reaping. For the reaping, an extremely sombre mood could be sensed in the atmosphere. The emcee that would be officaiating the ceremony was Yoo Jae Suk, who had an extremely different atttitude from the one the Korean public had come to know in the now-banned Running Man. 

"As men have all enlisted in Korean Peoples' Army, all men from the ages of 21-40 have to serve the army. Therefore, only women shall be reaped."

"These 20 groups are a disgrace to our country. Our Dear Leader has decided they should have no right to be in this country! However, as most non-Korean idol group members have left the country, only Korean citizens will be selected. Any remaining non-Korean members of idol groups are welcome to leave."

No one moved a muscle.

"Well then! Let's start the reaping! The following reaping system has been selected:

  • 5 most famous girl groups of the "Hallyu Generation" or, as the Dear Leader calls it, the "Disgraceful Generation". These years are from 2009 to 2015.
  • top 3 rookies of the years 2014-2015
  • random girl groups that will be pulled out of the reaping bowl

Groups with more members have to send more tributes.

The most famous groups have been selcted based on the surveys that were done before the reunification of Korea. These groups are:

  • SNSD (3)
  • 2NE1
  • Sistar
  • Apink (2)
  • 4 minute

The 3 rookies are:

  • Twice (3)
  • Gfriend (2)
  • Red Velvet 

Top girl groups drawn are:

  • f(x)
  • Miss A
  • Girls' Day
  • Fiestar
  • AOA (2)

(PS: I'm goin through the reaping really quick. I will not elaborate on the reactions of some groups' members. If not this might be 2000-word essay XD.)

"SNSD. Kim Taeyeon, Hwang Mi Young and Kwon Yuri."

Tiffany and Taeyeon seemed shell-shocked, and were as stiff as blocks of ice. Yuri was more collected, and made her way up the stage, Taeyeon, however, seemed to have lost her head completely, and looked like she wanted to faint.

"2NE1. Park Bom."

"Sistar. Kim Hyo Jung." However, Bora screams, "I volunteer as representative!" and takes her place.

"Apink. Park Chorong and Yoon Bomi." Ironically, the 4 Apink members were crying harder than the 2 representatives.

"4 Minute. Kim Hyuna."

"Now the rookies! Twice. Im Nayeon, Kim Dahyun and Kim Ji Hyo."

"Gfriend. Kim So Jung and Jung Yerin." The Gfriend members were the most emotional, with them having a group hug before letting the duo go up the stage.

"Red Velvet. Park Soo Young." The most violent reaction, however, came from Yook Sungjae, who was in-camp watching the reaping. The now state-controlled media had known of the pair's participation in We Got Married, and were on standby to ensure Sungjae was subdued by a few army officers.

"f(x). Jung Soo Jung." As Krystal walked up the stage. Jessica was so upset with herself, knowing that her Krystal was in danger but was powerless to help her, as she could not vlounteer for a girl in a different group.

"Miss A. Bae Su Ji."

"Girls' Day. Park Sojin."

Before Jae Suk announced the Fiestar representative, the Chinese member, Cao Lu, volunteered as represenative.

"AOA. Kim Chanmi and Kim Seolhyun." Jimin the leader of AOA, had volunteered, but the maknae and the visual of AOA both turned her down.

"Very well then! We are done with our reaping! May the odds be ever in your idol's favour!"

PS: This story will be half-fition, half-real-life! There will be real-life refrences! WIll try and update soon! XD

PPS: Which character do you want me to develop more? The Sungjae and Joy lovebird story, the fiesty Cao Lu, or the BFFs forever story of Tiffany and Bora? Or the sisterly love of the Jung sisters? Comment down below! :)