Two

But Are We All Lost Stars?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a week after Jongin's encounter with Aeri. His friends didn't even bother asking about Song Aeri after that day which he was thankful of and he didn't have to bother answering pesky questions. Chanyeol would be the only one who is still curious about it but he decided not to care since the others didn't. Maybe what Jongin told Hana before was the reason why he was looking for that Aeri.

Jongin became even more busy with assignments he didn't have time to eat unless the occasional dinners with Hana. He had no excuse against it. She is his girlfriend and Jongin is passionate about their relationship, he didn't want to let her down.

The bright laptop screen burned his eyes. He slams it shut, angry with everything. The stress level was rising and Jongin starts hating himself. He thought university life would be easier than school but he stand corrected. This was far than easy. He stared outside the window, the city lights brightening up the streets, roads, the life below there from where he is standing from. It's midnight and he needed a break. The roof.

Jongin grabs a jacket and walks out of his apartment, making sure he uses the elevator this time to get to the roof. He didn't expect Aeri to be there though. It's midnight and she might probably be in dreamland by now. He could use the time to be alone for real and scream and get mad at the world again for making him do so much.

He was wrong. There she was lying down on a mat staring at the sky, her hand in the air as if she was counting. Jongin blinked as he stared at her to his disbelief, she really was counting. Tilting his head back, Jongin gazed at the sky. Stars scattered around twinkling slightly. There's not much that it was possible to count them. Jongin felt bad for not being able to admire such beauty every night since he is constantly busy with work and all.

A faint gasp came from the distance and Jongin swiftly darted his gaze from the sky towards the direction the gasp came from. Jongin gave her a smile hiding his chuckle from her surprised expression.

"Were you here the whole time?" Aeri asked sitting up. She was holding a chart of some sort which is quite huge.

Jongin shook his head and walked closer to her "Just came here a few minutes ago." His gaze dropped to the chart she was holding which she quickly hid behind her back rather unsuccessfully. 

'Stars' was written in cursive beautifully at the very top of the chart with a silver coloured marker. It is an interesting looking chart, if only she wasn't hiding it behind her back.

"Were you..." Jongin hesitated but proceeded his sentence anyways "Were you counting stars?" he asked. She nodded slowly and gave in, placing the chart back in front of her. 

She was scared that Jongin might think she's weird. A stupid girl counting stupid stars. She could count the amount of human beings that had said what she's doing was stupid. It does seem childish and impossible for someone to count stars but she likes doing it. It felt like she was tracking down the earth's condition and making sure it stays healthy always. It felt like a duty to her.

Jongin sat beside her, intrigued by the chart. It had all 12 months and 4 columns for each month. The first few months had their columns filled with numbers.

"So you count every week?" Jongin asked, his eyes still sticked on the chart. Reading the amount of stars each month had in total. She gives a little nod while eyeing the man beside her who seemed interested with the chart he's holding.

"Wait, aren't you going to say I'm crazy or anything? Like this is suppose to be stupid, everybody says it's stupid and childish." Aeri asks making Jongin divert his eyes back to her. Jongin did think it is a bit stupid but he envied how she has a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter