Well, is it?

Is it Wrong to Hit on a Guy at the Hair Salon?

Wonwoo was not happy. And he wasn't about to pretend to be either. Even though he was surrounded by pretty ladies it wasn't like he could even manage a simple phrase to attempt to converse with them. Oh no, Wonwoo was a class A recluse. He's been shut-in since his sophomore year of highschool and he wasn't trying to stop it, now that he had barely graduated high school. However, for all those years he's been anti-social, his one last friend that stuck with him, Seungcheol, had insisted on making him come outside to at least get a haircut.

It was a completely unexpected surprised visit. One received with an unwelcoming glare by the younger. The elder barged in and made him clean up his small studio apartment then trick him into leaving said apartment and to join the outside world. Wonwoo groaned folding over his legs. He really rather be at home watching his boring TV, surfing the web, or playing some video games or something. Not spending his Saturday at a salon covered in pink.

“Can I help you?” a particularly cheery girl bounced up to him and instantly Wonwoo’s face flushed because damn was she cute. Just like he had practiced (practice meaning he had played a ton of dating sim games) he opened his mouth to speak but unlike practice (clicking option a, b, or c), nothing came out. Small mumblings were the only sounds to pass his dry lips. “I'm sorry, sir can you repeat that?” she leaned in closer making Wonwoo swallow hard. He turned his head and closed his eyes tightly.

“Uh...jUS-” Wonwoo’s voice cracked under the pressure.

“Just a hair cut, he needs it,” Seungcheol cut in saving his friend from utter embarrassment. 

“Oh!” she instantly perked up, cheeks coming to life. It was painfully clear she had a thing for Seungcheol. Too bad, he's not interested, Wonwoo smirked to himself in thought. Seungcheol was into guys, and one guy in particular had already caught his eye.

Next thing Wonwoo knew, he was sitting in a salon chair being covered by a pink wrap and staring at his unkempt appearance in the mirror, he didn't like what he was seeing. Under his eyes served as a breeding ground for blackheads and bags. His skin was oily and his hair was the same greasy texture. There was no style just a head of dark messy, disheveled locks splayed haphazardly across his face. He barely strived to brush it so it was dangerously tangled. Wonwoo felt like bowing to the poor girl, apologizing, and then leaving because his hair was the pure definition of mess.

“Aww he looks like my puppy whenever I give him a bath!” the lady cooed surprising Wonwoo. It was probably just her trying to be nice but the way she said it made him feel a little better. He got called cute….or he was likened to a puppy so...close enough? “I got it!” she snapped her fingers in eureka. “Mingyu is totally good with this sort of thing even though he's just a sweeper he knows hair pretty well. I'd trust him with my own hair! Plus he's a guy so he can do your hair better!”

“A guy?” Wonwoo muttered to himself. What is a guy doing at a salon shop? he pondered. It wasn't like a guy couldn't be a hairstylist it was just awkward he worked at a place so...pink.

“Oh yeah! I forgot he works here part time!” Seungcheol exclaimed. Wonwoo didn't start to question the fact that Seungcheol knew this guy already. The older was extremely friendly and out-going too so people naturally flocked to him. The exact opposite of Wonwoo.

The girl disappeared to the back to most likely get the Mingyu fellow. Wonwoo held his breath in waiting. He wonder why he was so nervous to meet this part-timer Mingyu. He just felt something ominous and he was usually right about these things. His palms were sweaty and he gave Seungcheol a pleading look of ‘please, let's just leave.’

“Aigoo, poor baby,” Seungcheol pouted back mockingly. “You’re not getting out of this.” he patted Wonwoo’s cheek and went to sit down. He wasn't trying to be evil but his friend desperately needed this.

“.” Wonwoo his teeth. When the small cute bubbly girl returned, she brought back her exact opposite. He was tall, extremely so, and looked rugged and tan. They both wore identical smiles and seemed to have the same style. His hair was also dyed a blue/silver hue making him even more dazzling than normal. Wonwoo was captivated more than he was with the girl. There was no denying that this guy was good looking and his smile did things to Wonwoo’s heart. However, the fact that this was all happening to him made Wonwoo wish that the girl was gonna still do his hair instead. 

“Hey, I'm Mingyu,” the boy spoke. His voice was pleasing and cute. .

Wonwoo couldn't only stare hypnotically. His mouth dropped when Mingyu gave him a confused smile and leaned in closer. Wonwoo was able to get an even better look at his face and his eyes were so pretty and his lips oh god- 

“Are you okay?” Mingyu asked.

“I'm...Wonwoo..” Wonwoo dropped his head in shame letting his hair fall in front of his face to hide his embarrassing blush. However, what he didn't realize was Mingyu could still see his reddening ears and the taller was smiling at his shy introduction.

Mingyu whistled “Your voice is deep, sir.” Wonwoo his teeth. He always had a deep voice. Just saying ‘hello’, people would always comment on how deep it was but then when he would say the next sentence his voice would crack and then they'd laugh at the sudden change in octaves. He hated his voice; just another way to disappoint people. “Wow, your hair is really soft!” without Wonwoo noticing, Mingyu was behind him touching his hair. “It's really nice, there's some split ends but over all it's fluffy and voluminous and its hair!” Mingyu exclaimed excitedly.

“?!” Wonwoo sputtered with a bright face flipping around in his chair. He gave Seungcheol a glare as if to say ‘I thought you said they no one would be able to tell!’. Seungcheol only shrugged and pulled his phone out to text someone. 

“Oh! No, I didn't mean it that way, I mean you haven't dyed your hair before right?” Mingyu clarified and Wonwoo gave an affirmative before dropping his head back down in further embarrassment. He shot Seungcheol a glare because the boy was laughing so hard at his loud outburst moments before, he was snorting. 

“I'm sorry...I'm nervous...like this is my first time doing things like this,” Wonwoo admitted shyly and rubbed his forearm trying to stave off a strong blush. Mingyu caught the glossy look in his eye and his small-like features from him wearing an oversized sweater and his hands hidden by the sleeves. Mingyu scratched his cheek blushing a little bit at the sight. It made him feel like they were doing something else….indecent.

“Okay, come over here,” Mingyu changed the awkward situation by grabbing Wonwoo’s hand and directing the recluse to the sink. Wonwoo timidly sat down and leaned back. He felt the water rush and wet his hair. 

Then, Mingyu leaned over him eyes focused on the task of washing the dark boy’s hair making his pale skin grow very colorful. Wonwoo gulped hoping Mingyu didn’t look at his face and see that he was staring at him. It’s just Wonwoo could get an even better look at this handsome man than before. And good god, no one is perfect but this man may just be the closest thing to it. His eyes were so pretty, long dark lashes encasing dark brown pupils that on anyone else would look dull but the slight uplift of his cheeks made him look youthful and playful. His nose was a little too round but it fit with his cute round image and his plump lips. It made him quirky like, the jagged line of his top teeth, making them look almost canine. In the most charming way of course.

Wonwoo’s stomach flipped. He was so close and Mingyu’s hands felt so good. Wonwoo even dare to deeply inhale to take in his scent. He almost sighed at the honey smell that infiltrated his senses. 

The way his digits moved through his tangled locks effortlessly and scrubbed his scalp so expertly sent Wonwoo to Heaven. He never liked anyone touching his hair which is why he avoided salons so much right next to the fact that everyone in the salons were too dazzling and too beautiful for Wonwoo to make complete thoughts let alone coherent sentences. But when Mingyu moved his hands in to condition his hair Wonwoo had to grip the chair tightly from the contact. It was absolutely euphoric and the dark boy was embarrassed to admit this but he could just off of Mingyu’s hands alone. His mouth parted and slow pants left his mouth. His eyes squeezed shut being lulled by Mingyu’s massage. 

“A-ah…” Wonwoo let an airy moan leave his lips. As soon as the sound came out his eyes snapped open. Did he really just? Out loud like that?! His eyes searched Mingyu’s expression forgetting about everyone else in the room. God, he hoped the water running covered it up. If Mingyu heard, he might have to just off himself right then in there by drinking bleach or something. When they made eyes contact, Mingyu’s chocolate eyes avoided his completely. . Judging by the blush misplaced on his face, Mingyu had heard all of that. Thankfully, the teen didn't question him and instead finished washing his hair and shutting the faucet off.

“Okay, now time to blow!” Mingyu announced clapping his hands.

“WHAT?” Wonwoo yelled sweating again. 

“Uh- I mean! Blow drying!” Mingyu chuckled awkwardly pulling out the blow dryer. Wonwoo didn't even have the energy to send glares at Seungcheol, who was obnoxiously choking on laughter. Wonwoo gulped and nodded. He saw his appearance and he thought he looked like a wet mop. An unattractive wet mop. “I'm thinking an idol style with light highlights to accentuate your eyes, how does that sound?”

“Eung…” Wonwoo nodded. He didn't know anything so he just decided to trust the professional. Mingyu just smiled and started to pull out his tools. Wonwoo sweated a bit, he wasn't scared that Mingyu would hurt him he was just not comfortable with giving up his hair. Just as Mingyu brought the scissors closer to his hair he flinched and squeezed his eyes shut. He didn't trust his eyes not to water and he wouldn't want to scare Mingyu away. He in a gust of air and stilled his heart the best he could. 

Snip.

Mingyu started chopping away. His face bloomed darker and darker from every fragile whimper Wonwoo. By the time he finished he found himself letting out a breath he never knew he was holding. 

“O..okay, let’s start the dye!” Mingyu stumbled to the back to find the color he had in mind. While back there he had to place a hand on his heart and beat himself upside the head. “Yah! Kim Mingyu! Stop thinking dirty thoughts about a customer!” When he returned, he found Wonwoo staring at himself in a daze. It was a look that said “who is this person?” and it kind of made MIngyu proud. He loved to do hair and it always made it worth it when they had amazed faces at their own appearances. “Do you like it? It’s not too short is it?” Mingyu came up behind him and watched Wonwoo through the mirror.

“No! ITS UH- ACK!” Wonwoo jumped up in surprised. He was not expecting to see Mingyu so close behind him. His face heated up and he hung his head in shame. His voice had cracked and he was pretty sure Mingyu was freaked out. He whined and hit the side of his head to scorn himself. “It’s good.” he finalized. 

“Glad you like it!” Mingyu replied cheerfully. Wonwoo nodded with his head still down. Mingyu started the dying process. He wanted to go subtle because Wonwoo’s hair is so soft he doesn’t want to ruin it. He had never worked with hair so malleable. It was as if he was the first fingers to tousle his bangs, to run through his locks and he liked it. “Okay! Go over there, and sit under the dryer and I’ll tell you when it’s done, okay?” Mingyu instructed as he placed a pink shower cap over Wonwoo’s head.

“Okay…” Wonwoo nodded and shuffled over to the dryers next to an old sleeping lady. He sat there quietly watching as Mingyu started to sweep up the shop and help the other workers by bringing any tool they asked for. Wonwoo had to give him props, half the things they asked for Wonwoo had no idea what it was. He couldn’t even tell the difference between a big tooth comb and a straight comb. Like, what the hell?

“Oppa!” all of a sudden a little girl bursted through the door, wearing a puffy pink tutu and hair in shambles. She ran straight at the giant, who had immediately dropped his broom to pick her up. 

“Sophie!” he cheered throwing her up in the air. “How’s my cute little girl doing?” he inquired as she giggled and squirmed in his hold. The door opened again and in stormed in a more concerned looking older brother.

“Sophie!” he growled. Wonwoo could sorta recognize his face but he couldn’t really recall his name.

“Ah, yo Vernon!” 

“Ayo, Coups!” the boy now identified as Vernon greeted and they fist bumped each other. They then engaged in a conversation as Mingyu bounced Sophie on his hip.

“Ah...I see, so you guys were going to a princess party but you had no idea how to do her hair?” Mingyu nodded in understandment. His friend often had no clue when it came to his younger sister’s hair and would run to Mingyu for assistance. “How about I do it?” Mingyu turned to Sophie and asked her for permission which she gave eagerly. “That is...if Wonwoo-ssi says it’s okay...it is his turn right now,” Mingyu turned towards Wonwoo next who was watching him closely before. Wonwoo turned red since he got caught staring and silently nodded approval. 

“Yayyyy!” Sophie exclaimed excitedly as she hopped into the chair Wonwoo was just in. Next thing anyone knew Mingyu’s fingers were working incredibly fast in French braiding her brunette locks into a fishtail braid. Wonwoo’s mouth dropped at how fast he worked her hair into a braided style. 

“He's really good with his hands…” Seungcheol pointed out suggestively while wiggling his eyebrows. Wonwoo’s gasped lightly and slapped the other on the arm. 

“Shuddap,” he rolled his eyes and tried to control the blush that was growing from that revelation.

“Ah! I look like a mermaid! Look oppa I look like a mermaid!!” Sophie squealed in her chair.

“Yes, a very pretty one, now tell Hyung thank you,” Hansol directed. 

“Thank you,” Sophie bowed in her most polite manner. Mingyu just smiled fondly and nodded. Hansol bowed and tried to pay Mingyu but the taller just refused offended by the fact that his friend just tried to give him money for doing a simple favor. 

“Mh-mh,” he declined and lightly pushed them towards the door. “Better go catch that party before she's late!” he rushed. Wonwoo just smiled all bedazzled by his kindness. Mingyu was such a great worker, he was sure he would make any girl happy if she was with him. Once they were gone, Mingyu suddenly remembered he had a costumer with dye in his head so he needed to act fast. However, when he turned around he seemed to freeze upon seeing Wonwoo’s expression. His eyes were just thin lines now and his nose crinkled like a kitten but the main point was how his lips stretched out upwards showing off his rows of perfect teeth. Wonwoo was just bright. “...cute.” 

“Hmm?” Wonwoo stopped smiling to uplift his eyebrows and position his mouth in a questioning stance. Had he heard right? Mingyu’s eyes seemed trained towards him like he was looking at the most intriguing thing on earth and Wonwoo couldn't help but shy away helplessly at his intensity.

“Ahem. While it's cute and all how y'all can't help but stargaze in each other's eyes- can I just say that Wonwoo has had hair dye in for almost 20 minutes.” the female employee cut in.

“AH CRAP!” Mingyu suddenly tackled Wonwoo into the sink area and just started to hose him down spraying out any dye he could have in there. 

“YAH!” Wonwoo yelped from the cold. He was now soaked through his shirt. 

“I'm so sorry!” Mingyu panicked as he practically tore Wonwoo’s shirt off of him then rip his own off and handed it to Wonwoo while he ran around like a madman for the towels. All the while Seungcheol was literally rolling on the floor with laughter clawing at Wonwoo who just scuffed his foot and glared at him. 

“I hope you choke and die.” Wonwoo growled and folded his arms over his torso. 

“How cold~” Seungcheol fake fainted and Wonwoo just scoffed. Why was he friends with this idiot anyway?  Well, it could be because the older was friends with everyone but still. 

“Mingyu-ssi,” Wonwoo calmly called out making Mingyu stop his actions. “It's alright,” he smiled and Mingyu swore his heart ceased for a moment. 

Wonwoo took his seat and Mingyu blowdryed his hair again then used the flat iron to straighten it. This time around was quicker because his hair was washed and he virtually had no tangles. 

“Yaaaaah,” Seungcheol meandered over to them when Mingyu claimed the finale. He smiled and placed his hands on Wonwoo’s shoulders, an act that Mingyu found himself very conscious of. “Sir! Who are you?” Seungcheol teased and Wonwoo hid his smile. 

“No kidding, if I didn't watch Mingyu just now I would've thought you were another costumer,” the bubbly employee confessed with stars in her eyes, obviously falling for Wonwoo’s charms. His straight jaw line, his seductive eyes, and his lips-

Mingyu shook his head. He really needed to get his mind out of the gutter before he embarasses himself right then and there. “Well, I hope you like it,” he asked Wonwoo.

“Yes! It looks amazing- even I am wondering who this person looking at me in the mirror is! I look so handsome now,” Wonwoo smiled brightly and it was like Mingyu’s heart became a punching bag. 

“I mean you've always been handsome I only made it that much more noticeable,” Mingyu confessed and Wonwoo’s eye widened. Did Mingyu just call him handsome?”

“Ah yea, I guess,” Wonwoo held his head down trying to hide his goofy smile from being called good looking by an actually good looking guy. 

“Don't do that,” Mingyu commanded in an almost scolding tone. Wonwoo looked at him surprised. “Don’t hide your smile, it’s not something to be ashamed of,” Mingyu explained. “You should show it more often.” he suggested.

“Why do you say that?” Wonwoo quietly questioned. Seungcheol and the female hairstylist were hanging off each other in suspense.

“Because, it’s beautiful.” the taller answered simply. Wonwoo’s face almost exploded, he was having a mental breakdown. Someone as dazzling and perfect as Mingyu had called him not only handsome. But beautiful! This was a historical moment! Mingyu smiled at the way Wonwoo looked like he was about to completely shut down. “Your hair needs to be maintained every couple of weeks, so come by more frequently.”

“And there you have it folks, Mingyu finally make his move, all we need to do is wait for the response,” Seungcheol announced from behind the camera.

“Yes, by my prior knowledge I have an understanding that Mingyu is single and free and tonight he and I were going to the movies to cry about our single lives, but it seems that my forever alone buddy has found a mate!” the bouncy girl added in making both of their faces red. 

“Totally should take Wonwoo out- he hasn’t been to the movies like, ever.” Seungcheol pointed out and Mingyu gasped ignoring their prior idiocy.

“You’ve never been?” Mingyu turned to Wonwoo for confirmation. Wonwoo nodded feeling quite ashamed. “Then...uh..will you-uh- I mean if you’d like to but if you don't I mean! Uhhhh?” Mingyu scratched his cheek feeling a bit awkward, especially since everyone in the salon so happen to have been watching. Wonwoo just chuckled at the thought that he the antisocial had the possible Kingka fumbling and tripping over his own words. Mingyu just sighed feeling slightly giddy from his laugh.

“I’d love to.” 


A/N: Yaaaaahhh. I had to give up at the end because this was getting too involved. orz I hope its good I wrote it just as the thought came to my head! 

Comment and tell me what you thought about these dorks :P