Odd Way To Meet You

Odd Way To Meet You

So far, so good. The cloudy and misty morning, on your first day in the university, greeted you. A while ago, you finished your Art class which raised your energy because of your witty professor. But you were dreaded to walk to your next class, Biology. You somehow defy science just because the subject requires many memorizations.

You pulled the doors and you were welcomed with noise. It seems that the students knew each other and were conversing loudly. You sat at the last row, closest to the windows. You were silently jittery. You were nervous because what if you would be left out of the class because as you observed, the students knew each other well. You were nervous because what if the teacher was strict and unfriendly. You were nervous because what if your climate to the class was unpleasant. You spared your time thinking what could go wrong.

A female teacher entered the room which made the students alert.  You brought out your notepad to take note of her name and the things she requires. As you write, you heard a ballpen dropped beside you. Instinctively, you reached for it but stopped as the owner quickly picked it up. You raised your head and you met a gentleman who glanced at you for a moment and returned writing. You went upright to your desk and listened to the teacher discussing about the branches of Biology.

Again, you were jittery, not because of ‘what if’s because your seatmate was real. The way he glanced at you made your ears stop listening to the discussion, your mind replayed the moment.  Of course this wasn’t possible without his exceptional looks. You can’t keenly justify it but at that span of time, you could tell.

You tried to focus and divert your attention to the real deal, which you did until something dropped again. A highlighter was on the floor. You reached for it promptly to return it to him and also, a chance to see his face.  “Thanks” he smiled with a hint of laugh. Now, you can tell he’s good looking and neat. He has a bright and cheeky smile. You smiled back and sat up straight.

You felt an awkward atmosphere in his direction after the encounter. You were anxious yet happy. You really can’t rationalize why you’re happy but the feeling was pleasant. The enthusiasm can be felt as you take down notes throughout the time of the class. More importantly, your senses went up to the side where he is seated. Aside from looking to the front, you often check your peripheral view of him. You can’t stop saying in side that he’s good looking. He wore a blue sweater, black jeans and white rubber shoes.

At least when you were interested to the class, you heard pig noises. Oink! Oink! You noticed the quick response of the boy. He quickly went to his pocket and exposed a phone. You resisted the giggle inside you. How can he have that ringtone? He declined the call and looked at you. He saw you smiling so he embarrassingly giggled. “My younger sister” he said while pointing to his phone. You nodded but still giggling. How cute this situation could get?

The teacher wrapped his lesson and dismissed the class. It was over. You placed your things to your backpack and so was your seatmate. You didn’t really know how to greet or treat him after several encounters during class so you let your shyness win and headed to the door. “Angel!” you looked back and saw your handsome seatmate at the doors holding your notepad. He walked towards you and returned your pad.

“Thanks” you said. Wow, he was tall. “How did you know my name?” you asked.

“It’s written in the notepad.” He pointed the pad.

“Sorry for the disturbances a while ago” he said.

“Oh, the highlighter and ballpen? It’s okay.” You waved your hand in synch.

“No, the pig noises.” He silently giggled.

“Oh.” You giggled. “It’s good” you looked at him.

“I should go, I have computer class.” You said.

“At the second floor?” he asked.

“Yes.” You were surprised.

“I think we’re classmates again. I’m headed there also.” He said.

“Then, should we go?” you said.

“We should. By the way my name’s Joshua.” He brought his hand out.

“I’m…”

“Angel.” he promptly replied. You giggled ad shook his hand.

“Let’s go we’re going to be late” then the two of you headed to your class.  

  

 

Comments? :)