three

Star-Crossed Lovers (Original ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        Baekhyun chuckled to himself as he leaned back against the bench, watching fondly at the sight of his twins running around playing catch. The elders twin, Seoeon, was currently 'it' and so he chased after little Seojun who couldn't help the shrieks of excitement leaving his little mouth as his hyung ran after him, the former squealing as well. Honestly, having twins caused double the problems, headache and sometimes, heartache; but they were also double his happiness, laughter, and joy. Seoeon and Seojun were his life, while his husband was his world, and together with the rest of their family, they were his universe. The happy and cheerful looks on the twins' faces washed away Baekhyun's fatigue after a whole day at work, but he was still too tired to get up and chase them when it was time to head home.

        Luckily, Baekhyun had an assistant for the day. Upon hearing his request of leaving, Eunbyeol had excused herself from her playmates and tried to gather the twins who became more hyper when she ran after them. Alas, she managed to catch them and Baekhyun felt half amused and annoyed that the boys listened to their eldest cousin better than they do to him nor their father, but he knew how much the twins adored the ten years old angel. He stood up just as Eunbyeol dragged the two protesting boys towards him.

        "But it's bath time, Seojun." Eunbyeol was saying to the younger twin when they reached the adult. Seoeon, who was the more obedient child among the two, stopped struggling and ran to Baekhyun when he opened his arms, and the father kissed his child repeatedly on his right cheek, making the four years old laugh. Seojun stared at them with a little frown but soon began to smile when Eunbyeol hugged him and promised to take a bath together with them. Seeing his reaction, the ten years old grinned and looked up at Baekhyun. "We're ready to go home now, uncle Baekkie!" she announced happily.

        "Thanks, Eunbyeol." Baekhyun beamed and began to lead the kids away from the playground. They head towards the second closest block apartment from the playground they were at with Baekhyun walking behind the three kids who were holding each other's hand.

        "Noona, are you... staying... for dinner?" Seojun asked Eunbyeol, sounding adorable with the way he spoke since he was still struggling a little with his words.

        Eunbyeol took a glance at his uncle who nodded his head before she forwarded the gesture to her little cousin. "I think my daddy is working late again tonight, Seojun. So noona will stay for dinner with you, Seoeon, your daddy and papa tonight." she told the twins whose eyes brightened at her words. They cheered happily and even exchanged a high-five which amused Baekhyun to no end.

        A distant greeting made Baekhyun lift his head to the side, and he waved at a neighbour who was walking her dog. He smiled to himself and looked around the friendly neighbourhood they've been living in for the past four years, and he internally thanked Chanyeol for surprising him with an apartment unit here when he first got pregnant with the twins. He exchanged a few more smiles, waves and short waves for passing-by neighbours; that's when Baekhyun saw an unfamiliar figure standing not far from his building, a little hidden behind some bushes although he was clearly leaning against a tree. The man was dressed in a black t-shirt, ripped skinny jeans and he even wore a cap that covered half his eyes and a mask that covered most of his face.

        The man was no doubt dressed suspiciously and even from afar, Baekhyun could see the way his eyes wandered around although there was currently no one else around aside from Baekhyun and the kids. That's when the man's head turned to the side and Baekhyun could clearly see the way he stared at the three kids who were now standing by the front glass door of their apartment complex, his body reaction showing that he seemed to be familiar with the kids. At this, Baekhyun felt fear rising in himself and he quickly ran towards his kids, standing behind them to shield them away from his eyes, and quickly ushered them into the building. When he turned his head to look over his shoulders, the man was no longer there and it made him panic more, and once the elevator arrived, Baekhyun more or less shoved the kids into the metal compartment and quickly pressed for the 13th floor.

        "What's wrong, uncle Baekkie?" Eunbyeol asked, frowning when she noticed the fear on his face. The twins, too, glanced up at him but they were too young to understand and simply looked away again.

        Baekhyun gulped. "Nothing, sweetie." he lied. "Everything's fine."

        Eunbyeol blinked, possibly not believing him but he was glad that she let it go by focusing her attention back on the twins. The elevator door o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter