CH 02

Reunited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

02

 

 

Siwon didn´t do much for the next few days. His ribs were killing him, and he wanted to give Kyuhyun a little space. Siwon believed that Kyuhyun would really be okay with his ual orientation, otherwise he wouldn´t be staying here. He also knew it was a shock to his friend, so he thought it would be better to go slow.

But after three days, he was getting a little bit crazy keeping himself in his room. He needed to get out. Even he knew that he couldn´t do much until his ribs were healed a bit more, at least he could work in his car.

Siwon put some clothes on before heading outside. Kyuhyun wasn´t home, so Siwon had the place for himself, which was good.

Busy with what he was doing in his car, he hadn´t realized that Kyuhyun had arrived home, until he spoke from beside him.

“Finally you are up, huh? – Kyuhyun teased.

“Mmm…don´t you have anyone to crush with your truck today?” - Siwon teased back and stood up.

“Damn! I still can´t believe I hit you”

Siwon shook his head.

“What´s done is done. Just don’t ask me to get in a vehicle with you behind the wheel again. I´m not sure I can trust you”

Kyuhyun leaned against his truck and watched his friend.

“What?” – Siwon asked.

This seemed to pull Kyuhyun out of his trance.

“Nothing…do you need some help?” – Kyuhyun finally said.

It was on the tip of Siwon´s tongue to say no but he didn´t want to look like an , so he nodded. They worked on the car for about an hour without talking much. It surprised him, because Kyuhyun wasn´t usually the type to keep quiet for long. He was always in the middle of something, drawing attention to himself. He always tried to make people laugh.

Every time he glanced at Kyuhyun, he averted his eyes away. It was uncomfortable…so Siwon stood and crossed his arms.

“Ask” – Siwon blurted out.

“What?”

“It´s obvious you have a question, ask it so we can get over this”

Kyuhyun sighed.

“I feel like an idiot for even wondering, but…how? I mean…when we were younger, you weren´t…”

“I was – Siwon replied, before walking away. Kyuhyun followed him and they sat in chairs on Kyuhyun´s porch – I was thirteen years old. I didn´t know exactly what I wanted or who I was. It´s not like people just made that a choice back then, but I can tell you, it wasn´t the same for me it was for you when we were spying girls or watching ”

Kyuhyun nodded.

“It makes sense…so…when?” – Kyuhyun insisted.

“Why do you ask?”

“Because I´m curious. You are my friend. Nothing more, nothing less” – Kyuhyun answered.

Kyuhyun´s eyes didn´t leave him. They seemed to be taking Siwon in, studying him in a way Siwon didn´t understand.

“I guess I was fifteen. I always knew I felt different, but that´s when I started to realize exactly how. The internet helped. There´s lots of good out there”

Both laughed, and Siwon was glad to see his old friend could still laugh with him.

“Where did you go?” – Kyuhyun needed to ask. After all his friend had disappeared all of a sudden from his life.

“I went to Pusan…and it happened the same. One day things were okay, the next they weren´t and we were leaving”

Kyuhyun sighed.

“I tried to write a few letters – Siwon added – my parents sent them for me, but I never heard back. I´m sure you were busy”

Kyuhyun widened his eyes in awe.

“I didn´t get them”

Siwon believed him, no doubt Kyuhyun´s uncle didn´t give them to him.

For a moment Siwon stared at his friend and remembered their old times together. Kyuhyun had been the best friend he could have. He had missed him so much…

“Hey! You! – Kyuhyun kicked at Siwon´s chair – you are spacing off!”

“Sorry…I was. Thanks for kicking me, evil boy!” – Siwon said with a smile on his face.

“Do you want a beer?” – Kyuhyun offered.

Siwon laughed.

“No…I mean not here”

“Eh?”

“I mean I want a beer but not here. I´m driving crazy here. I need to go out of the house tonight” – Siwon explained with honesty.

“That´s what I´m talking about! We can go to a bar and have some beers there” – Kyuhyun suggested excited.

After a good shower and have dinner at home made by Kyuhyun, both changed new clothes ready for going to the bar finally.

Siwon came out wearing a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt. Kyuhyun hated admitting to himself that he noticed how the shirt stretched across his chest. His friend Siwon had a better muscular body than him.

Siwon could notice the stare from his friend and smiled softly. He walked toward the door and opened it. Kyuhyun followed him out. When they got in Kyuhyun´s truck, both talked a little more about how good it has been to meet again after thirteen years. They had to celebrate it finally.

oOo

“Sapphire Blue” – Kyuhyun blurted out on their way.

Siwon laughed.

“Why am I not surprised? You liked that bar since we were kids. You used to say that one day when we were older we would definitely visit that place and meet beautiful girls” – Siwon said and Kyuhyun nodded, smiling at him.

Once inside the bar and drinking their beers, Kyuhyun spoke.

“I always thought you would become a good basketball player. You were very talented before, and tall, always taller than me”

“I played when I left. I was good but we never stayed in one place for so long. No big deal”

Kyuhyun didn´t ask anymore. The whole time, Siwon felt Kyuhyun´s eyes on him. He wanted to say it was because of the conversation, and it probably was, but it felt like he had been doing it all evening. When Siwon looked at him, Kyuhyun always turned away. He wasn´t sure how that made him feel, considering Kyuhyun seemed on and off with his comfort about him being gay. However, discomfort wasn´t what he could call the look in Kyuhyun´s eyes. Curiosity? Interest?...even if not ual. Or could it be?

A group of a few men and women approached them all of a sudden.

Perfect. They definitely needed to be joined by some other people since Siwon was getting a little bit uncomfortable with his friend´s gaze.

“Kyuhyun, how have you been? – one of the guys asked.

Siwon watched, as Kyuhyun said hello and shook hands with the guys in the group.

“Changmin, Minho, Sooyoung, and Sunny” – Kyuhyun said introducing his friends to Siwon.

He gave a flirting smile to Sunny.

Then Kyuhyun wrapped an arm around Siwon´s shoulders and shook him gently.

“Guys, this is my old friend Choi Siwon”

Siwon winced and tried not to curse when the pain shot through his ribs.

“Oh! I´m sorry” – Kyuhyun told him, still surrounding Siwon.

Siwon shook his head.

“Hey…nice to meet you guys”

“Nice to meet you too” – Minho said.

Siwon pressed a hand to one of his sides. The pain was minimal now, but it still hurt when Kyuhyun shook him.

“What happened?” – Changmin asked.

When Siwon was going to answer, he noticed Kyuhyun´s arm was still on his shoulders. It only took him a second to realize he liked the weight of it there.

“Some hit me with his truck” – Siwon teased.

Everybody turned to Kyuhyun.

“And it automatically had to be me, or what?” – Kyuhyun complained in a teasing way.

They all laughed, and then Sunny nodded toward a table in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter