Careful Fan

Biggest Fan

Sora ducked her chin into her scarf and followed her body guard as he rifled through the large swarm of fans around her. Arms reached out to her, some wagging gifts to her, some just dying for a chance to touch her. She was too used to it by now to feel very overwhelmed, but it was obvious her manager was getting irritated by all of the commotion. They had thought they hid her arrival pretty well, but as soon as people spotted her getting on the plane, fans were already racing to the airport.

She bowed in thanks and received the card that was wagging in her face. She had bags and bags of fan mail to rifle through, unopened gifts stowed in their own room, but she still accepted what she could in hopes of not disappointing her fans. They meant the world to her. Some were more pushy than others, but she was still grateful.

As soon as the van door closed behind her, she sighed in relief and unraveled her scarf from her neck. "I feel dizzy now."

Palms slapped the van window, fans were tugging at the door handles, and even though she was used to it, with the little amount of sleep she had, it was enough to get her tired.

"Well, you better rest up," her manager replied as he turned around from the passenger's seat. "You have a back to back schedule."

Sora nodded tiredly. First, it was a radio interview and then a music bank performance. Just as she closed her eyes, she heard a familiar tune playing softly on the radio. She sat up and gestured excitedly. "Turn it up! Turn it up!"

Her manager sighed and nodded as he reached over and turned the knob. "You don't think you've listened to this song enough?"

Block B's HER was playing on the radio, just reaching Kyung's rap verse. He was her favorite. There was no voice like his, no one like him.

"There's nothing wrong with being a fan," Sora replied defensively, now much more awake.

Her manager gave her a tired look. "Yeah, but you're beyond that. You're just like those fans outside."

Sora laughed as she leaned back in her seat. "Everyone's a fan of something."


///


Sora smiled as she put on her headphones and greeted the radio MC -- Amber Liu, another fellow idol. The two were good friends so it wasn't so much pressure. It was the most she could've asked for after such a long day.

"Today we have the famous Sora," Amber said as she spoke into her microphone to the radio listeners, her eyes on the computer in front of her. "We have a really large audience today. It's really no joke!"

Sora smiled gratefully. "Hello, it's Sora. I'm thankful to be here. Hello, everyone!"

"You have come back with your newest solo album and it's already an all kill on the charts," Amber said as she looked over at Sora. She laughed slightly. "At this rate, you'll have the entire world in your fanbase!"

"I'm grateful, really," Sora replied, her eyes widening. "It was the toughest choreo yet, so I'm glad everyone received it well. I think we did a good job on it."

"Right," Amber replied as she nodded. "But you're a really good performer! You're one of a kind."

Sora laughed, waving shyly. "I guess I'm natural at it because I love it. There's nothing like being on stage. I don't know where I'd be if I weren't a singer, to be honest."

Amber laughed as she moved her mouse and scrolled down her screen. "We asked viewers to send in their comments and we have quite a lot."

Sora's face became alert. She loved interacting with fans. She bundled her hands under her chin and grinned. "I love answering their questions!"

"Okay," Amber said, laughing. "The first one comes from Yejin in Busan. She wants to know which artists you'd like to collab with."

Sora grinned. Block B came to mind first, but as a huge fan, she was shy to say that outright. She nodded in thought. "Since I sing and dance, I'd really like to work with a male rapper. It'd be a lot of fun, especially since male/ female duos have become popular lately."

Amber nodded thoughtfully. "You really match well with hip-hop concepts. Any rappers in mind?"

Sora smiled shyly. "Well, I really like unique voices. I have a few people in mind, but I don't want to put them on the spot. I'll contact them privately."

"Ey," Amber replied, giving her a playful look. "Who wouldn't want to work with you?"

Sora laughed as Amber pressed a button on her soundboard. "Here's Jieun from Mokpo. Hello, Jieun!"

"Wahhh! I'm on?!" a high-pitched girly voice shrieked from the opposite end. "Mom, I'm on!!"

Amber laughed slightly. "Calm down, Jieun! Sora says hi!"

"Hi, Jieun!" Sora echoed. "Do you have a question to ask?"

"Hello, Jieun! I want to ask what you look for in a man. I'm deciding between two boys and I'll choose whomever is closest to your ideal type. Ahhh, I love you!!!"

Sora's eyes widened as she looked at Amber, who was in equal shock. She laughed slightly before answering. "Jieun! You're too funny. I don't know if this applies, but I really like cool rappers who can also sing sweetly. As for personality, I'm always really touched with a shameless, completely genuine heart."

Without even realizing it, Sora had an image in mind. She'd probably be a huge Park Kyung fan to the grave. The only thing keeping her from confessing it was how embarrassed she was. She was no small fan. She owned their albums and everything.

"Ahhhh. The two guys I'm choosing between aren't even that cool," Jieun replied bluntly, which elicited laughs from both Amber and Sora. "Hurry and get a boyfriend, Sora-yah! As long as all of the fans get invited to your wedding, we won't mind, I promise!"

"Okay," Sora replied back with a laugh. Her fangirl mind, for some reason, was imagining Park Kyung in front of her, lifting her veil. She smiled small and patted her cheeks dreamily.


///


"Wow, she's really no joke!"

Zico looked to the monitor screen at Sora's performance, his mouth in a small gape. Her slender body was dressed in a loose black crop top and shorts with a faux fur coat on. Her long black hair was draped over one shoulder as she looked fiercely into the camera and rolled her hips to the beat.

"Wowww," Zico said as he leaned his chin onto his palm.

"You're drooling," Kyung said with a laugh as he sat down beside him and looked at the screen. Of course he was a fan. Who wasn't a fan of Sora? She was cute, she was y, she was fierce, and she was elegant. She was in a completely different league, a league of her own. Zico was much more popular than Kyung, so Kyung thought he had a chance with her. Kyung was... well he was popular, too, but not enough to be in the running.

Or so he thought.

"Wow, imagine being onstage with her," Zico replied as the song ended and he turned to look at Kyung, still dazed. "It must be another world. Really!"

"She's a goddess," Kyung agreed. "I bet she'd collab with you if you asked her."

"For my next album, I'll ask," Zico said, his eyes still glazed over. "Seriously. She's really something else."


///

 

 

Sora sat with her legs propped up on the sofa, her chin in her palm as she watched the latest music core broadcast. Just as she was about to switch the channel, she saw that Block B's HER had just been awarded top song of the week.

She grinned subconsciously and turned up the volume.

"Ah, really, without BBC's, we couldn't be on this stage," Park Kyung said, his hands wrapped around the trophy with a wide grin. He pressed two fingers to his lips and blew a kiss. "BBC's, I love you!!"

Sora smiled and clapped quietly. She knew Block B was a great group, but they didn't nearly get enough recognition. This was a huge accomplishment for them. And rightfully so. They deserved it.

She grinned and pressed the remote to her chin as Kyung smiled wide, bouncing around the stage as he hugged s. It was a privilege to see him so happy.

She hadn't uploaded anything on SNS in a long time, but since she was in a good mood, she decided to post something.

 

Sora_92: "Ooh, wow! It's amazing!" Congratulations Block B on your win! "Her" is a song I've been listening to a lot lately... Everyone, you should all listen well like I have and give them a lot of support!


///

 

Kyung noticed an influx of followers on his instagram account and noticed Sora's name mentioned in his comments.

"Sora led me here! New fan!"

"Wow, the queen likes your song, Kyungie! You must be so proud! Congrats!!! (⌒▽⌒)"

"Seems like Sora's a BBC too, huh! Kyung, are you a fan of her too??!"

Kyung scratched his head and clicked on a comment mention that led to Sora's instagram page. She had less than a dozen pictures, so the bright pink image square easily stood out among the rest.

[Sora_92: "Ooh, wow! It's amazing!" Congratulations Block B on your win! "Her" is a song I've been listening to a lot lately... Everyone, you should all listen well like I have and give them a lot of support! <3<3]

Kyung's eyebrows flicked up and his lips parted in surprise. He didn't know that Sora even listened to his music, let alone liked it. He was in pure shock.

Ooh, wow! It's amazing!

That was his line.

His line.

He contemplated liking the picture, but decided he was too shy too. It made him flustered to think about saying anything to her.

She was a huge idol -- quite possibly the biggest female idol. He stood mostly in Zico's shadow, which he was okay with as long as he had BBC's and could continue making music.

In the end he closed his phone and fell back in a daze.

His day was made.