Chapter 3: Trouble

We Are Family

Chapter 3: Trouble

The bell rung as class monitors ordered their classmates to greet & bow the teachers, school was now over.

"Hey Eunji, wanna hang out?" asked one of her friends.

"Sorry Luna, maybe next time." smiled Eunji as she headed towards the back of the room to wake up her other twin. She felt sorry that she wasn't able to things that most normal kids do because she had to put her family first.

"Bomi-yah, wake up! We need to go get Namjoo, Naeun and fetch Hayoung." said Eunji as she tapped her back.

"Right." answered Bomi as she woke up. Although she may be sloppy at times, Bomi still shared responsibilty as one of the oldest.

"Yah, wipe that saliva off. So dirty." said Eunji as the two went downstairs.

"Let's go home unnie!" smiled Namjoo as she waved towards the two while holding Naeun's hand.

"Yeah, let's hurry otherwise we'll miss the bus." said Eunji as the four left for the station. She observed each of her sisters, making sure that they're okay. But with an eagle eye, she always paid close attention to Naeun. She was the quiet one who didn't talk much but showed love to her sisters when needed.

The four sat on the bench and waited for the bus. 

"Nothing's wrong right, Naeun?" asked Eunji as she stared into her eyes.

"Mm." nodded Naeun as she gripped her other hand. Eunji however noticed this and grabbed her hand. She could immediately feel a sudden pull away and stared at her.

"Show me your hand." said Eunji sternly.

"What's wrong?" said Bomi as she turned around.

There was no response from Naeun thus Eunji forcefully pulled her hand over and rolled her sleeves up only to be welcomed by a blue-black bruise. It felt like the end of world for Naeun, as if something she had kept from everyone was exposed.

"Son Naeun." said Eunji.

"What happened? Did someone hit you?" asked Namjoo as the three gathered around her.

"Tell me who did this, I'll go teach them a lesson." said Bomi as her smile turned into a frown.

"Don't. Unnie." replied Naeun in a soft voice.

At that moment, the bus arrived.

"We will discuss this matter at home. Naeun, be ready." sighed Eunji as she folded back her sleeve and held her hand.

In the bus, Naeun and Eunji sat together in silence. Their hands tightly interwined each other as if Eunji was sending a signal of comfort. The other two at the back, fell asleep. Eunji was understanding, she tried to imagine herself in her position and thought that time was needed to sort it out. It was then, she felt something on her shoulders only to realize Naeun falling asleep too.

She could only smile lightly as she touched her hair. She couldn't grow angry for she was her sister.

~An hour later~

Back at home, Chorong was already busy cooking dinner. She returned home early thus had time to go grocery shopping. Then, there was a noise at the knob, a sign that her sisters have arrived.

"We're home unnie!" said Bomi as she went straight to her sister, peeking at what was being cooked.

"I'm hungry!" said Hayoung as she sat down on the wooden floor.

"You're back. Go set the table, I'll be done soon." smiled Chorong as the once-empty house was now filled with the presence of her sisters.

Namjoo and Naeun went to wash up first, Hayoung started doing her homework while Eunji and Bomi helped their sister. They had simple knowledge of cooking and could do simple things like cutting, peeling etc.

"Unnie, there's something later we need to discuss." said Eunji as she peeled onions at the side.

"She found a bruise on Naeun's arm." said Bomi as she chopped vegetables.

"Oh dear." sighed Chorong. It was not a normal sigh, but a long, deep one. The twins could identify when their sister was angry, sad or happy based on her sighs. This one, was certainly not a good sigh. The twins exchanged glances with each other and continued working. Their job now was done, as they believed Chorong would take care of this matter.

~30 minutes later~

"Thank you for the food!" said everyone as they began to dig in. The girls squeezed in the small room where the kitchen was merely one step away as they ate. There was no air conditioning so windows were opened. This however, allowed mosquitos and flies to enter which was rather of a disturbance. Usually, the girls are noisy but when it's eating time, it's total silence.

The twins stared at each other and then glanced at Chorong. They were wondering when she was going to go to the "topic".

"Unnie, can I go out this weekend?" asked Namjoo.

"Where are you going and who are you going with?" asked Chorong.

"Just Sungjae and his friends. We're going to the arcade."

"Make sure you'll be back by 7."

"Alright."

"Unnie, the egg rolls you made today were delicious." smiled Hayoung.

"That's right, Bomi ate it in class.....oops." blurted Eunji.

"Yah....Eunji-ya...." whispered Bomi as she hit her leg.

"I told you not to do that." sighed Chorong as she glared at Bomi.

"Sorry unnie...." said Bomi with a smile hoping that her cuteness would save her.

"Anyways, Naeun. Show me your arm." said Chorong as her head turned towards her.

Naeun politely obeyed and removed her sleeve which revealed a blue-black bruise. Eunji immeditely went to the counters and pulled out a cream for bruises.

"Some girls...bullied me." said Naeun softly as she looked away from Chorong's eyes.

"Why? Are they in their right minds to even hurt a person?!" said Bomi as her anger began to boil. Eunji then applied cream onto Naeun's arm.

"They wanted money, I told them I didn't have any. So they searched me."

"Tell me their names, let me teach them a lesson." said Bomi. Long before their parent's death, Eunji and Bomi took taekwondo classes together before stopping it.

"Don't do it. If I hear violence, you guys are gonna get it." scowled Chorong. There was silence the moment she spoke. She may be the eldest, but her power itself is terrifying to the five sisters.

"They were angry when they realized that I really didn't have any money. So they said that they're gonna call me a beggar now." said Naeun as she looked back at Chorong.

"Bomi. Eunji." 

"Yes unnie?"

"Tommorow, go with Naeun and find the girls who did this. I don't want you to solve this through violence but through words."

"Don't worry unnie, we'll avoid that." said Eunji.

"We'll protect Naeun when you can't." said Bomi.

~The next morning~

Eunji held Naeun's hand tightly as they entered the school entrance. Bomi followed behind, with her hands in her pocket. Her classmates knew that she was not her usual self as her expression turned dark. Slowly, the three walked towards Naeun's class.

"Alright. The girls who beat my girl up, get up!" shouted Eunji as she bursted into the classroom. The twins were seniors thus, they had power over them.

Immediately, two girls stood up from the back. Their faces turned black as they realized what they have done. Soon, the three brought them to the alleyway of the school and were met with a confrontation.

"You did this, didn't you?" said Eunji as she showed Naeun's hand to the girls.

"Explain now." said Bomi as she stared at the two girls.

They looked at each other and immediately bowed.

"We-We're sorry sunbaenim! We didn't meant to!" 

"Huh? Sorry? Say it more sincerely like you mean it!" shouted Eunji as she stared down.

"You tried to take money from someone's who suffering from poverty. What kind of minds do you have?" said Bomi as she hit her palm onto the wall.

"We're sorry. We're extremely sorry for causing harm to your sister. We just didn't know....our crushes really like Naeun a lot....That's why we got jealous. Everytime the boys would choose Naeun over us. We just didn't get it because she's just so quiet." The girls began to blurt out the truth.

"I'm sorry." said Naeun who finally spoke a word.

"It's just that I don't really talk a lot so...I didn't know about it. I'm sorry, I didn't meant to cause any harm to you." said Naeun as she bowed.

The two girls looked at each other as if they were the idiots. It seemed as if it was a whole misunderstanding. With that, the problem settled and Naeun began to understand her classmates a bit better.

~Later~

After that, the twins were on the way back to their class. They could only grin.

"Wow Jung Eunji, your acting was awesome!" laughed Bomi as they two exchanged high fives.

"Hahaha, you should've seen the look of their faces. They were so scared!" laughed Eunji as she imitated their expressions.

"I think you're gonna be a great actress! I thought you were really angry for once!" said Bomi.

"Really? Should I write that for as my future dream?" asked Eunji.

"Oh yeah, we still have to fill that up...." said Bomi as she was reminded of the assignment that was given to all third-year students. As it was their last high school year, it was time to consider what they truly wanted to do. But, the thing is the twins had no idea what they really wanted to do in life. All they wanted was a happy life.

"So, what do you girls like to do? You are the last two who haven't passed up their forms." asked a teacher.

~End of Chapter 3~

---------------------------------------

Sorry, I think this chapter turned a bit anime-ish lol >< I hope I can keep you in interest, thank you for reading! :)