Final~

Warmth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jinhwan loved their fans, they were the ones that gave them support and kept them going, making them successful and keeping them above the water in the industry. Without them, no one would know about them, no matter how much Papa YG invested in publicity or how many survival shows were organised (thank god those were over, the hate he has for them was over the top).   They came to support them at concerts, live radios, watched them on V app, chanted at music programs and attended the fan meets, sometimes even bought them gifts.  He knew all of them meant well.

However, he couldn’t understand or accept some of the more ‘excitable’ fans, so to say. Thankfully iKON didn’t have any ssaessangs yet, but at the rate things progressed he wasn’t going to be surprised when that happened. While the fans that gathered at airports were really nice to come and show their support, some of them completely disregarded their personal space (or the lines made by the airport security for that matter): hands trying to touch them, grab at them and their clothes, phone cameras shoved in their face, flashes going off here and there, ear piercing screams of their names. Usually, he would be up and ready to deal with all of those, but today he was staying rooted to his place in front of the airport doors, a cold, anxious feeling clawing at his heart.

‘Is this fear?’ his mind wondered, though after his last meeting with the airport fans, he couldn’t say he was surprised at the revelation.

 

 ~Flashback~

 It was no surprise that between all of his band mates, especially after their growth spurs, he remained the smallest of them all. In a way that automatically meant that he was also the lightest and weighted less (something they constantly reminded him by picking him up like he literary weighted nothing). This proved to be an inconvenience while having to deal with large crowds, as it was easy for him to be pushed around, no matter how good his balance was.

The crowd of fans was bigger than usually, all of them yelling and trying to get to them, with a passion and conviction that was borderline scary, yet all seven of them were trying to get through the crowd to reach the exit gate, a task that was proven harder than it first appeared to the eye. Jinhwan felt bad for the security who was trying their best to keep the fans at bay; even so he could feel a few bruises starting to form on his arm from when someone managed to grab him. He was a few steps behind Junhoe and Hanbin, somehow having ended at the end of the line. Pushing his sunglasses up the bridge of his nose he continued to move at a snail’s pace, his right hand grasping his phone and passport, not wanting to lose any in the chaos around them.

Craning his neck he managed to see that they were a few feet away from the exit, their manager standing to the side next to the door as Chanwoo and Donghyuk were going outside, the other two just reaching the tape surrounded area. The three of them were still trying to pass through the crowd. Apparently he sighed relieved to early, not managing to even register what was happening before a well-manicured hand caught his forearm, nails digging through his sweater into his skin, and he was yanked back, between two airport officers (why was everyone taller than him again?!). He lost his balance and fell flat on his , sunglasses flying off his face as he was surrounded by fangirls. Some of them either tried to help him up or just actually touch him, but all of them were yelling into his ears so hard he couldn’t hear himself think, his mind only registering that there were too many people and too many hands, a claustrophobic chocking feeling creeping up his windpipe as he heard Hanbin and their manager yell his name.

A few moments lat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter