oo3: Teaser [1] - Christmas Love in Autumn

SuJu's ELFs

September 1, 2011
116 days before Christmas
somewhere out there [presumably, the North Pole]


It’s snowing, a blanket of white covering the horizon and beyond what any mortal being could see with their eyes. It’s chilly, surprisingly not deathly cold like one would presume. The lands are quiet, eerily calm, yet beautiful, undeniably beautiful.

Of course, when has the North Pole not been a winter wonderland?

From beyond though, if one looks hard enough, they can see smoke rising from the air momentarily before disappearing as if it’s never been there. If one looks closely enough, they’d be able to see the kid-like factory operating in the middle of the snow covered fields of the North Pole.

Santa’s workshop.

Most presume it to be a myth, a mere kid’s story to amuse children all over the world. And yet, it stands there in the middle of a snowstorm where dreams continue to be processed and made. It stands throughout the ages, bringing hope and joy to people everywhere, even if just for a day.

Even if just for a day, hope will reign supreme as snowflakes fall, covering the ground in pure white.

Even if only for a day, there would be love in the hearts of all.

Seoul, South Korea

Kim Kibum stares out the window of the coffee shop, watching as the cool autumn air breeze by the Korean citizens passing by, causing them to retreat further into the warmth of their coats and scarves. He bites back a laugh, or a chuckle, whatever the expressionless young man is capable of.

The bell above the doorway of the café rings merrily and he watches a young mother and her daughter enter the shop. They chat all the way to the counter where the little girl continuously changes her decision on what kind of cake she’d like to eat for the day. It warms him to see the sight, with the little girl’s small hand wrapped protectively by her mother’s, a bright grin on her face as her mother smiles lovingly at her.

They sit beside his table, with the little girl staring up into his dark eyes before shifting to the cookies laid untouched by his table and going back to his brown orbs. He has never been a fan of sweets, preferring the bitter taste of coffee rather than the sweetness of a cookie. Besides, it’s not as if the baked good comes from his pocket, the girl at the counter seems to favour him. Thinking it would be rude if he would only stare back at the child, Kibum flashes the kid a bright smile.

Upon the sight of him beaming at her, the little girl flushes deep red and looks down, ignoring the blush on her cheeks spreading to her ears. She tries to hide her reddening face from him, but still she sneaks glances towards him. He doesn’t stop smiling, softly and gently.

Although Kim Kibum is usually horrible with children and their loudness, he finds this one oddly adorable, despite distracting him from his very precious work time [the stack of papers containing alibis and autopsy reports lay untouched from across him though]. He sees her sneak glances to not only him though, but again to the baked goods. Thinking it will only go to waste with him, he picks up the plate and catches her eye.

“Would you like these cookies?” Kibum asks gently. The little girl’s eyes widen and her face takes on multiple shades of red. The mother apologizes though; embarrassed that such a handsome young man might have been offended by her four year old daughter.

The little girl pays no heed to her mother, however, and instead nods shyly. She flashes him a small thankful smile as he stands up and places the plate in front of her. Her mother continuously apologizes on behalf of her daughter but Kibum cuts the older woman off with a gentle, mesmerizing smile.

“It’s fine,” he says and picks up his papers and laptop from his own table as the mother nods dumbly, enchanted by Kibum’s angelic smile.

Faintly, just as he is about to leave, he hears the little girl whisper to her mother.

“Mommy, I want him for Christmas.”

.oOo.

A/N: Last update for a while due to my exams being this week and I shall be quite busy during the next.
Note please, not all teasers will be like this. Just wanted to put it up in case you might not know how I write. xD The next teaser will already have the sneak peak for an applicant. But that might have to wait until next week/after my exams. Or maybe this weekend, who knows? ;)

D: No one has yet to apply for Kangin and Shindong... I actually like Shindong's story the best out of everyone else. His is actually the most thought out [and Kyuhyun's].

Keep applying everyone~ tell everyone else too-! :D /shot
<3 Gie, out.

P.S.; I need a poster but I'm too lazy to do one. LMAO ORZ Any shops in particular you guys might like?