Unit K

Lover Undercover

“You’re so pretty. Did you hear that often?” A thirty-something-years-old man with a smirk barely visible under the thin moustache whispered seductively to the pierced-ear of a brunette. They stood face-to-face, body flushed together, hand roamed to each other body’s, softly touching. Giggles elicited.

 

“Yeah, I did. You’re not my first, though.” The lady, clad in a long-red dress, revealing her beautiful shoulder line, replied with a an ambiguous smile. Her right hand rested on his nape while the other hand was wandering the firm-muscular back of the man.

 

“Naughty, aren’t we?” A  peck on the lips. A smirk. Another peck. The temperature of the five-starred hotel room started to grow hot as the pecks led to an intense battle between the two. Not able to hold his lust any longer, the man in white shirt started to drag the woman into the bed, pushing her roughly, then climbed on top of her. He put his lips back on hers, kissing the red flesh hungrily.

 

“I can’t wait to you.” The man said as his hand started to head south, caressing the exposed thigh beneath him. He let go of her lips and aimed for the neck before he got stopped by a milky-white hand that belong to the beautiful creature underneath him.

 

“Patient, my dear. I need to show you something.”

 

“Oh, what’s that? I hope it is something very important because nobody dares to interrupt Lee Dongwook from getting what he wants,” the threatening tone from Dongwook didn’t go unnoticed by the lady but her expression remained stoic, unwavered by the impatient man’s lowkey threat. She smirked instead.

 

“This.” The red-dressed lady raised her hand that rested on the man’s broad shoulder, showing off a ring on her middle finger.

 

“Huh? What’s with your ring?”

 

Again, a smirk.

 

“I can kill you with this ring.” With a gentle push on the ring, a small needle appeared from the surface of the ring. The shining object caught Dongwook off guard, but before he could react, the needle had been injected to his neck. He widened his eyes in surprise. His mouth struggled to form words that escaped his white pearl teeth merely as squeaks. The brunette pushed the weakened man away from her, kicking him in the process. Dongwook fell with a loud thud.

 

“F-f-!” He groaned loudly before a slap accros his handsome face silenced him.

 

“That’s for thinking about doing erted stuff to me!” Another slap. “For kissing me like a maniac! Who do you think I am, huh?! A e?!” A punch on the jaw. “For touching someone that’s not yours!” Another blow. Harder.

 

Dongwook laid lifelessly on the floor beside the bed, grimacing in pain. He might be capable of killing hundreds of people in his prime condition. But right now, whatever the girl in front of him injected to his body, it was surely making him paralyzed, not able to move a single muscle of his limbs. It was even hard for him to speak without stuttering. “W-wh-who are y-you?”

 

Instead of answering, the lady got up from the limp body of Dongwook. She then reached into his neck, pulling something which seemed like a necklace. The girl smirked triumphantly, holding the pendant on her hand.

 

“Jessica Jung. Ice of Unit K.”

 

***

Jessica cursed under her breath. The stinging sensation on her upper right arm was surely taking a toll on her. She wasn’t too far away from the black sedan on the ground when men in black suit emerged from the veranda of a room in 20th floor. The men shouted something along the line of “Kill the girl!” and “Don’t let her run away!”. She couldn’t point it out clearly. Not when a bullet aimed at her was successfully penetrated her bare arms, stained the white skin with red. She ignored the pain as she continued to climb down the verandas of Heiryu Hotel one by one.

 

Why the hell that as*shole named Dongwook booked a room at 20th floor when there where so many unoccupied room in the lower level?! Such a braggart!

 

Jessica managed to dodge another parade of bullets through her way when she landed on the ground with a soft thud not too far from the black sedan. The passenger door was opened, revealing a muscular man on the driver seat.

 

“Hop in quickly!”

 

She didn’t waste any more seconds and got inside the car.

 

“Jessi, are you okay? You’ve been shot!”

 

“I’m okay. Just drive off. They will probably chase us in a minute. We don’t have enough time!” The wounded girl said in a hurried tone. The man beside her quickly pulled over and left the dark alley behind the hotel. The engine sound of the black Audi R8 broke the quiet night of Seoul main road as the car sped-off. The road itself was void of any sign of life except for some drunk men doing jaywalker. A perfect ambience for car racing. Something that should be happening anytime soon.

 

“Ice, did you get the pendant?” a voice bloomed through the car’s radio, averting the brunette’s attention from tending to her wound.

 

“I did.  Where are we going after this?”

 

“Well, the men who shot you earlier are not too far behind your car. Drive straight to the red bridge around 3 kms ahead, you’ll find an intersection not far from there. Turn left. Dragon and Simba should be there to help you.”

 

“Welp, thanks Ginger.”

 

“Be careful, you guys!”

 

A sound of fired gun from behind managed to divert both agents’ attention from their Ginger partner on radio. “! They’re cathcing up!” A dark-blue sedan was seen approaching from the rearview mirror with a man holding a gun fired shots to the speeding black car. Jessica reached under the passenger’s seat and pulled out a hand-gun.

 

“Taec, keep on driving fast! I’ll handle them,” she loaded the gun before opening the car’s window and popped half of her body out from the window. A quick shot to the back of the car successfully forced the shooter to drop the firing black arms from his hand. Another quick shot. This time on his right shoulder, inducing a loud groan of pain from her target.

 

Another bullet was coming through her, but before something bad happened for the second time, her car’s maneuver quicky saved Jessica from getting unnessecary additional wound. She returned inside the car.

 

“There are three cars and about more than six armed-men following us. We are outnumbered!”

 

“Damn! I’ll try to reach the red bridge sooner,” with that, Taec stepped on the accelerator and increasing the speeds of the car. “Buckle up, Jessica! This ain’t a smooth ride.”

 

The warning from Taec was proved to be no empty threat. The car streaking on the night road was making Jessica nauseous. Taecyeon – her partner – was indeed a gifted driver. She wondered if term ‘gifted-driver’ did exist. Nevertheless, the bulky man was definitely skillful. He smoothly changed the gear manually while controlling and stabilizing the vehicle from getting out of track and hitting by the whizzing bullets. Jessica thanked whoever up there that the road they were currently on was a straight one, else she would suffer another bruise. This time caused by hitting the interior part of the expensive four-wheeled vehicle while her partner crazily rotating the steering-wheel left and right.

 

After less than five minutes which turned like forever for the brunette, the said red bridge was finally seen. Sensing that support was near, Jessica opened the window again and started to shoot other set of bullets towards their opponents. The surprising but missing shot from Jessica caught one of the man off guard. This was used effectively by the female agent as she fired another shot straight to the man’s upper arm, making the gun fell from his grasp.

 

The sudden turn of the black sedan making Jessica stumbled back inside the car, landing on top of Taecyeon who was still busy driving with a light speed. One of the car that was following them didn’t predict the sudden maneuver and went straight to another direction.

 

“Yah, Jessica! As much as I enjoy being close to you, I still need to drive and your body is blocking me!” Taecyeon who couldn’t see the road by the windscreen courtesy to a pretty agent sitting on top of him slightly lost control of the car, making the vehicle staggered left and right. This was used by other two cars to catch up. Jessica was in panic when she realized that their car was now sandwiched by both of the opponents’ car. She turned towards the door and rolled down the window on Taecyeon's side, hoping for a chance to shot. The black SUV on the right hitting the side of the Audi with its body trying to crush the agents’ car while one of man from the left blue sedan pointed a gun towards the Audi’s opened window.

 

As Jessica raised her own gun to shot first, a loud sound of crash sent the blue sedan frontwards, and a maroon red convertible appeared on her view; the culprit of earlier crash. Jessica identified the man driving the stylish car as Dragon, one of her teammates. The Dragon continued to hit on the sedan’s backside with his own car until the sedan finally stumbled and crashed the fence blocking the path from a meadow.

 

Jessica was starting to fire her gun to the black SUV after pulled away her bottom from Taecyeon. She managed to break the SUV’s window on the driver side with two shots. One more shot and the black SUV lost its control as the driver turned unconscious after being hit by a bullet on his temple. Sensing that the SUV was near to crash to the fence, Taecyeon slowed their car down. Smash-up sounds that followed soon after indicated the said collision had happened.

 

Taecyeon stopped the car completely and Jessica stepped out hurriedly. She ran through to the black SUV and opened the passenger door. With a pointed gun in hand, she pulled the man on the passenger seat who seemed to be unconscious. After ensuring that the car is safe from another man holding gun or anything that was harmful, Jessica spoke through her ear-piece.

 

“Taeyeon, we need more help here.”

 

“What happened? I heard lots of crashing sound. Are you guys okay?” the voice from another line responded quickly with an obvious tone of worry.

 

“We are okay. Well, at least me, Taec, and Jiyong are okay. I haven’t seen Siwon oppa anywhere but I’m sure he is fine, too,” Jessica talked in a calming tone.

 

“What help do you need? Should I call the headquarter and tell them you need more assisting agents?”

 

“No, the situation is under control. We need more people to evacuate these men. Most of them are unconscious. We should bring them to headquarter and see what we can get by interrogating them.”

 

“Alright. Will do!”

 

Jessica closed the door and walked back to her car only to notice that Taecyeon and Jiyong –the Dragon man with the red convertible- were busy evacuating the men from the broken blue sedan and handcuffing them. There were three men. One was unconscious. She moved towards them instead.

 

“I already told Taeyeon to send more people since we need to bring all these guys to the headquarter,” she successfully stole both agents’ attention.

 

“Yeah. Have you checked the black SUV? How many are there?” Kwon Jiyong, the agent with black fade-mohawk cut responded while her hands were busy aiming a gun towards the crouching guys.

 

“Two. I don’t know about the other car, though? Did it just drive away without trying to chase back?”

 

“Oh that, Siwon hyung already took care of it. He is probably heading back here.” Soon enough, another black sedan came nearing with a full speed. But before it harmed any of the agents, the car stopped abruptly. A muscular man in a black t-shirt stepped down from the driver side.

 

“How is everything here?” The man from the black car voiced a question after walking closer to the agents.

 

“Everything is under control, oppa. What about you? Are you okay?”

 

The guy smiled a charming smile. “Of course I am! The other two men from that other car are on my backseat, handcuffed while being unconscious. This is Choi Siwon for you,” the man said cheekily, accompanied by a wink. Jessica and the other agents rolled their eyes simultaneously.

 

Choi Siwon was the eldest of the team, as well as the captain in charge. He was four years older than her. Siwon was a great leader; charming, full of humour, and definitely one of the best on field. Jessica was thankful that the man was assigned as her leader three years ago.

 

Being a secret agent wasn’t an easy feat, especially if you needed to work in team. Teamwork and trust were both top priorities. So, she always felt lucky to be put in Unit K, a unit formed by Korea National Police Agency under Special Division which responsible to perform dangerous operations. The relationship she shared with fellow Unit K members were more than mere partnership. It was as if they were a family, trusting and protecting each other. Maybe that was one of the reason why her unit was considered the best by the superiors.

 

Aside from Siwon and herself, there were three more members; Ok Taecyeon, a tall man with very skillful hands on anything that invovlves machines. Driving wasn’t his only capability, obviously. Kwon Jiyong, an eccentric guy whose hobby was to flirt, was actually another highly-capable agent that she had encountered. And then Kim Taeyeon, her best friend for life, who acted mostly as the operator behind the scene. She was a computer prodigy.

 

Her wandering mind was quickly interrupted by a voice from the ear-piece. Taeyeon aka Ginger’s voice.

 

“Sica, the help was on its way to your place. Arriving probably in twenty minutes.”

 

“Thanks, Taeng. I’ll tell the other.” Jessica was about to open and tell her teammates when Taeyeon spoke again.

 

“And Sica... Seunghyun called me a moment ago, asking your whereabouts. He said something about movie date and how you ditched him for the nth time.” Jessica eyes widened when she realized the person she abandoned (again) because of this mission. She was supposedly hanging around in Seunghyun’s apartment, enjoying the night as they wathced sappy-romantic movies together. She smacked her own forehead and closed her eyes, cursing under her breath.

 

Damn, it seemed like another world war was bound to happen soon.