From: Your Secret Admirer

From: Your Secret Admirer

 

Chanyeol should feel bad about not listening to what Yixing is excitedly telling him, he really should, but even with the guilt sitting heavily at the bottom of his stomach, he still can’t bring himself to pay attention to the man currently helping him arrange the flower displays near the front of the shop because every few seconds or so, his eyes would automatically drift back across the street, watching a familiar tuft of fluffy pink hair bobbing back and forth ever so slightly as an oblivious Baekhyun continued to nod along to the music he was listening to while the boy’s hands speedily danced across the sketchpad on his lap.

Really, Chanyeol should feel bad. He was watching the young tattoo artist. Again.

It wasn’t like he meant to, really, but there was just something magnetizing about the younger boy – maybe it was the cotton-candy hair that reminded Chanyeol so much of his newest favorite flowers, or maybe it was the content little smile on the tattoo artist’s cherubic face which drew him in but whatever it was, the florist just couldn’t look away. Not when Baekhyun looks so calm, so relaxed and in his element; rosy cheeks and that oddly ethereal glow all around him intact.

“Chanyeol? Are you okay?” Yixing’s concerned tone is what finally draws the florist out of his reverie staring at the pink-haired boy, making Chanyeol jump slightly as a worried hand is placed on his shoulder. “Your ears are really red. Are you getting sick? I could make you some tea—”

“No, I’m okay. I’m sorry, I was spacing out… What were you saying?” Chanyeol feels extra guilty for not paying attention now, but Yixing, kind as ever, was quick to dismiss his apologies.

“Nothing important really, just how we’ve been having so many customers recently. Since Valentine’s Day is around the corner,” Yixing smiles that angelic smile of his, “Even Baekhyunnie came by a while ago when you went to get lunch—”

“Baekhyun came here? Again?” Chanyeol barely hides the disappointment in his tone. Why did he always miss Baekhyun coming by? Such rotten luck…

“Mhm,” Yixing seems oblivious to his boss’ inner turmoil either way, working to reposition the buckets of sunflowers into a prettier angle. “His dad asked him to place an order for his mom. Quite a big order, actually…” Yixing grins, almost as if he were recalling the encounter, “Three dozen roses – one for each decade they’ve been together. It’s really cute…”

“Yeah…” Chanyeol’s eyes have drifted back over to the tattoo shop by then, only half listening as he watches Baekhyun look up as Jongin approached him, ruffling the boy’s hair and making Baekhyun swat at him cutely. Chanyeol remembers when he did that. Baekhyunnie had soft hair—

“Anyways, we got to talking and I was asking Baekhyunnie whether he had a Valentine this year.” At the sound of this, Chanyeol snaps back to attention almost too eagerly, only barely catching himself before he said something he shouldn’t. “You know, since he’s a very nice kid – it would be kind of weird if he didn’t have any admirers, right?”

A small part of Chanyeol’s brain wanted to say, “Me!” but the florist quickly squashed that tiny voice away. He hummed instead, pretending to be occupied with the pot of peonies.

“Turns out he’s never even had a Valentine! How can that be? Baekhyunnie’s such a sweet boy… I kind of feel bad for him. You know what he said? ‘I guess no one’s ever looked at me like that before, hyung, but I wish someday someone will give me flowers like dad does for mom every year…’” Yixing starts ranting off about how nice and perfectly darling Baekhyun is but Chanyeol’s tuned him out again in favor of watching the pink-haired boy across the street.

Never had a Valentine? Chanyeol feels something constricting in his chest and it doesn’t feel nice. Watching the bright smile on the eighteen year old across the street, an idea sparks in his mind.

 

🌸

 

Baekhyun wakes up with the sun beaming down on him, making the boy scrunch his entire face as he slowly rolled over to sit on the backs of his legs, body still covered by his blankets as he blinks up at the wall behind his headboard. He looks like a cute little burrito all wrapped up; pink hair in crazy disarray as the boy blinks away the last remnants of sleep from his droopy eyes. From downstairs he can hear his mom’s high-pitched squeal of delight and Yixing’s light laughter. Even half-asleep, the pink-haired boy finds himself smiling, imagining his mom’s expression as Yixing handed over the flowers his dad ordered for her. It’s cute, he thinks, how his parents are still so stupidly in love with each other. Dreamily, his eyes wander over to the balcony across the street and his cheeks turn pink as he suddenly meets the gaze of a serenely smiling Chanyeol who immediately waves as soon as he spots Baekhyun.

Baekhyun yips like a startled Chihuahua and falls back onto his bed, cursing himself for forgetting to close the curtains last night. He’s completely embarrassingly red all over by now, rolling around in his cocoon as his weak little heart thumped against his chest. “Oh my gosh, no…” he whined, chewing on his bottom lip hard enough to bleed. He doesn’t bother trying to contain the love-struck little squeals mushed into his pillow.

 

 

It takes about twenty more minutes before Baekhyun’s heartbeat returns to normal and for his face to cool off but he decides that he can’t waste the day thumping around his bed. He quickly showers in cold water to try to wash away the furious blush coating his skin but even as he shrugs a loose gray sweatshirt on, he can still see the pink spots permanently dotted on his cheeks. Stupid Chanyeol and his stupid pretty smile making Baekhyun’s stupid little heart go weak…

Baekhyun tries to keep his face as neutral as possible as he heads down to the tattoo parlor, knowing that Jongin and Sehun would start teasing him again if they saw him like that, but the moment he sets foot on the ground floor, everything seems to stop in Baekhyun’s world.

“Baekhyunnie! These are for you!” Yixing is quick to a humungous bouquet of pink camellia and roses into a startled Baekhyun’s arms, smiling extra widely at the boy in that angel-like way he always did.

“M-me? What… I—” Baekhyun can’t find words as his wide eyes fall on the pretty pink petals in his arms, completely taken aback at the heaviness of the huge arrangement.

“These are yours as well, Baekhyunnie. Happy Valentine’s Day!” Yixing chuckles, thumbing on a petal off one of the two standing pots of flowers on either side of Baekhyun; the same pink camellia in large white pots and small cards reading “To: BBH♥”.

“I… um… w-what—?” Baekhyun can’t string a sentence together as his owlish eyes go back and forth between the three presents he’d been given. “T-thank you, hyung, but you didn’t have to—”

“Oh, they’re not from me,” Yixing says, giggling like he knew some big secret. From the side of the room, Baekhyun notices his own parents giggling too and he only grows even more red at the subtle hinting. There his poor little heart goes again, drumming like crazy!

Thank God it was too early for Jongin and Sehun to come in. “But anyways Baekhyunnie, I’ve got to go! So many deliveries to make today…”

Even after Yixing left, humming as he exited the shop, all pink Baekhyunnie could do was panickedly stare at the three big flower arrangements surrounding him. He eyes the note tacked onto the flowers, flipping it over. “From: Your Secret Valentine^^” He knew that handwriting. He still had the other note secretly stashed in his bedside table.

Baekhyun’s eyes lift up shyly across the street and his stomach did little somersaults. Chanyeol was standing there, sweeping the front of his shop, smiling straight at him.

Baekhyun felt himself die a little more inside.

 


 

Ta-da! ew lol i'm sorry this is horrible i cry but i really needed to get the feels out somehow dfsgserugfser
also yes i know it isn't valentine's day yet but who cares it's chanbaek fluffffff

let me know what you guys think! leave a comment down below!

 

let's be friends, i'm a lonely little potato!

twitter | tumblr