Chapter 2

Sunflower (Kwon Yuri B-day Special)

It's been a week since Kwon Yuri had first started schooling at Chuncheon High. And in just that one week, unwanted events occured one by one but she already saw it coming. Unfortunately, she isn't a very welcomed transfer student. Constant bullying was very normal to her that she wouldn't even bother to cry about it. There was no use, as it hurts the soul, mind and heart. Ignoring was the best way and she planned on doing that until she graduates. And hopefully she'll be able to graduate even with the unfriendly classmates here. 

Except for a girl named Jessica Jung.

That girl was definitely different from anybody else she has encountered. She still couldn't forget her first day. She wanted to sit way at the back because there was a vacant seat but all of a sudden, a quite of a short girl with long-brunette hair raised her hands and asked her to come sit next to her. Yuri was shocked as much as everybody else in the class. Then, people started muttering, words that Yuri couldn't make out. She was wondering whether or not it'd be okay sitting next to this brunette girl. But, she insisted so many times that the teacher ordered Yuri to just next  to the girl named Jung Jessica. Jessica gave Yuri a warm welcome but paused as the teacher began their lesson. She whispered during the lessons "Let's introduce ourselves after class okay?" which Yuri responded with a simple nod.

But right after class, Jessica excused herself and rushed right out. Yuri was curious but chose not to interfere. All the way till recess, Jessica did not enter the classroom and nobody seemed to care. The teacher didn't bother to ask either which was peculiar. She thought that they probably knew where Jessica went.As soon as the bell rang, class was dismissed and everybody left the classroom, heading to the cafeteria. Yuri grabbed her lunchbox and headed for the cafeteria too. 

She didn't want to cause any trouble but trouble just loved her. She recalled the horrid incident at the cafeteria. And the students who helped her out of the mess.

 

"Are you okay?" Jaejoong asked her ever so softly, his hand on her shoulder. 
 
Yuri stayed quiet, neither shook nor nod her head. Feeling that he may not get a proper response from the mysterious girl in front of him, Jaejoong called his asistant.
 
"Jessica, please help her clean up in the girls toilet." He said to his asistant, Jessica.
 
Jessica came to Yuri, gently placing her hand on Yuris' shoulder. "You okay? Come lets get you cleaned up," She said. Yuri nodded, and with that they walked out of the cafeteria, eyes were all on them.
 
"I'm sorry for leaving you in class awhile ago," She said once they reached the girls' toilet. "I had a student council meeting."
Yuri shook her head vigorously and muttered, "it's okay." Jessica smiled at her response. She took out a small towel that she brought wherever she went and opened the tap water, wetting her towel and wiped the food from her clothes. Yuri washed her hair that smelled like kimchi. She took of her glasses and washed them too. Jessica tried to look at her face as she was curious seeing the tall girl without those huge glasses but failed. She could only see the side of Yuri's face. After they were done, Jessica handed a bottle of perfume she took out from her pocket. "Here."
"What is this?"
"What does it look like? Perfume, silly. You should spray a little before you go out. That kimchi smell is pretty strong," she giggled. "My name's Jung Sooyeon. But you can just call me Jessica. Everybody does."
"Kwon Yuri."
 
And with that, their friendship started to bloom.
 
                                                                                                   ***
"Wait for me outside the student council room after school."
 
 
And now, here Yuri was, waiting outside the student council room after receiving a note that fell out from her text book. Although the person who wrote the note was anonymous, she guessed it was from Jessica. She knows no one else from the student council besides Jessica. They've been friends for a week now and Yuri couldn't be even more happier. Even though Jessica is pretty busy, but Yuri could care less. At least she had a friend. Jessica would talk  a lot and Yuri would listen. Jessica sometimes got frustrated that Yuri wasn't talking, Yuri knew that, but Yuri would need a lot of time to talk about herself. She wasn't used to having friends so she doesn't know what to talk about with Jessica actually. For years, it's just been about herself. Her parents were never around. They would come home late at night, when Yuri was already asleep. And when Yuri wakes up, they're already gone. Sometimes they didn't come home. And Yuri was left alone in that big house of hers. 
 
Jessica knew that Yuri walked home alone. She tried stalking Yuri but after a few walks,Yuri found out. Yuri told her to go home when Jessica said she'd accompany her. Yuri knew Jessica was busy so she told her to go home.The brunette was disappointed but gave up. She worried about Yuri walking alone but since Yuri insisted her not following, she didn't. Besides, her parents got mad at her for coming home late, all because she followed Yuri. Their houses were quite far anyway.
 
Yuri peeked in the student council room. She's been waiting for 20 minutes but the meeting didn't show any signs of ending. 
 
It didn't look like Jessica was in there either.
 
Yuri sighed for the umpth time. She leaned by the wall and slowly sat down on the floor. She glanced at her watch. 5:00PM. 
 
How long do I have to wait?
 
She lifted her knees and pulled it close to her body. Suddenly, she could hear the sound of chairs screeching on the floor. Then the sound of a door creeking.
 
"Why are you sitting down there?"
 
She looked up and saw him.
 
Kim Jaejoong.
 
She quickly stood up. It's been a week since she last saw Kim Jaejoong this close. She bowed to him then glanced at the back of him. Students were leaving the student council meeting room but there was no sign of Jessica.
 
"You're looking for my asistant?"
 
Yuri was surprised he knew but just nodded, her head down looking at her feet. 
 
"She's not here. She didn't attend the meeting today."
 
Ah~I knew I didn't see her in the room just now. Yuri thought.
 
She wondered why but let her curiousness be. She bowed and turn to leave but then a hand grabbed her arm. A slight tingle of shock spread in her veins. 
 
"Wait. You came because of that note right?" Jaejoong asked. Yuri turned to face him. Her head wasn't looking at the floor. But straight at him.
 
How did he know that? Yuri thought. "Jessica-ssi told me to wait here. Are you sure she's not here?" She asked nervously. Never in her life a human of the opposite gender touched her (except her father).
Jaejoong could feel her arms shaking so he let go gently. Then he smiled. Only freaking out Yuri more. She looked down again. Too scared to look at him.
 
"Actually..." Yuri looked up at him by his sudden voice, "it wasn't Jessica. It was me. I wrote that note, telling you to wait for me."
 
                                                                                                                *********
 
2 days ago...
 
"You want me to do what? Are you kidding me, Jung Sooyeon?"
 
Jessica and Jaejoong were in the student council room discussing about school matters when suddenly Jessica asked him a favour. 
 
"Don't you be using full names on me, mister." Jessica said. "C'mon Jaejoong. You'll help me, right? Friends help friends, right?" She tugged on his uniform. "Please~" She tried using her aegyo on him. It usually works but...
 
"No." Jaejoong said sternly.
 
"Wae? I thought we were friends!" She pouted.
Stop saying were just friends, idiot! Jaejoong thought.
"We ARE friends. But I'm not HER friend. You get it?"
"Why aren't you one of those people who are like "Your friend is my friend too" huh?"
Jaejoong ignored and returned to his work that was delayed because of a girl named Jessica.
 
Jessica grunted. She slammed his desk which definitely surprised him. "Listen to me."
"What?"
"Look. All you have to do is write a note saying to her that she should wait for you in front of the student council room. Then after the meeting is over you accompany her home. It's as simple as that."
"Why should I accompany her? Why can't you?"
"She won't let me. Besides, my house is far away from hers and I got scolded for coming home late the other day because I nearly followed her all the way home. I'm worried about her safety. I heard she's always coming home late too. I checked that your house is near hers so you'll be like walking home together. If you take her home in your car that'd be way better. 30 minute drive is better than over an hour of walking." Jessica explained. "Please~ for me."
 
Jaejoong sighed. It would be bad if anything happened to her.
 
"Where will you be?"
"I'll go straight home of course. You can give me details about the student council meeting after that, okay?" Jaejoong sighed for the umpth time.
"What if she doesn't wait there?"
"She will. She'll guess it would be from me so she'll definitely be there." Jessica gave him a reassuring look. "If you help, then I'll treat you to lunch. So, do we have a deal? 
 
Jaejoong's eyes brightened. A date with Jessica?
 
"A friend of yours is a friend of mine."
 
***
A/N : so what did you guys think? don't forget to comment and subscribe!
Thank you to my 10 subscribers! I love you all! I have to keep reminding myself to make this fic short but idk how it's gonna turn out.
 
12/12/2011 4:35AM (Malaysian Time)