1/1

Show You Off

Jaehwan was sitting in a small smoothie shop just outside of the large city he usually resided, somewhere his fans wouldn't find him and where he could be comfortable without worrying about anything at all. He smiled at the best thing that ever happened to him, the light that kept him going even during his packed schedules, the one that was the cause for his smiles, his most beautiful girlfriend ever – you.  

 

He often wondered how he was able to land such a girl, finding his celebrity status not even worthy enough to be able to date you. He worshipped you like a goddess, trying to take in as much as he could of the to him ethereal beauty that was you.  

 

He watched you patiently while you drank from you smoothie and simultaneously kept your eyes on your phone, scrolling through your own social media accounts. You didn't need to look at him to know that he was looking at you, causing an embarassed blush to spread across your cheeks. You frowned at your phone in disagreement and clenched your teeth together before speaking up.

 

“Stop staring.”  

 

He frowned at your words and reached out for your phone-occupied hand to hold, but you quickly withdrew it and directed your frow to him instead of his phone. A somewhat hurt but accepting sigh escaped his lips, making you feel a bit guilty. Especially since he, after all the snarls you sent to him, still showered you with unconditional love. 

 

You were incredibly loving towards him when the two of you were alone, but when you were in publicall you could do was give him the cold shoulder. It was because you didn't know how to act around him when the both of your were in public. It was mostly because you were afraid that there would be some kind of tabloid photographer following him, but he never seemed to care. And maybe his constant need for PDA could get out of hand if you didn't stop him.

 

“I'm sorry, but I just can't help it okay. You're just too beautiful to be true.” You blushed and looked away, pretending to still be mad at him but he could easily see through it. He smiled and picked up his own drink, yet his eyes stayed trained on you. He continued sipping from his smoothie, but you snatched it from him and started sipping on it yourself. He had a different flavour anyways and you totally did not see how happy he was by the slight aknowledgement. 
 

“Just.. Don't be so obvious okay.. People will start to suspect things.” You momentarily stopped sipping your – or rather Jaehwan's – drink to say this to him. Jaehwan stayed silent, sending you a warm smile in silent understanding that had your cheeks colour with a pinkish hue. The afterglow of your blush still was apparent after a few moments, making your whole appearance even more adorable then it already was to him. 

 

“Cute.” Jaehwan hummed to himself in amusement and started laughing when you almost spat out your drink in response, the same red hue colouring  your cheeks again in threefold. 

 

H-Hey, stop that.” You snapped at him with a higher pitched tone, but it didn't work as it only resulted into him laughing even harder. But you just about had enough of his inconsiderate nature. Just when you decided to warm up again, he had to push the limit once again. Forget it.” You grabbed your belongings and got up, walking away from him and Jaehwan's laughter finally subsidedrealizing he probably pushed your buttons a bit too much again. He threw a big enough amount of bills on the table and jogged towards you, now just outside the cafe you were previously sitting in. 

 

__! Wait up!” You stopped, causing him to almost run into you and turned around to face himYou had a glare on his angelic features directed towards him before you turned your head back again with a somewhat arrogant look, resuming into speed walking off again. 

 

“Leave me alone Jaehwan.” He smiled and grabbed your wrist, forcing you to stay still this time. 

 

“I'm sorry okay. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. I just love you so much.” You shook your head while you seemed to find  your feet very interesting. “Babe..” That seemed to have caught your attention right now enough for you to now look back at him, a pout evident on your lips and accentuated by your small amount of pink lipgloss. 
 

“Why do you always do stuff like this?” You asked him, looking like you were on the verge of tearsHe chuckled and pulled you towards him, wrapping his arms around your neck and smiling to himself. 

 

“I'm sorry. I just can't believe you're mine.. Even after all this time and my need for affection, you never once dumped me because of it. Even though I always feel the need to show you off to the whole world while you don't want to. He felt you stiffen in his hold, yet you couldn't prevent yourself from smiling as broadly as you did now and it would be alright. You were in his arms and protected by him. There was no one who could see it, right? 

 

Why?” Jaehwan could feel that you were mustering up all your courage to ask him this while you shyly put your hands on his back, loosely letting them rest. 

 

“Because everyone tells me that I don't deserve you and they are absolutely right. You're too good to be true.” You nuzzled your face into his chest and shook your head, tightening your hold on him now by wrapping your arms around his waist. 
 

“No they're not. I'm the one who's lucky. You're so caring and all I do is push you away. I'm sorry, Jaehwan-ah.”He couldn't believe his own ears. You were actually saying this to him, actually apologizing while he was the one who angered you. But most importantly, you showed your affection for him in public, while anyone could see you and even voiced it out. To him, it all felt like a dream. He pulled back from the hug and smiled at you, trying to show him all the love he felt. 
 

“I love you, __.” You looked up to him and returned his smile and although you were still a bit embarrassed, it was genuine. You didn't need to say the words back go him. It was already evident from the way your eyes sparkled when he told you those three words, how your hold tightened and your hands found their way on his chest instead. He slid his own down to your waist, loosely letting them rest on your back. 

 

He leaned in and gave you a soft peck on his lips before you slapped him on his chest playfully with a subtle smile playing on your lips but still the cute blush spread across your cheeks making you look even more adorable in your boyfriend's eyes. 
 

“I love you too, Jaehwan.” 

 

-A/N- 

 

Because I want to revive some old fics into VIXX onesThis onethe honour goes not to an otp, but rather the person who fits the boyfriend role the most – Lee Jaewhan. He is the epitome of loving people unconditionally and it's just so cute. It's a bit short, but I hope you liked it!