2/3

And We Couldn't Wait to Grow Up

 

“I can’t believe you made me take you here.” Yoongi started to regret this whole deal. The club they had gone to was quite an upscale club located somewhere in Seoul. Yoongi could already see his bank account balance drastically drop.

“Hyung, if you were just gonna take me to street food stall and buy me a soju, I could’ve just went with Jimin and Tae hyung.” And that got Jungkook a slap behind his head. “Ow, what was that for?!”

“For being an ungrateful brat.” He walked towards the entrance with Jungkook trailing behind him. Truth to be told, Jungkook got pretty excited when the bouncer asked for his ID and that young man held out his ID with a little too much smugly. Yoongi shook his head at the scene. What a kid. They walked through the mass of people to get to the bar and Yoongi hated this place already. Some chicks trying to rub themselves on Yoongi made him scrunched up his face in distaste and being physically small didn’t make the situation any better.

He was more than happy to see the bar. He looked back to see if Jungkook was still behind him but the said young man was nowhere to be seen. He almost started to panic thinking that some random people had taken the boy and offered him some ‘stuff’ but then he saw Jungkook swaying his hips with a girl wearing almost no clothes on. Yoongi shoved the people away and grabbed the collar of Jungkook’s t-shirt from behind, then dragged him to the bar.

“Ow, hyung, seriously, what’s wrong with you?!”

“What’s wrong with me? I took your here and about to buy you a drink despite Seokjin hyung saying otherwise. I expected you to listen to me but here you are dancing with some chick and let her you.”

“I didn’t eve–” Jungkook didn’t get to finish his words when Yoongi sighed.

“Let’s just get you a drink, okay?”

They made their way to the bar and sat on the stools and Yoongi glanced at Jungkook expectantly. “Well?”

“Huh?”

“What do you want?”

And Jungkook blinked at Yoongi. Right, he never thought about this. He was too excited about the idea of finally getting to drink that he never gave a thought about what specific alcoholic drink he actually wanted to try. “Uh, alcohol?”

Yoongi broke into a rather loud fit of laughter, eyes disappearing into crescent and a fist placed on his lips. “Of course you wanted alcohol. If you wanted a soda I could’ve just brought you to 7eleven instead.”

Jungkook blushed at his own foolishness. He eyed downcast hoping Yoongi wouldn’t see the tinge of red on his cheeks despite the dimly lit club. Soon enough the bartender made his way towards them. “What would you like to have tonight?” The bartender looked at Jungkook and Yoongi.

“Something easy to down, uhh, vodka-cranberry for him.”

Jungkook instantly snapped his head to Yoongi. He frowned at Yoongi because hyung, that sounds like a drink for kids!

“How about you then?” asked the bartender.

“Oh no, I’m fine.”

Eh, Yoongi hyung, you’re supposed to drink with me. “But hyung, yo–”

“Hey, I’m going to the washroom for a sec. You wait here and don’t take drinks from strangers.”

“I kno–” but then Yoongi narrowed his eyes at him. “I mean, yes, hyung.” He said obediently.

“Good,” and Yoongi was off to the washroom, leaving Jungkook to wait for his drink.

“Your first time drinking?” Jungkook was surprised that the bartender was talking to him. He thought the bartender already left to entertain other customers.

“Uh, yeah.” He said, barely audible over the loud music but he guessed the bartender had mastered the art of lip reading.

“Your brother is nice.” The bartender spoke louder this time but not to the point of yelling.

“Uh, no. He’s not my brother. We–we’re friends.”

The bartender nodded and resumed his task of preparing Jungkook’s drink. Jungkook swirled his stool to look at the dance floor. The DJ had changed the music to more heavy bass track that seemed to make the people on the dance floor even more excited. Jungkook nodded his head to the rhythm and fingers tapping the counter. This is great.

“Here’s your drink…” Jungkook turn to look at the bartender. He smiled at the man.

“Jungkook,” he said.

“Enjoy your first drink, Jungkook.”

“Thanks…”

“Call me Kiseop hyung.”

“Thanks, Kiseop hyung!” Jungkook cheered. Kiseop winked at him at retreated to attend his other customers. Jungkook took the glass and swirled it before sniffing the drink.

“Are you gonna drink or just sniff the drink Jungkook?” That almost startled Jungkook. He put down his glass and faced Yoongi. Yoongi had that -eating grin on his face which made Jungkook roll his eyes at the older.

“Hyung, why aren’t you drinking? I should be drinking with you, not drinking alone.” Jungkook complained and his voice turned whiny with the last sentence.

“I have to be able to look after you.” Yoongi shrugged.

“You can handle your liquor better than me. It’s not like you’re driving anyway.”

“Yeah, but one of us should be sober enough to tell the taxi driver our address.”

“Does that mean I can get drunk?” He grinned cheekily.

“You wish,” Jungkook laugh heartedly at that. He took a sip of his drink. It went smoothly down his throat. He wondered if there’s really alcohol in it because it tasted rather sweet. Few minutes too soon, he already downed the whole drink and Yoongi still refused to have any drink, even a sip.

“Aww, come on hyung,” he pleaded “Just one drink. It’s not like you’re gonna pass out from it or anything.”

“No.”

“Then I wanna go dance.” He stood up and made his way to the dance floor despite Yoongi’s protest. He only had a shot but he was already tipsy. I guess I’m a lightweight. His body moved along with the rhythm. Strangely, the thought of having to cramp up in a small place with a bunch of unknown people didn’t sound that bad to him. He closed his eyes to feel the moment and let the music control his body. It was exhilarating and beads of sweat starting to form on his forehead.

Yoongi eyed Jungkook’s every movement like a hawk, alert to anyone who dares to lay a finger to his dongsaeng. It wasn’t hard to keep his eyes on Jungkook since the young man stood up amongst the crowd. His bangs swiped up to reveal his forehead. He had a red, short sleeve see-through over his red sleeveless t-shirt. Damn, this boy and his obsession with red. Nevertheless, the red colour complemented his fair skin beautifully. Yoongi’s eyes trailed down to Jungkook’s toned arms. What’s the point of wearing that short sleeve see-through when he had a t-shirt underneath? After a he thought of it for a moment, he scoffed. What a tease. The tight ripped black jeans had Yoongi staring at the younger’s thighs a little too long.

Yoongi turned away and released a breath he was holding. He shook his head, an attempt to clear his somehow clouded mind. He did not just check out Jungkook. He definitely did not. Perhaps, I need a drink. He ordered something light from the bartender.

“Finally, giving in, huh?” The bartender said with a gentle smile accompanying his words.

“Hah, yeah, I guess so.” Yoongi said absent-mindedly, eyes watching the bartender worked his magic. Soon enough, the bartender placed a drink in front of him.

“Thanks…” his eyes wandered over the bartender’s uniform to look for his nametag but it wasn’t there.

“Kiseop.”

“Ah, thanks Kiseop-ssi”

After a few sips of the alcohol he felt calmer. He turned his stool towards the dance floor to look for Jungkook but the younger was already on his way to Yoongi. He had a big grin on his face and looked a little flushed. He was clearly enjoying himself.

“Hyu– Oh, you got yourself a drink. Great!” Jungkook said all too cheerfully. “I’m thirsty anyway.” He didn’t even get to take the glass before Yoongi slapped his hands away. He rubbed his hand that Yoongi slapped and pouted at Yoongi.

“The only thing you’ll be drinking is soda now.”

“But hyung, I don’t want soda.” He whined. Yoongi was pretty sure Jungkook was starting to get drunk. “At least, let me drink the cranberry thingy.” Yoongi closed his eyes and cursed himself for having a soft spot for the maknae. Sighing, he ordered another vodka-cranberry. It amused him how Jungkook eyes literally glimmered when he got the drink.

“Hyung, can I have a sip of your drink?”

“Where’s your dr–” Yoongi’s eyes widen at the empty glass. “The hell? Jungkook, you aren’t supposed to drink it in one gulp.” Jungkook just stared at Yoongi before shrugging.

“Told ya I’m thirsty,” the younger then eyed Yoongi’s drink. “So, can I?”

“I don’t think so, Jungkook.”

“Please,” Yoongi was about to protest but then Jungkook reached his hands out and placed them on Yoongi’s thighs. The younger inched his body closer, way too close, to Yoongi. Yoongi was caught off guard by the sudden action and he froze immediately. Those wide eyes stared at him. He could get lost in them. Yoongi gulped nervously.

“Please, hyung? It’s not much, just a few sips. I promise.” He wasn’t sure whether it was the alcohol in his system or he had really gone insane but Jungkook sounded so… seductive. Yoongi couldn’t form a reply because it seemed like his brain wasn’t cooperating anymore. So, he simply nodded. In the blink of an eye, Jungkook moved away and took three gulps of his drink. He scrunched up his face at the taste before disappearing into the dance floor again. What the hell just happened?

Yoongi sighed and proceeded to keep an eye on Jungkook. The said male was obviously having the time of his life. The club was getting crowded as the time passed by. His eyes wandered to the DJ who was currently walking off the stage. Judging from the songs he played, the DJ had a decent taste. The DJ made his way to the bar. Kiseop came to the DJ with a drink all ready for him. Perhaps they were friends because they seemed pretty close.

“Hyung!” Jungkook yelled into his ear. It was too sudden and loud that it startled Yoongi. “Hyung, let’s dance!” Jungkook’s face was flushed red and he was panting but it didn’t look like it bothered him the slightest.

“Nope, that’s enough for today. We’re heading back to dorm.” Jungkook visibly pouted and then wrapped his arms around Yoongi’s neck. He then proceeded to part Yoongi’s legs and settle himself between those legs. Yoongi looked up at Jungkook since he was sitting on the stool. Jungkook just smirked at him. He played with the soft locks and ran his fingers lightly on Yoongi’s nape. Yoongi couldn’t hide the shivers that ran down his spine.

“Hyung, dance with me. Just this once.” He was using that tone again, Yoongi noticed. Again, Yoongi couldn’t get his brain to form coherent thoughts. Skin contact with Jungkook seemed to turn his world upside down. Jungkook trailed his hands down to Yoongi’s shoulders to his arms. He took a hold of Yoongi’s hands before leaning forward to whispers into the elder’s ear. “Let’s dance, hyung. For me, at least?” Yoongi bit his lips to stop any unnecessary noises came out from his mouth.

Jungkook leaned backwards and tried to take Yoongi to the dance floor but Yoongi sat still. He let go of Yoongi’s hands and went to the dance floor with only Yoongi’s eyes on him. Jungkook let the music guided his moves and tilted his head backwards. He parted his lips and closed his eyes, hips swaying to the rhythm. His hands slowly trailed down his body. Yoongi bit his lips at the teasing manner.

Yoongi turned away from the sight. He shook his head and heaved a long sigh. You don’t even have a driving license yet but you’re already driving me insane. Yoongi scoffed at his own corny thought. He took his half empty glass and downed the whole content. He let sensation burned down his throat and groaned at the feeling.

“Rough night?”

Tilting his head up towards the voice, he saw Kiseop smiling while wiping the glass. “Tell me about it,”

Kiseop laughed lightly at that. “You’re keeping an eye on him?”

“Yeah, I promised to drink with him when he’s old enough but it looks like he’s enjoying this more than he should.”

“Ah, young men these days. I remembered when Dongho had his first drink few years ago, he wouldn’t stop. The next day when he woke up with a massive hangover, he never touched alcohol for a month.”

“Dongho?”

“Ah, he’s the DJ here.” Kiseop then tilted his head to the DJ earlier. Dongho was talking with few guys cheerfully. “Maybe you should let Jungkook drink some more. The hangover should teach him a lesson.”

Yoongi looked at the bartender suspiciously. That wasn’t a good advice. Is he trying to drain my money or what? How did he know Jungkook’s name by the way? But Yoongi kept those thoughts to himself and just declined the suggestion. “Nah, he needs to be in good condition tomorrow.”

Kiseop nodded at that. “I see,” he then paused to look at the dance floor. “But it looks like your boy doesn’t think the same.” Kiseop ended with a small smirk.

Yoongi wanted to question Kiseop’s choice of words but his head was already turning to the dance floor and his eyes instantly landed on Jungkook. Jungkook and another boy. The unknown boy was leaning way too close to Jungkook. Jungkook had his arms wrapped around the boy’s neck and the boy had his hands placed on Jungkook’s hips. Jungkook whispered something into the boy’s ear before the both of them laughing. Yoongi didn’t like this one bit.

He paid for their drinks and walked over to Jungkook. He heard Kiseop saying something close to ‘thank you and come again’. Like hell I would come here again. Jungkook and the boy were completely unaware of Yoongi advancing towards them. He stood behind Jungkook and s an arm around Jungkook waist, immediately pulling Jungkook to his side. “I’m sorry but he’s with me.” Yoongi said possessively, glaring at the unknown boy. The boy looked stunned but Yoongi didn’t wait before dragging Jungkook out of the club.

“Where are we going?” He was slurring his words.

“Back.” Yoongi said as he shoved through people.

“Already? I was just getting to know Jun a little better.” He pouted at Yoongi. He looked really disappointed.

“Who’s Jun?”

“That hot guy I was talking to before you dragged me away. You’re really no fun, hyung.”

The older scoffed and rolled his eyes. They made it out the club and Yoongi hailed a taxi.


a/n: Happy birthday to my one and only true divine treasure. #HAPPYSUGADAY #슈가생일ㅊㅋ