The moonlight jumper

Lovely Case
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the long break all the students from Seongsan High School gathered in the spacious cafeteria. Even the one who didnt ate lunch at school came here, just to sit and chatter with they friends. Hyosung and her best buddies- Hana and Zelo were the best example of such students. They were sitting by one of the numerous table on the far left. Hana, the brown haired girl, who was also known for her taekwondo skills, chewed unwillingly on her salad, she brought from home. „I cant believe this.“- she murmured.-“Saying I should loose weight“. She talked about her trainer who asked her to loose some kilos before the next Taekwondo competition, so she could be classified to the light weight group.

 

The tall boy, who was sitting next to her, slurbed into his ramyeon, he bought, with a big smile on his face. As he finished it, he pulled a sandwich from his pocket and ate it in three bites. „How much are you going to eat?“- Hyosung, the pretty plond haired girl, looked at him in disbelief.

 

„Im growing!“- he answered.- „Puberty hit me hard in highschool“. Hyosung just shook her head and Hana made a comment about how being 187 cm was tall enough. The group continued to sit in silent as suddenly the students around them started to chatter excited. The three friends turned around to look at the source of the confusion.

 

It was the most popular boy in the school, who entered the cafeteria like he owned the damn place and walked to his friends table with his head held high and a snarky smile along his thin lips.“Oh look who came“- Zelo rolled his eyes. „The prince“. Hana hit him, offened by his sarcastic tone. „Yah better watch yourself!“- she glared angrily at the boy.- „He is going to be my boyfriend soon“. Hyosung and Zelo burst into laugher. „Why are you finding it funny?“- she looked at her two friends suprised.- „Hyosung ah, wouldnt you like to have him as a boyfriend?“

 

„Well...“- the girl thought for a while.-“He seems too perfect for me to have interest in him“. Hana widened her eyes at the ridiculous comment and Zelo high fived her. „Good answer!“ he smiled. „Aish I cant believe in you guys!“- Hana gassped.- „Just look at him!“. They all turned around to once again eye the boy. Nam Taehyun was sitting with his friends and laughed showing his perfect, white teeth. The sun beam caused that his blond hair looked almost golden. „Im going to get blind“- Zelo commented making Hyosung burst into laugher again.

 

„His looks are perfect.“- Hana took her phone out of her pocket.-“And furthermore, he is really clever“. She showed her friends an articel on the internet. „Young genius?“- Hyosung read the title.- „High school detective Nam Taehyun once again helped out the police and solved a murder case“.

 

„See?“- Hana smiled satisfied.-“They wrote about him once again in the newspapers!“. She leaned on the seat satisfied. „ He trully is inteligent.“- Hyosung pushed some blond strands from her face.- „But that doesnt matter anyway.“- she shrugged her shoulder.- „He dont even know we exist. There is no place for us in his entertaining world“.

 

...

 

Hyosung was siting in her room and studied for the upcoming math test. Well, at least she tried. In the room next to her she heard her sister fighting with her older brother. Also in the living room her mom tried to calm down the two five years old twins. The girl put on her headphones and turned the music on to the maximum volum. „This wont do“.- she sighed as she still could hear the twins crying. The girl could feel the vein on her forehead pounding feverishly as her family continued on being loud.

 

She looked out through the window. It was already dark outside. Hyosung stood up with her jacket in one hand and her math book in the other. „Mom Im going out!“- she shouted bevore leaving the house.

 

As soon as she stepped outside, she felt extremally reliefed, cause she wasnt able to hear the chaos in her house anymore. Her plan was to go to the library and study some more till late at night. She made her way through the qiuet alleys and avoided the main street, as she didnt wanted to hear the car noises.

 

Suddenly someone catched her eyes. She saw Nam Taehyun qiuckly walking through the side walk. Actually it was the first time when Hyosung saw him somewhere else then in school. From his sneakers to his hoodie, he was completely dressed in black making his endless legs look sleek. But it was somehow addictive, looking at him.

 

Without realizing her legs moved automaticly in the same direction he was going. „What are you doing?“- she asked herself, but couldnt stop following him. A part of her wanted to be, even if for a second, in his world. And she also had an odd sense of desire to know more about him.

 

Suddenly she saw as he entered the back door of the new gym, which would open tommorow. Hyosung stood for some seconds alone in the street wondering what to do. Finally she also approached the back door. „Can I even enter?“- she thought.- „And what is even Nam Taehyun doing here, when the gym will be for use not untill tommorow?“. Hundred of thought rushed through her head. She couldnt decide if she wanted to open the door and take some risk or play it safe and go home.

 

„Hyosung, you are going to do this“- once again she began her self talk time.-“ You are going to do something interesting at least once in your life“: The girl pulled on the knob and finally the doors opened silently. She stepped inside and found herself in a long, dark corridor.

 

„Why where you following me?“. Hyosung shrieked. Nam Taehyun was leaning against the wall, obviously waiting for her to come in. His presence caught her by suprise. „You gave me the creeps!“- the blonde haired girl sighed, as her heart started to beat like crazy. „Im asking again“- he had a a serious look on his face and looked straight into her eyes, which made her feel extremaly uncomfortable. He had this thing about him, that made Hyosung feel strange.- „Why were you following me?“

 

Hyosung realized how much in trouble she was right now. She stalked a boy, which she didnt even knew, to a closed gym. „I... dont know.“- she shrugged her shoulders and nervously fixed a strand of her hair.- „I was just curious“. Her voice broke down and she barely whispered.

 

„Do you know me?“- he raised his eyebrows and Hyosung felt suddenly so dumb. „He must think that Im a weird stalker“.- she cried out loud in her thoughts. „No..“- she answered quietly.- „Well yes.“- she changed her mind and the boy looked at her confused.- „ I mean, we go to the same school.“- she explained.

 

Nam Taehyun opened his mouth to say something, but they suddenly heard someone steps in the dark corridor which got louder every second. „Oh my god, are we now in trouble?“- Hyosung thought as she was sure that entering here wasnt alowed. „Who is this?“- a man in a police uniform appeared in front of them and the blonde haired girl thought she would faint on the spot, when she saw his harsh gaze. But then his eyes got immediately soft after he shifted them to Taehyun.- „Oh, its you!“- he smiled, but then once again drew his eyes to the female figure with an asking expression. „She is with me.“- Taehyun said casually.

 

„Okay then.“- the policeman said and then turned around to trudge down the corridor. Nam Taehyun grabbed Hyosung hand and they started to follow him in silent. The girl couldnt believe what happened right now. She kept stealing glances at Taehyun, who was still holding her hand tightly. The warmth of his skin was the only thing she could think about. „The inspector is wai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter