~1~

Hidden In The Dark {REWRITING||HIATUS}

            It was love at first sight.

            No, it wasn’t like one of those manhwa slow-mo flashy encounters where you trip and then some man of your dreams catches you and asks if you’re ok. My encounter with the love of my life was nothing like that.

            First, my crush was a girl and second, our little meeting was our parents meeting for collaboration for their companies and soon introduced us to each other because every drama has that kind of character introduction. It wasn’t flashy or slow-mo, it went a little like…  damn… she’s cute... I know right… great start to a beautiful love story.

 

 

            “Naeun! Get up!! You’re going to be late for school!!!”

Naeun rolled to her side, ignoring her maid’s voice. She hated mornings, plus, last night she had stayed up longer than usual because a drama she was watching had their season finale, so that equaled even more fatigue.

“NAEUN!!!” her maid ripped the blankets off of her. How the old hag got up here so quick was beyond Naeun’s knowledge. Naeun jolted up in surprise. She wasn’t expecting the rush of cold air to envelop her body this quickly. Though she wasn’t surprised by the fact that her maid was already nagging at her.

“Hurry up and get ready, you can’t be late!” Her maid said one last time before she turned around and exited the room, in the same manner, she probably had when she entered.

“Ok, Ok…” Naeun grumbled in response as she rubbed her eyes. She walked over to her window and opened her large elegant blinds. It was so nice and bright that for some reason she felt as if she were to speak it would turn into some sort of sentimental poetry. She hated thinking about what nonsense she would spew so she yelled instead. She tried to tell loud enough for one certain person to hear her.

I love you... how badly she wanted to scream that. She wanted to belt out her feelings and scream something along the lines of “Hey! I’m incredibly gay!” Instead, she let out one long yell.

 “NAEUN!!!” her maid yelled once again, “STOP SCREAMING!!! JEEZ DO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS EVERY MORNING!!!”

Yes, Naeun had to, every single morning.

How else would I annoy you? She thought sarcastically as she rolled her eyes. She walked into the bathroom; her hair was tangled up in a hazel mess. As she continued to stare into her deep, dark eyes she could only think of one thing; I should take a picture of this… #Asian Afro.

After getting ready Naeun walked down her long spiral stairs. Sometimes she hated how big her house was, as it was too much walking. She entered her large family kitchen and she noticed that her mom had prepared breakfast.

“I have to go to work,” her mom said as she put her shoes on, “So lock the door when you leave, ok?”

 “Yeah, yeah,” Naeun nodded as she stuffed fresh white rice into . Her mother walked over to her and kissed her head, “I don’t want to hear that tone of voice,” her mother smiled, “Have a good day at school.” And with that, her mother walked out of the house. Naeun smiled, her mom was the best, not too strict, and fun. Her father on the other hand… was not so great.

He was very strict and only thought about work. If he ever did think about the family… Naeun laughed internally at the thought. Ever since his company and the Oh family’s company partnered up, his attitude only soured even more. The Oh family has a daughter named Oh Hayoung. Naeun and Hayoung are the same age, so they got along easily.

He hates how close she is with Hayoung… he would always watch them. One time he talked bad about LGBT saying that it’s the will of the devil and that it’s a good thing that the world hasn’t accepted them. Also whenever he would talk about gays or anything of the sort he would always glare Naeun and Hayoung down, his eyes always indicating that if they ever become lesbian then they deserve that they should be in hell. He was always saying that if girls got too close, they were bound to become gay as they would become confused. Naeun always hated him for that.

She shook her head, No time for that, I got a little princess to pick up.

 

Hayoung’s body was sprawled out on her big colorful bed, her eyes closed as she took in all the morning noises. She wasn’t tired but she just didn’t want to get up. Her clothes were lying next to her all neat and folded for her. She ran her long slender fingers through her long light brown hair. She opened her eyes and her pupils grew smaller as it adjusted to the light coming through the open window. She sighed as she finally decided to get up and get ready for the day.

She walked into the bathroom and followed her morning routine of brushing her teeth and beautifying herself. She walked out of her wide bathroom and stripped herself of her baggy pajamas and changed into her school uniform. She walked downstairs and yawned audibly. No one was home, they all left for work earlier.          Hayoung heated up some leftover soup; she felt bad about making her chefs cook all the time so every morning she would have leftovers so they could have a break. Quietly and quickly, she finished her soup, grabbed her bag and walked out of the house while she bowed to her maids. As she walked out she smiled as she saw Naeun waiting at the front gates.

“Took you long enough,” Naeun bowed cutely, “Your Highness.”

Hayoung laughed and lightly punch Naeun’s shoulder, “Your house is as big as mine, plus our parent’s company’s incomes aren’t that different so why are you acting like I’m some sort of queen?”

Naeun’s eyes glinted, “Because in my world you are.”

Hayoung slightly blushed and laughed in response, “Wow, you’re such a smooth talker.”

Naeun smiled in return and grabbed her hand, “Come on, let’s go! We’re going to be late!” She firmly held onto Hayoung’s hand as she ran down the street towards school.

 

The bell rang just as the two sat in their seats, which were right next to each other. They looked at each other and smiled as the teacher entered the room and started with some morning announcements. Naeun rested her head in her hand, same old announcements about clubs and sports, always the same thing.

The class continued with the teacher’s boring lecture, stuff that Naeun already knew. She turned her head to face Hayoung; Hayoung was deeply in the lesson although she had already learned this material before. Naeun continued to stare at her lover’s beautiful face, the way her eyebrows were scrunched together as she concentrated, her bright eyes screaming her want to learn more. Naeun couldn’t help but smile; she couldn’t stop thanking God for giving her the best girlfriend in the world.

 

The day went on, more boring classes, more dozing off. Hayoung didn’t have the next classes with her so Naeun was more bored. She loved looking at Hayoung work, watching her destroyed any negative emotion in Naeun. She acted like she was paying attention and pretended to take notes, but she was really doodling in her notebook. Over the years of boredom and drawing, she had gotten really good at it. Man, she wanted to see Hayoung again so badly. Naeun wanted to kiss her again so badly, she wanted to feel Hayoung’s soft lips against hers. She wanted to hold her… She looked down at her progress and saw that she had drawn Hayoung.

The bell rang, indicating the end of the period. Naeun had a free period next so she got up and went to Hayoung. When she entered Hayoung’s class she saw that her other friends were also there, they were talking with Hayoung.

“Hey, guys!” Naeun said with enthusiasm.

Her friends along with Hayoung turned around and all gestured her to come over.

“Why are you just waiting there? Come on over!” A girl with long brown hair with bangs that were pushed to the side called out to her.

“Well I just got here Eunji,” Naeun said as she walked over “Why are you guys here so early?”

“Well… ‘Cause why not…?” A girl with black hair said.

“Our teacher left early so we decided to just wait across the hall in the empty music room until classes were over.” another girl that had a cute face with dark hair said.

“Thanks for explaining Chorong,” Naeun looked at Bomi, “unlike that idiot over there.” Naeun teased.

“Hey! I’m not an idiot! I just… don’t like paying attention to class.” Bomi protested weakly.

Hayoung watched quietly along with Namjoo, a light brown haired girl with wavy hair.  The two looked at each other and smiled as they silently agreed on how stupid their circle of friends was.

They continued to chat, laughing occasionally.

“We should go to karaoke one day again!” Bomi suggested, “We don’t go as frequently as we used to.”

“Well, junior year just really ,” Naeun said.

“Not everyone can have as much time as you Bomi,” Eunji said. “We actually study.”

“Why are you guys so mean today,” Bomi whined.

“They are always like this.” Chorong sighed. “Did your stupidity reach your memory?”

“Chorong, not you too,” Bomi said. 

“Going back to karaoke,” Hayoung said to stop the onslaught of insults. “I’d love it, and I think it’d be a great way to distress.”

“I’d love to get my mind off physics,” Namjoo said. “He never explains anything.”

“That’s true,” Naeun agreed. “Maybe one day when we are all free.”

They all thought about it, then they all nodded.

"Guys, completely off topic, but is it just me or has Baekhyun been looking fine?” Namjoo said, “Do you think he got himself a girlfriend?”

“Wow,” Eunji laughed, “Just because he had a glow up doesn’t mean that he got in a relationship.”

“I mean, guys always look better whenever they get a girlfriend,” Namjoo laughed. “And it !”

“Guys, I actually heard a rumor,” Bomi whispered, which made everyone come together. “People say he’s gay, and he apparently has a boyfriend.”

“What? A couple months ago he made a huge fuss over Taeyeon,” Chorong said.

“Aren’t they dating?” Naeun asked.

“You’re so behind on the gossip!” Bomi said. “They seemed to have broken up a couple weeks ago!”

“So you think he has a boyfriend now?”Hayoung asked.

“Yeah, and everybody thinks its Chanyeol,” Bomi said.

“Chanyeol and Baekhyun? Together? Omg, ew!” Eunji said.

“They’re gay?” Namjoo said. “I can’t even think about it…”

“They might just be going through a phase,” Chorong said. “They can’t be gay.”

“They probably just want attention, or just desperate,” Bomi said.

“How can two boys like each other? Isn’t that just gross?” Eunji said.

Finally, the bell rang, indicating that the period was over.

“Oh, well time to go,” Namjoo said, “As much as I’d like to gossip more, I can’t wait for this day to be over!”

They all left the room, waving goodbye. Naeun looked over at Hayoung and forced a smile. Hayoung couldn’t look Naeun in the eyes.

“I’ll get going now, be sure to be good for the rest of the day,” Naeun said as she put her hand on Hayoung’s shoulder.

Hayoung let out a small laugh, “I should be the one saying that to you,” she said as she put her hand over the other girl’s—her touch was more delicate than usual. “Try to stay awake.”

Naeun presses her forehead against Hayoung’s. She made sure that no one else was watching. “Can’t make any promises.”

She turned and walked out of the room, she wanted to look back, but that would probably make Hayoung feel worse.

 

The school day finally ended, and the group of girls gathered at the front of the gate.

“Did you guys see Taecyeon?” Bomi said. “Fine as hell!”

“You and your boys,” Namjoo said.

“You can love them all you want, but you’ll never get one for yourself,” Eunji teased.

“So rude!” Bomi said. “Watch! I’ll get a handsome boyfriend and you’ll all be eating your words!”

“Yeah yeah,” Chorong said. “For some reason, all the boys you like seem to act more gay than straight.”

“Can you blame them?” Namjoo said, “One look at Bomi and they don’t want to look at women anymore,”

“RUDE!” Bomi gasped.

“Stop picking on her,” Hayoung laughed. Naeun knew that she wasn’t uncomfortable about the fact that they were making fun of a friend, but she was more uncomfortable about them talking about being gay.

“Thank you,” Bomi said.

“Hayoung was only getting tired of hearing you complain,” Naeun teased.

“Why does everyone hate me?” Bomi said.

“It’s just fun to make fun of you,” Eunji admitted.

“Your reactions are hilarious, and you don’t like to let things go,” Namjoo said.

Bomi stuck out her bottom lip. Soon, she seemed to forget about the whole thing and they continued to talk about boys and added the topic of Korean dramas.

“FINALLY!” Bomi yelled out as the school disappeared from sight, “THE WEEKEND IS HERE!”

“We should meet tomorrow night for a girl’s night out!” Chorong said, “We can go to karaoke, play at the arcade, you know, stuff like that.

Eunji cracked her knuckles, “I’ve been training,” She looked over at Namjoo, “I’ll beat you in DDR this time!”

Namjoo smiled mischievously, “Let’s see you try.”

They continued talking until they had to separate paths to go home. They all waved goodbye then disappeared from sight. When they all left except for Hayoung and Naeun, Naeun leaned in and whispered into Hayoung’s ear.

“See you tonight.”

Hayoung nodded in understanding and smiled. She leaned in timidly and kissed her girlfriend’s cheek, “See you then.”

 

Naeun lay awake on her bed, listening to every single noise. When it was completely quiet Naeun slowly rose from her bed and swung her feet off her bed. She put her foot down on her carpet floor. Her foot sank into the carpet, she felt as if she were a criminal leaving evidence at the crime scene. As she opened her door she looked around, black, that was a good sign. Since she had been up all this time her eyes had gotten used to the darkness around her.

She walked down her long staircase, making sure to not make any noise. Her footsteps were light, her ears open, and her eyes on alert. All this time she had not realized that she was holding her breath. Finally, she exited the house and when she felt like she was a safe distance away she finally let her breath out. It was like this every week so she had gotten pretty good at sneaking in and out of her house… not a very good thing to brag about.

She walked down the street, her body moving by itself. She had walked to this destination so many times that she didn’t even need to think about directions anymore.  On the way, she met Hayoung. She wore her usual thing, a thin and plain t-shirt with long sweatpants.

“What the heck are you wearing?” Naeun laughed.

“Says the girl who looks like she needs to be saved by Mario,” Hayoung retorted as she looked at her long pink nightgown.

“Touché,” Naeun said.

“Why are you wearing that?” Hayoung asked. “First, you hate pink and second, you hate dresses.”

“My grandma came over and wanted me to wear it,” Naeun said. “She always treats me like a kid.”

“Why didn’t you take it off then?” Hayoung asked.

“You see, I love my grandmother, so I felt like I had to wear this,” Naeun laughed. “Plus, don’t I look y in this outfit?”

“I’m not really a fan of princess peach,” Hayoung smiled.

“Well, I thought she was pretty y,” Naeun said.

“You’re so weird,” Hayoung shoved Naeun.

They both laughed it off and they held each other’s hands. The distance between them became smaller and smaller. They arrived at a garden. It had beautiful flowers that the two planted together; they had built this garden together. A house used to stand where this garden was placed; the house was torn down so they bought the property with the permission of their parents. They built a brick wall around the garden but there was no roof. They entered the brick garden through the screen door in front. As the moon provided them with enough light they began to care for the flowers. After they were done they would rinse the dirt off of them with a hose. They sat on a garden bench stationed at the back corner of the garden. They looked up at the sky then looked at each other.

They smiled; Naeun loved the way Hayoung smiled, Hayoung’s awkward and somewhat crooked smile. The way her eyes would curve slightly upwards, Naeun loved everything about it. Hayoung also loved Naeun’s smile, her wide smile that showed most of her top teeth. The way her eyes would seem like they were smiling as much as .  As they looked at each other they both thought the same thing.

She is the most beautiful thing in the world.

I love her.

 

“I noticed that you were quite cranky today,” Naeun said. “Were you made at what everyone was saying?”

“I guess,” Hayoung said. “I mean, its kind of annoying when your friends talk bad about something you are and you can’t even stop them.”

“Yeah, but that’s kind of expected,” Naeun said. “It’s not considered normal…”

“Why not…” Hayoung said as she looked at Naeun. “Its just love, why can’t people accept it?”

“People are es,” Naeun said.

“Language,” Hayoung warned.

“Sorry, buttholes,”

“Good,”

Naeun smiled and held onto Hayoung’s hand.

“One thing is certain,” Naeun said. “No boy can love you more than I love you,”

Hayoung laughed, “If there was a guy like that, I don’t think I’d be able to handle that,”

Naeun leaned in for a quick peck on the lips.

“Ok time to go,” Naeun said as she smiled. She looked at Hayoung and saw disappointment clearly on her face. She loved to see Hayoung pout sometimes. Hayoung grabbed Naeun’s hand.

“You ,” Hayoung said. She stood up and pulled Naeun towards her. She wrapped her arms around Naeun’s neck and kissed her on the lips with slight force. “You knew I’ve been waiting for this,”

“Sometimes I like to see you squirm,” Naeun laughed as she wrapped her arms around her girlfriend’s waist.

“You creep,” Hayoung said.

“But you love me,” Naeun said.

“Yes, now shut up and kiss me,” Hayoung said. “The more time you let pass by, the more I’ll get uncomfortable with that dress of yours.”

“So demanding,” Naeun said.

Naeun leaned in and kissed Hayoung on the lips. Hayoung was taller, but Naeun made sure she had dominance.

 

If only we can do this anytime, anywhere; everywhere, every second…


Guys I'm so sorry for always rewriting and putting this aside! I really want to finish this story, but it's hard to come up with ideas somtimes! I wanted to rewrite this cuz like it kind of stinks...

Well sorry! And hopefully I'll come back to think soon!