one

Star-Crossed Lovers (Original ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

        Sehun was waiting.

       That was the only thing he could do at this rate. Wait. He was good at that. Waiting. He has done so for ten years now, so a few minutes more couldn't possibly hurt him. As he sat with his back leaning against the wall, he distracted himself by thinking of the workloads he had to leave on his desk in his office, inwardly about how he was going to have to stay up late in the next few nights just to get them done. But he won't regret putting aside those work. He could never regret it.

       How could he when he had left the work behind in order to spend time with his loved one?

      Said person suddenly emerged from behind the curtains, dressed beautifully in a turquoise peagent dress while he was lost in his thoughts. He stilled, shocked at the sudden beauty in front of him and got up slowly, marvelling said beauty. She smiled at him, picking up the sides of her dress in order to twirl around, showing him how beautiful the dress was. Sehun's heart began to beat so fast in his chest at the sight, and he lowered onto one knee just as she ran towards him and into his arms.

       "You look so... beautiful." he breathed out once she pulled away.

       She giggled shyly and pecked his cheek. "Thank you, daddy."

        Sehun smiled wider, happy to see his daughter looking so happy. Seeing how she was satisfied with the dress, Sehun decided that it was the one they were looking for. "Go back inside and change, Eunbyeol. We need to meet up with the others soon," he told her and Eunbyeol nodded, running back behind the curtains to change into her clothes.

        Twenty minutes later, the father and daughter were strapped in their seats as Sehun drove to a restaurant to meet the rest of their families. It was a big night for them and Sehun would not miss it for the world. As he drove, Eunbyeol went on about the exclusive birthday party her best friend would be throwing on the weekend, thus the reason why they had gone dress-hunting that afternoon. She was clearly excited for it, and Sehun shared her sentiment.

        "Sehun! Eunbyeol!" someone screamed their names in delight the moment they stepped into one of the private rooms in the restaurant. Various greetings were received as everyone in the room acknowledged their presence, and Sehun let his daughter run off to join her cousins as he head towards his friends.

        "Hey, guys." he greeted them with a smile, albeit a tired one. One of them placed a hand on his back and gave it a gentle pat.

        "You look tired, Sehun. How did the dress-hunting go?"

        "Well, Minseok. I am proud to finally report that after three consecutive days of hunting, we have successfully found the dress for Ms. Kim Eunbyeol. Three days!" he ended his 'announcement' with a shake of his head, amusing the two couples at the table.

        "In this kind of situation, I am really glad Jia is not like other girls," Mins

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter