Old Geezer

Sweet & Sour

"I'm ready, I'm ready!" Sungyeol yelled as he opened the door to let Hoya in. "Just give me five minutes!"

Hoya raised his eyebrows at the scene that greeted him. Sungyeol didn't look ready at all, unless he was planning to go out in his boxers and bed hair. Not that Hoya had expected anything different.

"Thirty minutes ago," he said, giving Sungyeol his best judging face. "You were supposed to be ready thirty minutes ago."

But Sungyeol wasn't even looking at him. He was too busy putting on his jeans in the most peculiar manner Hoya had ever seen, trying to jump right into them and then rolling them up until they covered all of his kilometric legs. Hoya distantly wondered why Sungyeol couldn't do it the normal way–which, he was pretty sure, would be quicker as well–but yet again, he had long ago resigned himself to the fact that Sungyeol wasn't normal, and never would be.

"Well, you can thank hyung for that," Sungyeol said as he hopped around.

Hoya looked around the room, wondering where Sunggyu was. His eyes fell on the bed, and an ominous feeling took hold of him as he recognised a familiar human-shaped figured huddled under the covers.

"Why is the old geezer still in bed?" he asked, irritated. "Exactly how long are you two going to make us wait?"

"Don't worry," Sungyeol said, "he's not coming."

"What?"

"He says he's too tired."

Hoya's jaw dropped. "We are in freaking New York City and he's spending our only free day at the hotel, sleeping?"

Sungyeol shrugged. "That's what I said, too, but you know how he is. If only he'd told me before we–" He halted his preparations to glare at Sunggyu's sleeping form, the shoe he'd been about to wear raised in the air as if he meant to throw it at him. But then he seemed to change his mind and just put it on instead, much to Hoya's relief. "Now I'm late too, damn him. Anyway–I'm ready, let's go."

Hoya turned around eagerly, thinking they were finally going to leave and join the others, but Sungyeol made a detour on his way to the door and sat down on the bed, next to Sunggyu.

"Hyung," he shook the elder, but there was no reaction. "Hyung, we're going! Are you sure you don't want to come?"

"Just let him be and let's go," Hoya barked at him, worried that Sunggyu might wake up and change his mind and then they would have to wait for him to get ready, too.

But Sungyeol wouldn't let it go. "He's going to give me hell later if we go without saying anything," he said. "You don't know how grumpy he gets when he sleeps all day lon–aaaah!"

A hand had suddenly sprung up from under the covers and pulled Sungyeol down on the bed, on top of Sunggyu. "Hyung, what are you doing?" Sungyeol screeched as he tried to sit back up again. "I need to go–I'm already late as it is, and it's all your fault–"

But then he suddenly got quiet. Hoya peered at him, confused, and saw Sungyeol hovering over Sunggyu's cocoon of blankets, a low, indistinguishable murmur coming from it–Sunggyu, Hoya assumed.

"Are you crazy?" Sungyeol said. "I'm not staying here with you."

More murmuring, and then Sungyeol snorted.

"As if you'd miss me. You just want to , which we can very well do when I come back–"

"Are you done?" Hoya called out in despair. He had seen and heard enough for today, thank you very much.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming." Sungyeol patted Sunggyu's shape one last time before getting to his feet. "See you later, hyung."

Hoya was already halfway through the corridor when he realised Sungyeol wasn't anywhere near him. He turned around to see him standing on the threshold, his back to Hoya as he peered back into the room.

Hoya felt a stab of irritation. "What is it this time?"

Sungyeol glanced at him, then back into the room. "I just… I just need to do something–I'll be right back–"

Sungyeol rushed into the room. Hoya stalked after him, feeling very much like strangling him. "Sungyeol, I swear that if you make me wait one more second, I–"

What he saw made him freeze, his face turning red to the roots.

Later, Sungyeol wouldn't shut up about Sunggyu–complaining to everyone who would listen about how he had ended up being late because of him, calling him all kinds of names, even refusing to talk to Sunggyu when the elder called Dongwoo and asked for him. But Hoya didn't think he looked very angry right then, not with the way he was straddling Sunggyu's lap as the elder kissed him senseless, hands roaming all over Sungyeol's body, slipping under his shirt–

Hoya squeezed his eye shut and turned away, pretending he hadn't seen anything.

Damn Lee Sungyeol.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Inspired by this.