Leaving

One More Chance

JESSICA’s POV

 

“Are you sure he’s here?” I asked.

I entered to a crowded and noisy room. People were drinking, talking or dancing along to the loud music. I scan the room searching for him. I’m about to ask Jonghyun again but he pointed something. I look to where he’s pointing at and I saw him, him kissing Luna. Suddenly, the world seems to stop. My body numb but I can still feel my heart aching. The pain started to flow over me. The pain is too much to bear so I have to clench my chest by my hand. I started to tremble and unknowingly my tears started to fall down. I’m still looking at them when I saw him pulling away from her and saw me. He got shock. He started to move to approach me but I ran away pushing Jonghyun and people I bump with away. I heard him calling out my name but all I can think is to run away from him faster as I could. I ran and ran with no definite direction as I remember the argument we had two days ago.

 

FLASHBACK

 

I saw him packing and tossing his clothes in his luggage.

“Yeobo, where are you going?” I asked him but deep inside I stared to get scared.

“I’m going to leave you” he said as he continues to pack his things.

For a moment, I stood still waiting for the word to sink in. I panicked. He will leave and might never comeback. My tears started to fall down.

“Onew, don’t leave me. You said you love me” I said while taking out his clothes from the luggage but he returns the things I take from his luggage back. I take out things again and he returns them back again. He got pissed off and threw the luggage away.

“Can’t you understand? I’m tired of THIS!” he shouted at me. I was surprised because this is the first time he shouted at me. I continue to cry and begging him not to leave me.

“Sica, I’m through of understanding you. I’m tired of going home finding out either the dinner is burnt, you at ironing. I’m tired of your whining that you can’t do this and that. Most of all, you can’t even cook any CHICKEN dish!” Onew said.

“I promise to learn it all. Just don’t leave me” I said between my sobs.

“Please Onew” I beg. I grab his arm but he yanked it away.

“I’m sorry” Onew said coldly.

“You love me right? You still do.” I said.

Onew didn’t answer and started to leave.

“Is this about Luna?” I asked.

That stopped him from his track. Not facing her.

“I… know… there’s something… going… going on between you two. I’ve known it along ago. I tried to… NO! I don’t care anymore if you still seeing her. Just don’t leave me. Please don’t.” I begged.

Onew turned meeting my eyes. I can see Onew’s feature softened. He began to move but stopped midway and turned away. And he’s gone

I fell down on my knees crying hard while still hoping for him to comeback. But he never did. I curl up in the cold floor still crying.

END OF FLASHBACK

I continue to run ‘til I heard a long noisy honk and everything disappear.