Chapter 11: Comeback

We Are Family

Chapter 11: Comeback

News of their manager leaving was shocking. She was a like a mother to them, ever since they began to live with her. It wasn't just that, Acube had decided to give A-Pink a new dorm that was much bigger and better. The CEO told them that A-Pink needs to return soon before their popularity begins to fall. Moving into their new home, Hayoung and Naeun shared one room. The unnie-line shared the biggest room while Namjoo had one all to herself. It was different because their manager no longer stayed with them, it provided more freedom.

Absent from the music scene for 1 year, 3 months was too long. The girls were hungry to sing on stage again. Slowly, the company and the girls prepared a new mini-album. They decided to stick to their innocence concept after the failure of "HUSH".

"What kind of song shall we sing for this album?" asked Chorong.

"I feel that if we sing something about love again, it will get boring." said Bomi.

"Then, shall we produce a healing song?" said the producer.

"Oh, I like that idea!." said Hayoung.

"It's different and it can comfort our fans who missed us so much." said Namjoo.

~X~

~2nd February 2013~

Naeun was called to the company that morning. It was an offer from MBC to be part of a show called "We Got Married". The moment Naeun heard the name, she froze. She has heard stories of the amount of hate idols would get being on that show, in fact she wondered why the company decided to accept it. With a worrying heart, Naeun sighed while listening to the staff.

"The producer said that he really wanted you to be on the show no matter what." said a staff.

"I understand that with me appearing on the show, it can give more publicity for A-Pink but...." 

"This is a challenge Naeun-ah. Think of it as acting, you don't actually have to be immersed in it."

"But....I have no experience in this love stuff....let alone marriage...."

"You can do this Naeun-ah. This will give you experience to become a better idol."

~Back at the dorm~

"Oh, you're back Naeun-ah. What did the company say?" asked Chorong in worry. Usually it would be either Bomi and Eunji who was called to the company but never Naeun.

"What do I do unnie?" asked Naeun in worry as she showed her the offer letter from MBC We Got Married staff.

"Oh no." sighed Eunji.

"Omo, Naeun unnie is gonna get married." said Hayoung playfully while covering .

"Yah! It's just a show, not for real." said Eunji as she hit Hayoung.

"Fighting Naeun-ah. There must be a reason why they chose you and why the company accepted it. If you have any problems, you can always tell us alright?" said Chorong with a reassuring smile. 

~X~

~22nd May 2013~

For the first time in awhile, the girls were busy again. They were busy preparing for their mini album "Secret Garden" for the fans who missed them dearly whilst Naeun was busy filming "We Got Married" with Shinee member, Taemin. There was a lot of pressure whether A-Pink could return with more popularity and whether they could withstand the competition of new girl groups debuting left and right.

(At the recording studio)

"Alright, theres an instrumental part here where you can adlib Eunji-ya." said the producer as he played the part again for the girls to hear.

"So after Namjoo's part ijen naega dwae julge, I just adlib?" asked Eunji.

"Yeah, i believe that you will do something fantastic." smiled the producer.

"Ee~ don't be like that producer~" said Eunji, humbly rejecting his compliment as she entered the room. Headphones on, Eunji began to ad-lib a two-note vocal stretch.

"As expected of Eunji. Okay, Chorong it's your part now." said the producer, signalling Eunji to get out.

~X~

~18th June 2013~

"A-Pink to return to the kpop scene after hiatus of 1 year, 3 months!"

"Anticipating grows after hit-success with MY MY"

As usual, the press was faster than the company. The girls were almost finished with their preparations, practicing their dances one more time, controlling their diet, etc. They were also given lessons on how to react to certain questions as for sure, reporters would ask about the issues that happened last year. Finally, after a long wait, A-Pink returned with the song "No No No".

~4th July 2013~

Immediately after the M/V was released, the song went to top the charts. Promotions began as the girls were back on the stage, seeing their pinkpandas whom they missed a lot. It was a hit-success as the song became popular everywhere, their schedules were so packed that the girls barely got 3 hours of sleep. They started appearing on variety shows, performing in events, doing the things they dreamed of.

And the unthinkable happened, A-Pink won first place in major music stations like Music Bank, Music Core etc. 

Following the success of No No No, this slowly made A-Pink into one of the top girl groups we know today.

~X~

~Year 2014~

"A-Pink returns with Mr.Chu, already topping charts since release"

"A-Pink snags first win for Mr.Chu"

"A-Pink continues to win first place for Mr.Chu"

"A-Pink to film own reality show "A-Pink Showtime"

"A-Pink to debut in Japan with hit song No No No"

"A-Pink returns with LUV, different concept tops charts"

"A-Pink becames first girl group to win 17 times for LUV"

 

~X~

Present time: 2015 

Sounds of shoes squeaking the wooden floor echoed the room as music continued to play loudly. Last time, it was just five girls dancing in front of the mirror. But now, behind them were a dance crew, DQ. They were practicing for something they had dreamed of since day one, A-Pink's first concert. It was a lot to prepare, singing over 20 songs as well as preparing for their solo stages. There was only three days left and the girls were of course, nervous. They wondered whether they could fill the whole stadium with fans, they worried whether they could show their best and prayed for everything to run smoothly.

As it was winter, everyone was sick except for the two youngest Namjoo and Hayoung. They tried their best to take care of their unnies as their health was more important than the concert itself.

"Alright, let's take a five minute break." said the instructor.

"Drink some water unnie." said Hayoung as she opened a water bottle and handed it over to Naeun.

"Thanks Hayoung-ah." replied Naeun, accepting the bottle.

"How many days do we have left?" asked Bomi, who recently returned from the army to film a show called "Real Man". She was worried as due to the filming, she missed a lot of practices.

"Two more days." replied the instructor.

"Don't overwork yourself Bomi-ya, you just came back from the army." said Chorong.

"It's okay unnie, all i need is your love~" said Bomi playfully while emitting her aegyo.

"Omo. Look at this kid, shes flirting." said Chorong with a laugh while pointing to Bomi.

"Yah, I think the army was really too much on you. Go home." joked Eunji with a laugh.

"I want to go to the army." said Hayoung.

"Sure go ahead, BTS has nice songs." joked Bomi. (Army is the name of BTS fandom)

"That's not what I meant unnie~" pouted Hayoung

"The show airs in February right?" asked Namjoo to which Bomi nodded in reply.

"We will never send you to the army." said Naeun to Hayoung.

"Army is totally not your style Hayoung-ah, forget it." said Eunji jokingly.

Hayoung could only pout but she could feel the love her sisters had, they wanted to protect her thus Hayoung could only smile. Eventually, rest time was over and practice began again. For two straight days, the girls worked hard in the cold weather, fighting the cold. At last, D-Day arrived.

~X~

"Girls, let's not put all our hardwork to waste. Just have fun out there alright? Apink fighting!" said Chorong as the girls placed their hands on top with each other.

"Fighting!" shouted the girls as one by one, they went to their assigned platforms. They could already hear their fans shouting, even before the concert started. This made them even more nervous, but in a good way.

At the countdown of 3, 2 ,1. Apink's first ever concert "PINK PARADISE" opened.

 

~End of Chapter 11~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes i'm Apink trash lol :P Sadly, there's only one more chapter left T_T It was fun writing this and I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. Updating every day was a challenge but fun :) See you in the final chapter~