Good Boy?

Another Side of Him - Ken

The next day at school, you walked through the crowded halls, your eyes wondering over the familiar yet strange faces that you encountered. Seeing a few ex-friends in passing, heading towards your classroom, a group of boys stood against the glass as the girls swarmed around them. Finding your desk, you settled in your seat, pulling out your books and hanging your backpack on the back of your chair.

Annoyingly, the bell rang and echoed through the halls, students filed in and took their seats as Ken and his posse sat in the back, leaning back in their chairs balancing on the back two legs rather than all four of the chair.

Peering over your shoulder, Ken watched you when your eyes grazed over him. You heard a few gasps come from the popular girls, facing forward once again, you focused on the lesson that was being taught.

Time seemed to pass quickly, causing another bell to sound to mark the end of class. Everyone got up and moved around for five minutes while the teachers changed classrooms. Most people left the room to get drinks and just to hang out as Ken stood up once the majority of the class had left.

“How are you feeling today?” Ken leaned against the desk in front of you, his legs crossing over while his hands playing with something in his grasp.

Shrugging your shoulders, you kept your eyes on your paper as the popular girls watched with large eyes and whispering words about you exchanged with one another. Ken knelt down in front of your desk as he folded his arms over your desk, resting his head on his folded arms.

“I’m not leaving until I get an answer” His voice was soft and sweet, your hand lifted and tucked some hair behind your ear as you your lips lightly, your eyes closing for a moment.

“I’m willing to accept any punishment you give me” You told him honestly, a little louder than his voice before causing the girls to whisper more and more.

“Meet me after classes today”

The end of classes came sooner than expected, the sun already began it descent in the sky while slipping your books into your backpack and adjusting the straps onto your shoulders.

Letting everyone leave before you, you straightened the desks and headed out of the room, your hands in the pockets of your jacket.

“I thought you would never come out” A voice called, causing you to jump sideways at the unexpected voice.

“Well… I wanted to take my time” You told him shyly, seeing faces peer around each and every corner that they could to get a glimpse. “Just in case… well you know…”

“Why? Do you think I am going to hurt you?” He whispers, his hand reaching out for you but you step back out of his grasp.

“Isn’t that your specialty? Hurting people? Bringing them to their knees and having them beg you to spare their life?” Your burning stare began to light his eyes as you stood your ground, “You want to hurt me, everyone hurts me, stabs me in the back or leaves. Telling me that they are leaving or not, they run away from me, it is just a matter of time, I push everyone away. I loose everything that I work so hard for….” Your voice tappers down to a whisper, “Why even try anymore?”

With that, you turned and headed down the hallway, your gait moving from a walk to a trot to a jog down the hallway. the crowds parted for you as you headed out back. Your name echoed through the hallways but you continued to walk, pushing open the heavy door, a light spring breeze blew past you ruffling up your hair as you walked along the path to the concrete slab that hung over a drop in the land.

“______!” Someone called your name, yet you didn’t bother to look. A pounding of footsteps thundered on the concrete while they got louder, letting you know that someone was approaching.

A panting breath was heard from him as he eased his hand down onto the iron railing, you gripped the hand railing, feeling the warm metal under your palms.

“Would you like to say something?” You questioned him, your eyes looking off into the distance.

“Can you give me a chance to prove you wrong?” He let his hand drop from the railing as his body shifted towards yours.

“Why would I do that?” You probed, keeping your breathing steady as tears began to make threats that they would fall. A hand rested on your back gently, Ken’s body moved closer to yours as he slowly began moving his strong hand against your back. His touch felt different, almost like something had happened, it was warm and comforting, not harsh or damaging like he usually used them for.

“You wouldn’t like if I called you a liar, now would you?” He whispered while turning his head and observed you drop your head slowly.

“Why are you doing this? All of this?” You sighed softly, turning your head so that your eyes met his.

“I don’t know. I just feel like I can be the last hope for you” His hand stopped moving on your back and slowly moved to his side as he looked at you, a smile playing on his lips.

“Don’t get your hopes up” You smiled and nodded, turning around and heading back to school as he walked beside you.

“Does that mean that you see me as a good guy now?” He asked curiously, raising an eyebrow at you

“Dream on” You pushed his shoulder playfully, liking this side of him better than the side everyone else sees. Running off, you heard him call before he ran after you trying to catch you before you hit the doors of the school.

Maybe he could be the one to prove you wrong…