One

But Are We All Lost Stars?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A heavy sigh left his lips. He felt drained and he really needs a vacation of some sort. Class after class, training for this, preparing for that, random club gatherings. Jongin slowly got sick of it and all he wanted was a timeout. If only he wasn't that active in the beginning and took things slowly, this wouldn't have happened. His aim when he first entered University life is to be noticed, but now that he has everyone's attention it affected him. Barely getting enough sleep and constantly joining events, all he wanted to do right now was hide from everyone. For stars sake he would even try to fake being sick just to get out of things.

Once class had ended, Jongin went back to his apartment almost immediately before anyone cuts him off from his idea of sleeping the day away. He did get some sleep but he found out he only slept for an hour or more. It was already dark outside and Jongin had a mini heart attack at the sight of himself in the mirror. He looked bad. Plus the dark lighting in his room helped a lot in making him look scarier. 

Fresh air. I need fresh air.

Changing into much comfier clothes, he took the stairs to reach the top of the apartment building which is a few levels up and he very much regretted for not taking the lift instead. Sweat trickled down his back once he reached the top and he was panting hard against the door.

This is a first for Jongin. He never thought of going there since he was always busy with assignments and events. Opening the door slowly, he felt the cold breeze of the night air blown against his skin. It felt good and refreshing and he just wanted to scream and yell and shout and that's what he did.

"Oh my god, please don't kill yourself!" a voice came out of nowhere which made Jongin jump and yell. A ghost?

"Please, suicide isn't the answer." the voice speaks again. A girl crawled out of a tent (which Jongin didn't realize it was there in the first place since he was too caught up with his own muddled up mind) and Jongin screamed again in fear.

She stood right in front of him in hopes she could block him if he really did wanted to kill himself. Jongin clutched his chest. It's his second mini heart attack of the day. At least he felt more awake than he was before.

"I'm sorry, I guess I have frightened you." she said biting her lip but she didn't really move from her spot just in case Jongin would make a run for it and jump off the building and leave her regretting her whole life for not being able to save a man's life.

"No, it's okay- and no, I'm not... I wasn't going to kill myself." Jongin explained once his heart was beating normal. The girl sighed in relief and her shoulders relaxed. Jongin finally had a good look of her despite the darkness.

Cute.

Scanning his surroundings, the tent was much bigger when he first saw the girl came crawling out. He was too scared to even focus on the tent that time. The girl scratched the back of her head. Her secret hideaway isn't a secret anymore now that Jongin has trespassed.

"I'm sorry, I must've bothered you from my umm...yelling." Jongin apologized while staring at the brightly lit tent. It was his fault for invading and his fault for not checking his surrounding before his attempt to yell at the world to release his tension.

"Ahh, it's okay. People don't usually come up here that's why...” she didn't finish her sentence and glanced at her tent. It was cutely decorated with fairy lights and inside were packed with pillows, a huge blanket she could wrap herself with like a burrito, a reading light and next to it was a pile of books. She felt girly. It was too tumblr-ish but she liked it the way it is. But now that Jongin has witnessed, she felt embarrassed by her little secret. 

Jongin chuckled at the flustered girl. "I'm Kim Jongin by the way." he pulled out his hand for her to shake which she gladly did. "I pretty much know who you are," a smile crept on her lips.

"Song Aeri."

Jongin gave her a confused look and she chuckles. "You do know you're quite well known at campus?" Jongin scrunched his nose and gave a small nod.  She got the message. "I guess it's not really going well for you. That explains everything." she gave him a sorry look. Whatever this man is going through, he must be having a hard time and she could see it.

She glanced back at her tent, her book opened on the page where she had left it when she was suddenly interrupted by a screaming Jongin who she thought was going to kill himself a few minutes ago. Jongin followed her gaze and looked at what she was looking at. Guilty washed over his body for interrupting her quiet time.

"I should go now. I'm really sorry for screaming like that. Please don't think I'm crazy or anything." she laughed at his words. "It's okay. As long as you don't try to kill yourself." she smiled. Jongin could only smile back and quickly left her alone in her secret hideaway. 

 

<<<<>>>>

 

Embarrassing.

Jongin fought with his mind, battling with the scene that played in his mind at him yelling and screaming like a girl when the girl wildly appeared. He just wanted to take a breather but ended up being an embarrassment to himself, trespassed someone's secret sanctuary and gave a bad first impression to a girl. He at least wanted to look as cool and as professional as he is at U but everything that happened half an hour ago was beyond from looking awesome.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter