Kyungsoo can't feel his feet.

From cold hands, warm hearts.

Kyungsoo has been staring at him the past five minutes ignoring in a new record the worried expression Jongin is making. He almost gets it back but he can’t quite remember well.

 

There’s a memory of what might be ten years in his past where he remembers the exact same sad eyes that are looking at him right now. It’s driving him nuts he can’t remember where he has seen them before.

 

He has known his stupid boyfriend for almost six years but it’s not him he is trying to remember.

 

“I’m really sorry, hyung. Really” his voice makes him get out of his thoughts, back to his reality that is a cold apartment and scolded boyfriend begging forgiveness.

 

“Are you seriously calling me hyung right now?” he rolls his eyes and sighs, he can clearly see his own breathing in white smoke.

 

He can’t feel his feet.

 

“Love?” he tries getting closer. “Sir? Daddy?”

 

“Shut up, Jongin”

 

“It usually works” Jongin mumbles to himself. Buries his nose inside his jacket and frowns, he is hiding a pout that might get him in more trouble.

 

Kyungsoo looks at him moving his legs trying to warm himself. He doesn’t really know if he should find the situation funny or yell at him for being so forgetful and not telling him he broke the heater last week. Freeze to death doesn’t sound funny so he reminds serious. It’s not his first time dealing with his oblivious boyfriend, it just that it always surprises him that he is able to remember a bunch of choreographies in least than a month and then yet forget to pay the bills or buy what he is told on his way home.

 

“I’m wearing two pair of socks” Kyungsoo states. “And I can’t feel my face”

 

“Please, don’t be mad. I said I’m sorry a tons of times already” Jongin whines.

 

“That doesn’t fix the fact that I’m freezing to death”

 

“You are overreacting”

 

“You will sleep with just that and see who he is overreacting, idiot”

 

“Why? No!” Jongin looks at him with wide eyes. “Why are you doing this to me?”

 

“You broke it and didn’t get it fixed, Jongin.” Kyungsoo barks upset. Jongin bites his lips with a shadow of sadness in his expression again. “If we die it’s your fault”

 

“Stop being mean, I know you hate being cold but I will get it fixed tomorrow. First thing in the morning, I promise”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes fix on him for a solid minute where Jongin puts his palms together still begging peace. He nods and Jongin smiles widely at his victory. Kyungsoo can’t say that he hates him a little bit because he doesn’t, he holds him dear to his heart. He accepts all his flaws the same way Jongin does it with him. A silent agreement settled for a few years by now.

 

“I’m going to take a shower and go to bed” Kyungsoo announces leading to their bedroom but it changes his mind on the last second and comes back where Jongin hugs the blanket Kyungsoo had been using, “You coming with me. You know what? You follow me everywhere, I using you as human heater”

 

“Fine with me” Jongin smirks.

 

“Don’t enjoy it too much”

 

“Yes, Daddy”

 

“And stop it already” Kyungsoo orders hitting the back of his head from what Jongin laughs amused.

 

Somehow they fit perfectly in their small shower where they fight to get under the spray of hot water. Kyungsoo enjoys showering together more than he lets it know but Jongin doesn’t need to be told that sometimes he needs to invite himself in the shower because Kyungsoo is surprisingly too shy to ask even now.

 

Jongin let Kyungsoo wash his hair while he tells him a few gossips that Sehun got from Baekhyun, Kyungsoo doesn’t care much about them but he pays attention at Jongin’s excited words. He laughs when he laughs and he asks questions to show interest, he covers Jongin’s eyes with his hand to avoid getting shampoo in them and Jongin kisses his hand then smiles grateful. Kyungsoo per usual doesn’t have much to say about his life, it’s been like that since day one and Jongin never pushes him to be more talkative. Instead he asks the right questions and Kyungsoo never let them go unanswered.

 

After drying each other’s hair and wearing pajamas, they get in bed under at least three blankets. Jongin is on his cellphone, maybe replying to comments of his friends on pictures he usually upload on internet about everything and nothing, it doesn’t make much sense to Kyungsoo even though he appears in a lot of them and sometimes read a few comments as well. He is looking at the ceiling and enjoying the fact that he is not cold anymore. He turns on his side and observes Jongin in silence, he sees him smiles at something he just saw and makes him chuckle, Jongin looks at him curious and asks what is funny, he shakes his head and gets closers to him lying he is cold to make him put his arms around him. After a while he breaks the silence they are sharing comfortably.

 

“Sorry I got mad at you. I know you’ve been busy with dance practice and rehearsals and have a lot on your mind already” he says softly.

 

Jongin hums smiling.

 

“You only saying that because you are already warm and cozy. As soon as you get cold you will yell at me again and hate me”

 

“I don’t hate you, I hate being cold” Kyungsoo corrects taking his hands but pulls away right away. “You hands are cold”

 

“Warm them for me?”

 

“Warm them yourself”

 

“Please” Jongin asks getting them close to Kyungsoo’s face playful.

 

“Don’t you dare to touch me with your cold hands”

 

“If I warm them, daddy will let me touch him?” Jongin asks raising his eyebrows way too pleased.

 

“I told you to stop it already” Kyungsoo hisses.

 

“I’ve been trying to get you in the mood, Daddy. Let have to keep us warm”

 

“You seriously won’t stop, right?” he rolls his eyes. “It was one time, let it be already, Jongin”

 

“But you liked it”

 

Kyungsoo opens and close his mouth trying to get out the situation. Nothing comes to him. Jongin press his faces against his cheek and his cold nose makes him notice how hot his face must be compared to Jongin’s.

 

“Yes, I like it” he confess giving up. “But we aren’t having until you get that heater fixed. You overheat during and will get sick if you don’t stay warm. I’m not dealing with sick you and no heater at the same time”

 

“No ?”

 

“No” he states.

 

Jongin makes that sad puppy eyes again and something clicks in his head.

 

He cracks a smile.

 

“You makes the exact same eyes that my grandma’s dog when we didn’t feed him of what we were eating” Kyungsoo chimes laughing. “Such a sad puppy you are”

 

“Was it cute?”

 

“He was”

 

“Good” Jongin mutters pleased.

 

Jongin gets closer, hiding his face on Kyungsoo’s collar bone despite his complain on his cold cheeks and he lets himself get warmed by the other’s heat. He even makes a successful move on getting his hands inside of the other’s pants to warm his cold hands. Kyungsoo threatens him on sending him to the couch but Jongin knows his boyfriend enough to know he wouldn’t dare.

 

He doesn’t pull them back.