Bonus: After the Party

The Obvious and The Oblivious

Minah watched Leo set the laptop on his bed a little nervously. Which was stupid because she’d sat on his bed, slid under his comforter and on one memorable occasion, fallen asleep because she’d been too tired, numerous times before. And that had been before they’d realized their mutual attraction to each other… 

Which had been tonight, for the record, at Ken’s party because of a stupid mistletoe, put up way out of season. Still, it’d led to them kissing, which she’d enjoyed way more than she should’ve if she harboured only platonic feelings for him. And he’d kissed her back, so she assumed he felt the same way. 

They’d hung out at the party for another half-an-hour before leaving early, as usual, to get back to their anime date. They’d done it numerous times over the past six months, usually planning their meetups around Ken’s parties – he was a serial partier and threw one almost every other week for one reason or the other. 

So really, it made no sense to feel nervous. This was Leo, her best friend, anime-loving, ballad-singing, shy with everyone except her soulmate. 

But the jittery feeling in her stomach just wouldn’t settle. She was sitting on the edge of his couch, feet tapping against the ground in a steady rhythm, fingers digging in the covers. 

She jumped when Leo suddenly loomed over her, scaring the wits out of her. ‘Ya!’ she exclaimed, putting a hand up to her chest. ‘You scared me!’ 

Leo didn’t say anything, quietly depositing the pizza on the small coffee table. She’d already put up the drinks beside it when they’d arrived, so they were ready.

‘Let’s watch!’ she exclaimed, voice higher than usual. Ignoring it, she leaned forward and hit the spacebar. 

As the episode started, recapping the previous events, she tried to relax herself. 

If it were any other time, she might’ve insisted on sitting on the bed because it was cosier that way and he would’ve easily agreed, resting his head on her shoulder or slipping down to lie down completely as the episode progressed. It usually ended with her combing her fingers through his hair or feeding him tiny bites of pizza because he was too lazy to feed himself. 

Tonight… tonight, the connotations of her actions – of the way they’d been behaving so far – were becoming clearer every step of the way and it was… it was making her stomach roil. She supposed that’s what they meant by butterflies. 

The silence between them was filled with sounds from the laptop. She swallowed nervously, surreptitiously glancing at Leo; he was staring at the screen intensely, completely focused and obviously not bothered about the change in their relationship dynamics.

 
She nodded to herself. There was no need to be bothered by it. They’d been friends before, they were friends still. That didn’t change just because they’d kissed each other and liked it. 

Taking a bracing breath, she leaned back and consciously relaxed her shoulders, bringing her legs to wrap her arms around her knees. She focused on what was happening in the episode, regretfully realizing she’d missed the intro. Soon, she was immersed in the show, leaning forward with interest as an action sequence unfolded. 

‘What the hell!’ she exclaimed when something ridiculous happened. ‘What the hell was that?’ 

She looked around to find Leo already looking at her, a soft smile on his face. For some reason, that made her blush and she lowered her arms self-consciously. ‘Um… I mean, that’s totally not how it happened in the manga.’ 

Leo nodded, turning to face the screen once again and she took the chance to calm her suddenly racing heart. What the hell is wrong with you, Minah? 

Determinedly, she reached for the pizza and yelped when her fingers grasped Leo’s hand instead. There was a moment of awkward, ringing silence afterwards, broken when Leo suddenly snickered. 

She flushed, feeling like her head was on fire. ‘Don’t make fun of me!’ she snapped half-heartedly. ‘You scared me, I felt like I’d grabbed a crab or something!’

He kept laughing and Minah crossed her arms, pouting sulkily. Here she was, feeling all jittery and nervous while Leo snickered at her obvious nerves. This was unfair. He was the shy one; he should feel jittery. 

There was silence before he bumped his shoulder against her. She turned her face away, sulking determinedly. 

‘Don’t you wanna see what happens next?’ he asked, a teasing note in his voice, still obviously laughing at her. 

She sniffed. ‘I already know what happens. The anime’s becoming stupid…’ 

‘Uh huh…’ The tone was so disbelieving. 

She swirled around, facing him. ‘I mean it, they completely ruined the storyline with this. What’s the point of going back in time if he’s not-‘ 

She shut up abruptly at the smile on his face, feeling her cheeks flush. Dammit, what was going on? She was never this flustered and it wasn’t like this was the first time she’d kissed someone. 

‘You were saying?’ he asked, still smiling in a way that made her blush. It was… fond, almost. Leo didn’t do fond. He did y and aloof, or kitten-cute. 

She bit her lip, shaking her head. Her heart was in , nerves making her jumpy. ‘Let’s just finish the episode.’

He watched her quietly for a minute before nodding. ‘Kay.’ 

Leaning forward, he pressed the spacebar again and she relaxed into the sofa, watching the screen unseeingly. A minute later, Leo’s arm draped over her shoulder, making her tense. She wondered if she should pull away because this proximity – previously the norm – wasn’t doing her heart any favours. It felt like it would jump out of her chest and yeah, that didn’t sound pleasant.   

Before she could do anything, however, Leo tightened his stupidly long arm so that she was dragged until she snuggled up perfectly against his side, her ear against his chest, listening to his heartbeat. 

If her attention had been sketchy before, it was completely shot. She couldn’t focus on anything but the feeling of his warmth seeping into her, the weight of his arm over her shoulders, the rise and fall of his chest moving in sync with her own breaths. 

She’d be lying if she said she didn’t enjoy it. She did, so thoroughly in fact that she completely missed when the episode ended, too focused on feeling his body against hers, wondering if she could wrap her arm around him too. 

‘Minah?’ 

She didn’t reply immediately, earning a little shake from him. ‘Huh? Hm?’ 

He looked at her quietly, lips tilting into a small smirk that made heat rise on her cheeks. 

‘I-‘

He leaned down until they were a breath apart. Instinctively, her eyes closed. He chuckled, pecking her nose. ‘You’re cute.’ 

She opened her eyes, looking at him longingly. He smiled. ‘Very cute.’ 

She bit her lip, noting how his eyes zeroed in on it. ‘Leo…’

‘Mmm?’ He didn’t look away. She swallowed, watching his gaze turn predatory. 

‘The pizza-‘

‘Can wait,’ he muttered, closing the distance between them. This time, his lips landed against hers and she let out a soft sigh of contentment, feeling her nerves settle. God, had it felt this good the first time? 

Her fingers rose to rest at the base of his neck, caressing the short hairs there. He let out a soft noise of complain; she smiled into to the kiss, carding her fingers through his hair, gripping the strands tightly. 

They parted, breathing heavily as they stared at each other. His eyes were hooded, lips glistening and cheeks tinted pink. It made her feel better, to know she wasn’t the only one affected by this. 

He leaned in again, slower this time, giving her time to prepare herself but it still hit her hard, pleasure racing down her spine as their lips meshed. 

They kissed until the pizza turned cold, giggling at the rubbery texture when it was reheated. Giggling again when Leo used that as an excuse to kiss her again, and then again just because. 

It was soft and sweet and everything she’d never expected, in the best way possible. 

As Leo kissed her again, she made a mental note to thank Ken later, for putting up mistletoes out of season and throwing Christmas parties way too early. 
…………………………………………….

A/N

So, I had written down a part of this earlier, back when I was feeling really inspired... and yeah, I was looking through my stuff and decided to complete this little bonus chot. Hope you guys enjoyed this fluff. I just have a LOT of Leo feels, come fangirl with me. 

Ciao~