Kiss it better

Sweet & Sour

A/N: Inspired by this (including the tags).

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Hyung!"

Sunggyu winced at the sound of the familiar voice. Just when he had finally found a free moment in between their busy schedules to sit down and relax…

Sunggyu's hope that his life would be more peaceful after they had decided to split up into two dorms had proven fruitless as Woohyun and the maknae line kept going back and forth between the two flats, treating Sunggyu's as if it were their own. Sungjong had even called him the other day to ask him where the TV control was–as if he would know. He lived in a completely different flat, goddammit!

"Hyung!" Sungyeol said–or rather screeched–again as he barged into Sunggyu's room, not even bothering to knock first. "Myungsoo is a bastard!"

Sunggyu closed his book with a sigh. "What did he do this time?" Myungsoo and Sungyeol were always at it, fighting over the pettiest things, squabbles that were as animated as they were completely forgotten the next day. Sunggyu just wished they'd stop coming to him for settlement, as if he were some sort of higher being in charge of setting judgement upon them. "Did you steal his socks again?"

"No," Sungyeol huffed. "Myungsoo got all mad at me because I ate his chips–I didn't know they were his, I just found them in the kitchen when I was hungry and ate them, that's all–and that's what I told him but he wouldn't stop whining about it, as if I went around eating other people's food all the time–I tried to escape to my room but he kept following me and whining so I pushed him way–and he pushed me back–and then, he scratched me!" Sungyeol held out his wrist to Sunggyu, a bright red sign on the pale skin. "Can you believe it? That bastard–"

Sunggyu was on his feet right away. "Let me see." He grabbed Sungyeol's arm, bringing it closer to his face.

"See?" Sungyeol said, pointing. "It's all irritated! What if I get an infection or something? You know Myungsoo doesn't wash properly, who knows what's under his nails–"

Sunggyu examined the scratch. It did look kind of nasty, the skin around it all red and puffy. Myungsoo could be fiercer than he looked, Sunggyu thought as he brought Sungyeol's wrist to his lips, kissing the wound softly.

Sungyeol's arm was suddenly snatched out of his grasp. Sunggyu looked up to see Sungyeol staring at him, a stunned look on his face.

"W-what are you doing?"

"What?" Sunggyu stared back at him, clueless. "You didn't want me to do that?" What did he want then?

"O-of course not!" Sungyeol yelled, flustered. Was it just Sunggyu's imagination, or was he actually blushing? "I-I was just showing it to you, I didn't expect you to k-k–"

"Hyung!" Myungsoo suddenly made his entrance, slamming the door open unannounced just like Sungyeol had done before. He ran straight up to Sunggyu, as if Sungyeol weren't even there. "Hyung, Sungyeol ate my chips–"

"I know that al–"

"–and he pulled my hair!" Myungsoo pointed at his head dramatically. "I'm pretty sure I have a bald patch now! You know we can't have that–I'm the visual, and–"

The rest of his complaints were muffled as he threw himself at Sunggyu, burying his face in his chest. Sunggyu was so used to Myungsoo clinging to him like that he just hugged him back automatically, without even thinking about it. "There, there," he patted his back awkwardly, "it's not that bad–"

But then he looked at Sungyeol again, and his confusion only increased. Sungyeol didn't look stunned anymore: he was frowning now, and the way he was looking down at the floor, pouting, Sunggyu could have sworn he looked kind of… disappointed?

But before Sunggyu could think it through, Sungyeol was shouting at him again.

"Whatever–you're always on Myungsoo's side, anyway!"

And he stormed out just like that, slamming the door shut after him. Sunggyu was left standing there, a whiny Myungsoo still wrapped tightly around him, wondering what the had just happened.