Chapter 30

Amnesia

"That's alright, it's better that way." Baekhyun said with a smiel and Taeyeon raised her brows. "Why so?" She asked. 

"Because, I'll be hurt if I'm not included in your future plans." Baekhyun honestly said and Taeyeon frowned. "Hey, I thought we talked about this?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun forced a smile. "I just can't help it. What if someone better than me comes along?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon laughed making Baekhyun look at her in confusion. 

"Why would I look for someone better when I found the best?" She ask as she continue to pinch Baekhyun's cheek. The redness on the latter's face didn't go unnoticed. "Oh my God, is Byun Baekhyun shy?" Taeyeon asked teasingly and Baekhyun sighed. 

"Whatever." Baekhyun answered before turning his attention to the gift Chanyeol gave them. "Open it." Taeyeon and Baekhyun nodded his head. Unwrapping the box, Baekhyun raised his brows when he saw a white box. Flipping it to the side, Baekhyun opened the box and pulled what's inside it revealing two medium sized pebble stones in black and white. Taking it out from the box, Baekhyun chuckled when he saw their names engraved on each stones. 

The black one for Baekhyun and the white one for Taeyeon.

"It's pretty." Taeyeon said as she scrutinized the stone.

"Yeah, I wonder where he got this." Baekhyun added, turning to look at her, Baekhyun chuckled when he saw Taeyeon looking at the pebble stone like it was some kind of her dream gift. 

"You really like it?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. "Can we.. exchange the stones?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun raised his brows. "It's alright--" 
"Why is Kim Taeyeon so shy?" It was not Baekhyun's turn to tease, glaring at him, Taeyeon grabbed the stone in his hand and replaced it with the stone in her hands. "You have to hide that though." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun chuckled knowing what Taeyeon meant. 

His parents cannot see that, or else they will start questioning him who Taeyeon is.

"Hang in there, alright? It's just a couple of months away. We'll be free soon enough." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head. A sincere smile decorating her face.

“I know.” She answered before turning to look at the stone and caressing Baekhyun's name that was engraved on the stone.

“Two months to forever.” 

 


True to their waiting, a month had passed uneventful. The school had began to prepare for the graduation of the seniors while the interns, which was Taeyeon's group, began to get busy with helping the school faculty.

Baekhyun on the other hand began to get busy with his family too. His mother had began to get sick a few times, not because of him but because of Junsu who hadn't called them for months, they grew worried about the older one yet he cannot tell his parents how Junsu called him a few times, because he knows it will worry them even more. Adding to that, is the fact that the last time his brother called him was more than a month ago. 

He kept thinking about his brother, thinking if he's still doing well or not.

His relationship with Taeyeon on the other hand is still stable and surprisingly, they never argued that much. He cannot even remember if they had really fought, he thought it was perfect until Taeyeon became busier as each day passes.

"Are you busy today?" Baekhyun asked as he fastened his pace to catch up with Taeyeon who busily jolting things down on the pad in her hands while walking down the corridor. "Let's talk later, I'm busy." She said as she quickened her pace not even bothering to give him a glance. Shaking his head, Baekhyun ran to catch up with her. 

"How about a date later?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon immediately stopped walking. She faced him with a frown on her face making the smile on the Baekhyun's face drop.

"Look, I know we're both busy and I know you're trying to find a way to squeeze in some time for us but I can't. Not right now. My colleagues are still lazing around, how am I supposed to do that too? Just, look forward to the end of the school year alright? By that time, we'll be free. Just like you said." She said, but Baekhyun frowned even more.

It's not that he doesn't like what Taeyeon had said but the tone of Taeyeon's voice showed no assurance. It felt dull, like she's not looking forward to it anymore.
Heaving out a sigh, Baekhyun watched as Taeyeon walked away.

 


"Come on, give noona some space. She needs some good points too, or else her internship would be a waste." Kai said as soon as he heard Baekhyun's rants about his girlfriend. "It's not that, I understand her. I was just asking--" 

"Spare her some space." Kai said, a deep frown visible on his face. "Noona already feels pressured about the internship requirements, cut some slack on her, will you? She probably feels bad rejecting you for the past few days." Kai said and just on time, Baekhyun phone lit up displaying Taeyeon's name flashing on the screen. Heaving out a  sigh, Baekhyun decided to read what she sent to him.

I'm sorry for ignoring you like that, there's just a lot that's going on my mind. Pick me up later? Let's have dinner. Love you. 
-Taeyeon. 

That made Baekhyun grin. 

"Now you're smiling like a fool again." Kai teased earning a punch on his shoulder from Baekhyun. "Shut up." He said as he typed a reply to Taeyeon. Shaking his head, Kai watched as the smile on his friend's face never faltered. 

“So, what did Taeyeon noona say?” Kai asked trying to take a peek at his friend's phone. “She said she's sorry for ignoring me and to pick her up later so we can have dinner.” He said, his frown earlier now replaced with a grin and Kai shook his head before giving him a teasing grin.

“You're so whipped, Byun Baekhyun. So whipped."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I felt like this is the worst chapter of all *cries*

But thanks for reading everyone, and thank you for bearing with me.*cries again*