university life

Let's Play

You climbed out of bed at 10am in the morning with red eyes as you complained about the sun being too bright.

You slept at 1am last night doing a book report which was due later in the afternoon.

As you stretched your long and slender arms up to the ceiling and opened up your curtains letting the bright sun go in and light up your house, more like a tiny 2 room flat.

You lived alone as you were old enough and because you had a complicated past with your parents.

 Your mom hates you due to something in the past and kicked you out of the house since high school. Since then, your dad has been secretly funding for your education and your little house.

You weren’t poor but due to the immense amount of hate from your mother, you had to work to get extra money whenever she found out how your dad helps to fund you.

You grew up independent, learning that you had no one to count on and family? Sometimes it was better without one.

You opened up your fridge and realised that it was empty again. “So fast? . I should really eat less.” You grumbled to yourself and closed the fridge.

You combed your long wavy hair into a messy and simple pony tail and put on your glasses before stepping out of your house with a pair of flip flops and headed to the nearby 7-11 store.

You opened your mailbox on the ground floor and checked your mail. Ignoring the stupid stares you always get my random drunk hobos below your flat, you grabbed your mail and hurriedly walked to the convenient store.

You walked in to hear the ‘ding’ sound of the door and greeted a familiar face.

“changjo-ah!” you exclaimed while walking towards your best friend.

“Oh, ~~~~ ah! Back here so soon?” he smiled and pulled you in a hug.

The both of you pulled back and smiled at each other. You broke it first and went to grab breakfast. He looked at your back figure for awhile more then went back to the cashier stand.

“Yah, you coming for class today? Or you working?” you casually called as you took a bottled-mocha from the shelf and bread on the counter beside it.

“Thank you, please come back again!” changjo smiled and greeted another customer then turned his attention back to you, “I’m not sure. Maybe? Maybe not?” he grinned.

You rolled your eyes and took another carton of eggs and milk from the fridge. Then you walked towards the cashier.

‘Beep’ as changjo scanned your items. “Why? You’ve been skipping a lot choi jonghyun.” You asked.

He calmly answered, “when somebody else was working didn’t she skip a lot of classes too~? And somebody was so kind to teach everything that she missed to her when she ends work. $16.50 please.”

You tsk-ed him and went to take out your wallet. Your mouth formed and ‘o’ shape as you realised you forgot to bring it out. “oops.” You shrugged your shoulders and took your groceries anyway.

“gumawo chingu-ya. I’ll pay you back asap. Heh.” You waved and walked out of the store.

Changjo shook his head and went to put his own money into the cash machine. No matter how chic you were in public you were comfortable with the people you were close to so he knew how forgetful you can get. He smiled and went back to work.

You finally reached home and dumped your groceries on the kitchen table and neatly placed the milk into the fridge.

You checked the time, 11am. *this is like brunch.* you ate your newly bought bread and spread it with the remaining nutella in your fridge.

Your phone buzzed.

Changjo-ah :) : yah, you’re going to be late. $16.50, see you later.

Aigoo this petty guy. You replied with a “:)” and went to bathe and get ready for school, you chuckled at that. Your high school life and your university life were completely different.

You stepped out of the shower and dried your wet hair while choosing what to wear. You picked a simple black sleeveless formal blouse and paired it with a long pair of skinny jeans. You closed your cupboard and walked over to the coat hanger and took your leopard print scarf, took your book bag and walked out.

You held the side of the wall as you wore your black and comfortable heels. Once done, you turned around and locked the door before heading to school.

 

 

You took the bus and headed to your university. As you tapped your card and walked a couple of male heads took second looks as you confidently walked to school.

“Hey!” and you felt a soft arm hook yours. You smiled “hey, seungyeon-ah.”

 

 

She looked girly and gorgeous and usual and the both of you chatted as you walked into your university.

On the way to your building, you saw five very familiar heads.

“~~~~~~-ah! Seungyeon-ah!” a boy with short black hair shouted and waved.

You smiled and seungyeon energetically waved back. It was ricky. He was a close friend of changjo so you got to know him as well. He’s one of the few people that could make you genuinely smile.

“Hey ladies, looking gorgeous as always.” The tall male mused and the shorter one with blonde hair added, “Without even trying to as well.” He smirked.

The tall one was cap, the other ljoe. Changjo’s hyungs. They were your oppas but no way will you lower down your pride and call them that.

You ignored their comments while seungyeon was blushing like crazy, and nodded to acknowledge that and asked, “Where’s neil and chunji?”

“Morning class” cap answered while ljoe was busy flirting with seungyeon.

It doesn’t take a genius to know that they have crushes on each other but seungyeon was always too shy and ljoe gave his excuse as he ‘doesn’t want to settle on one girl’ while he gives killing glares at any guy who dares to approach seungyeon.

You shook your head and sighed at the same scene every morning and looked at your beloved ricky trying to blow a bubble from his bubble gum but he keeps failing.

He was so cute and you were amazed that he was the same age as you. You were smiling at ricky when a pair of rough hands blocked your vision. “Guess who.”

“Childish . Like finally, let’s go.” You could recognise his voice anywhere and hook your arm around his and went off inside the huge school complex.

Changjo smirked and walked along with you. At the back you could hear the loud wailing of ricky asking you to wait for him and the loud tsk-ing made by cap at ljoe while he barked at two guys who were talking to seungyeon.

You shook your head and rested it on changjo’s shoulder. These were your friends at university. Without them, you’d be completely anti-social.

That’s why you would always be thankful for seungyeon who was so friendly to you first and changjo who stuck by you since high school and introduced teentop to you.

This was your so-called normal day at university, you loved them a lot without really showing it but they knew. You would do anything to protect the ones you loved even if there might be a surprise visit in the future? I don’t know.

//hehe 2nd update done~ ^^ kinda long and stuff but I wanted to intro how teentop was related to you and how you lived your life normally heh. And your past? It will be revealed later in the story somehow..hahas. kkay thank you shall update soon~ :) //

ps: I AM SO SAD T__T I have photos of how you look like and seungyeon in case you didnt know she's from kara. ^^ but the photo cant be posted and idk why im so sorry..:(((( anyways carry on~ sorry~ hehe