Final

A Hurtful Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"we had a beautiful beginning and a wonderful middle sadly however we never got our happily ever after...." - Oh Sehun

 

Kai and Sehun first met in their Freshmen year of High School in their English Class. Lets say it wasn't exactly love at first sight. In fact, they practically hated one another. They were constantly at each other throats and they were both too stubborn and hot headed to get past those strange wall of anger that had been built between them. Towards the middle of Freshmen year they had finally reached talking terms and by the end of it they were hanging out everyday at lunch and almost every other day outside of school. They were constantly questioned if they were dating and all that Kai and Sehun could do was laugh. They were best friend and the thought of people seeing them as more than that seemed simply ridiculous.

Time went on and as Freshmen year ended and the summer began Kai and Sehun began to spend more and more time together and practically inseperable. They each had their summer flings with other people but nothing serious, at the end of the day though there Kai and Sehun were sitting on Sehun's patio with a drink in their hand and simply laughing and just talking about the people they met, the things they've done, and places they've been seen over the summer.

Before they knew it, Sophomore year had finally began. They were finally getting out of that awkward stage of high school and moving up the food chain. Able to drive and at the age where they could finally get a part time job, well at least Kai could considering that his birthday was a day before school started and Sehun's wasn't until April.

On the first day of school, Kai picked Sehun up in his shiny silver car, not his car of choice but still a car. When arriving at school, everyone thought that they had finally started dating, much to their dismay they told them they weren't. Time seemed to have flown by it was April and Sehun's birthday was less than 3 days away. Sehun could practically taste the slight freedom he would soon receive. On Friday, the day before Sehun's birthday, halls were bustling and excited, ready for the nights football game against their biggest rival. Sehun had intended on going with Kai, that was until Sehun found a note in his locker inscribed to him. Opening it, it read 'Wear something nice tonight, I have a surprise for you. I'll pick you up at 7 - Kai'

Sehun was confused, what was Kai up to? Rushing home Sehun got ready and began to turn his clean room into an unbelievable mess with mountains of clothing. DING DONG. Kai had arrived right when Sehun slipped on a shirt with cardigan and jeans. He ran down stairs to greet Kai. He actually surprised Sehun with how good he cleaned up. They walked to Kai's car and headed off to the city. To Sehun surprise, Kai took him to a nice Italian restaurant and after they had finished, they headed to the beach right when sun was setting. They walked by the water and just talked. As the sun finally set, fireworks had suddenly began. It was beautiful and absolutely perfect. Sehun couldn't believe that Kai came up with this. He was romantic than Sehun thought. As the night show ended, they walked back toward Kai's car when Kai suddenly stopped them for a moment. "Sehun..." Kai said looking at Sehun. Sehun could see in his eyes that there was something wrong.

"What is it?" Sehun asked unsure. "There is something I need to tell you that I've wanted to say to you for a long time now.... and it's been killing me. So.... here it goes." Sehun stood there for a second and began to chuckle. "I can't believe I'm doing this." ...."Kai what is it?" Sehun felt his heart begin to skip. "Sehun... I love you. I have for a long time... I just never got the chance or rather I was way too scared to tell you. I don't want this to change us and I'm not looking for you to say it too. I just can't keep going without telling you this cause it'll make me sick." Kai finished and simply looked at Sehun. Sehun didn't know what to do or what to say. "Kai..." Sehun was in shock. "Like I said Sehun. I'm not looking for you to say it back. I just want you to know." Kai flashed Sehun a smile and slowly turn around.

Sehun stood there petrified. What was this going to do to them? Would it change everything? Of course it would. Sehun was just too afraid to see it clearly or even think about it. Sehun began to walk and he started to realize that those whole time somewhere inside of him , he had feelings for Kai too, Sehun had just repressed them. Sehun was scared but he g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter