Source of Magic

Source of Magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You observed carefully as Jimin expertly cast a spell. Jimin was well known for being the best in magic while you on the other hand was barely passing. If you didn’t keep up your efforts, you would have become a drop out.

“Are you listening? Hey y/n?” Jimin face suddenly appeared in your field of vision.

“Huh? Yeah of course! I do want to pass this test after all” you replied sheepishly.

“Like I said, y/n, when you cast magic, you need l-“

“Love.” you both finished the sentence together.

“I mean, it doesn’t mean you have to love magic or some sort. It could be love for your family, pet, celebrity crush. Come on y/n. Don’t you at least have a celebrity crush?”

“I’m trying” you replied while pouting.

Jimin stared at you while you concentrated on casting the spell. His eyes travelled to where you were biting your lip in concentration. He never mentioned this, but the only reason he could do so well in magic was because of his love for you. He knew it was one sided so he never pushed it far with you, choosing to remain as friends rather than getting broken hearted and losing his main source for magic.

“I can’t!” you whined as you stared at your failed attempt.

“Hey, what if we dated?” Jimin blurted.

“Wha-what?” you looked up at Jimin in surprise.

“What uh, I meant was, uh if we dated, may-maybe you could experience something a bit like love?” Jimin explained nervously, his tone higher at the end making it sound like a question.

“Uh…” you trailed off. The floor suddenly looked very interesting to you and you stared at it intently, feeling heat graze your cheeks.

“I mean I’m not going to force you into this. I, uh, just one date?”

You forcefully pulled your eyes up to Jimin’s. Eyebrows cocked up in question.

“Like a trial? You can say no after trying it and you think it doesn’t work.” Jimin explained, a faint blush painting his face.

“It doesn’t hurt to try.” You heard him mumbled.

“Okay….” You answered hesitantly.

“Great! So I’ll pick you up at 6.” Jimin replied with forced enthusiasm.

You fidgeted with the dress you were wearing. It was five minutes to six and your nerves were slowly getting on to you. Jimin was a great guy. He was talented and good looking. Many girls fawned over him. But Jimin was out of your league. He was the best student in the whole magic school; you were going to drop out soon if you don’t work hard enough. The fact that Jimin was your best friend and also willing to help you out so much before exams was already something unimaginable to you. To think you would be going on a date with him. You can’t help but feel like you were taking advantage of Jimin somehow.

The doorbell rang, distracting you from your thoughts. You smoothed out your dress once more in attempt to remove the nervousness you felt and opened the door.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter