Part 2

A Million Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Million Pieces

You Kept Me Waiting:

 

I had known the entire time, which was why I was so persistent. In a single moment everything changed. I couldn't hide that I felt more for her now but I knew feeling that way would only hurt me in the end.

I watched her throw her arms up into the air and cheer while we were on the ferry, the wind blowing past her face and through her hair, the sunset being enough to make her eyes sparkle and her skin glow. I had to take a moment or two just to admire the sight. She looked so happy. I had succeeded.

"What are you doing?" I asked jokingly, acting like I wasn't staring.

"I'm feeling free!" She laughed, closing her eyes at the feeling of the wind on her face.

I wished that was something I could feel. I had felt trapped for so long, going through the same cycle day after day as if I were in a rut. Strangely enough, she changed that for me. With her, I was free again. I was free to go wherever I pleased instead of just wandering the same road, literally. I was finally able to talk and share my heart with someone. I was feeling free now too.

I simply chuckled and threw my arms up to so we were cheering like dorks together. It was strange how alive I felt again while I was with her. I guess she wasn't the only one who needed this day.

"What's your name anyway?" I asked her.

"I'll tell you tomorrow." She smirked.

"So does that mean we'll meet again tomorrow?" I sure hoped we would.

She nodded and smiled cutely, "You better look for me carefully."

I nodded in return. Even though I really did hope and want to see her again tomorrow, I wondered if we really would. I could feel her time ticking and ticking away. She seemed to be okay though. I convinced myself I didn't have to worry yet.

Parting ways had to be the hardest thing I've ever had to do even though I knew I would see her the next day. A part of me didn't want to leave her for countless reasons but I knew I had too. It wasn't like I could just follow her up to her hotel room. Well, I mean I could but it doesn't mean I would just do that.

I was sitting alone again, the nice cooling breeze of the night weather soothing me. I looked at the map she had dropped. I decided I would give it back to her tomorrow. I wouldn't need it anymore after this. I thought about the day all over again, taking in all the wonderful memories I helped her make with her remaining time. I wondered if it would've all happened the same if she had known everything about me from the beginning.

What if she asked more questions about me? What if she looked at my ID card only too see it's dated two years earlier and I never got to renew it? What if I were to show her what was really in the pictures we took together? Or rather, what wasn't really in them.. Me..

She was the first person I had talked to in so long. She was the first person to give me a first look in what felt like an eternity. To

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter