*Chaos

Chaos

 

On this chilly Wednesday morning she headed straight to the kindergarten she was serving her internship at.

 

Shortly after entering the building, she took the stairs to the first floor, putting down her stuff in the lunch room.

 

After leaving her jacket and bag in the room, she proceeded to head down the stairs again when the front door's bell started to ring all of a sudden.

 

She hurried over to the door and quickly unlocked it, meeting face to face with one of the first parents this morning, a father wearing a thick hoodie and a black mask covering his mouth.

 

She thought it was kind of strange that one could barely see the guy's face, but when the father decided to remove his hoodie, she snorted and eventually thought;

 

Yeah, of course. Who else.

 

„Hey Jin-ah, what on earth are you doing here?“ She asked. Junjin slightly pulled the mask below his mouth and explained that he wanted to drop off his adoptive child.

 

„You know exactly that I don't have children myself.“ He pointed out.

 

„Right.“ She nodded and asked about the child in question.

 

„Behind me.“ Junjin responded, taking the toddler by his hand and carefully pulling him to the front. She crouched down and observed the kid.

 

 

The little boy was wearing a hoodie as well, a green one to be exact with big frog eyes attached to it's head. She carefully leaned forward in the hopes she could get a glimpse of his face. The shy little boy slightly lifted his head, making her spot the pacifier he was eagerly on.

 

He lastly glanced up, looking straight into her eyes.

 

She gasped, fell back and landed harshly on her bottom.

 

Junjin didn't like what he just witnessed and frowned. „Do you have a problem with my boy? You want me to smack you?“ He threatened.

 

She stood back up on her feet and patted her pants clean, „Why is he being so aggressive about it...“ She mumbled softly to herself.

 

Eric, that was his name by the way, the adoptive child with the very obvious beard stubble kept looking around with an unfazed, almost bored expression.

 

„Do you want me to set Dongwan onto you?“ Junjin said with a deep voice.

 

„Huh?“ She asked and looked confused back at him, a pillow already being thrown at her head from behind. Irritated, she turned around and watched Dongwan, who was about to reach out for the next punch. Before she could even understand how the guy was able to enter the building in the first place, another pillow came flying, right into her face.

 

During this sudden uproar, Hyesung's voice resounded out of nowhere, „Are you fighting again you little piece of *beep* *beep* *beep* ... - “ He scolded loudly.

 

Where did he come from now? Where the hell were they all coming from?

 

She glanced up, her hair a complete mess. Looking straight ahead, along the wide hallway, on the far end of the room, she was able to notice how a figure was just about to take a child into his arms and climb out the balcony.

 

One of the kids was sitting on the guy's shoulders, holding tightly onto his hair. Another kid he carried under his right arm like a sack of potatoes and the third child he was taking onto his left arm that very moment.

 

„Huh? Lee Minwoo!“ She yelled.

 

Minwoo startled and turned around to face her.

 

Totally caught in the act.

 

„What are you doing over there with the children?“ She interrogated, „Aish...“ He sighed and put them down, rather disappointed.

 

She straightened up to go catch those toddlers and took a few quick steps forward, briefly passing the kitchen while doing so. Unexpectedly enough, Dongwan was standing there, frying a couple eggs.

 

„This is what the kids need.“ He said and laughed with determination. She observed him with a scared expression and decided to move on after the little shudder she received at such haunting sight.

 

Barely leaving the kitchen's door, she was able to overhear Andy's voice. Tracking it down, she ended up in the preschooler's room.

 

The two adorable little boys Ace and Anthony were sitting on the comfy couch along with Andy and listened attentively to what he had to say.

 

„Do you guys perhaps take an interest in joining my company?“ He suggested to the five-year-old twins, who nodded to that.

 

Baffled about all these weird incidents happening at this usually peaceful place, she turned away from the door to witness that there seemed to be no damn end to the strangeness.

 

Eric, the little kid with the way too mature face, was running around the hallway, playing with his pacifier.

 

Junjin was pleased by the view and started to eagerly poke around in his pocket. „I'm going to post this on Instagram!“ He declared, already taking a thousand pictures of the kindergarten. While editing them, he read his typing out loud, „#shinhwamembeo, #jinstagram, #junstagram, #kindergarten, #pabodeul, #ericmycutebaby, #podo - ...“

 

Junjin fell silent.

 

She observed him quietly, thinking; Podo isn't even around though... - and it eventually crossed Junjin's mind as well.

 

„Ah, Podo isn't here right now... - never mind, I'll still include her.“ He stated and added the 'grapes' emoticon for his beloved puppy.

 

Hyesung approached Junjin, stomping his way down the hallway. „Why are you on Instagram all the damn time!“ He yelled, pinching the younger guy's ear to drag him outside.

 

She briefly watched them exit the building and looked around in all directions, slowly starting to feel completely overwhelmed.

 

Eric rushed up and down the dangerous stairs in that little child's body of his.

 

From the kitchen one could see smoke rise to the ceiling as Dongwan complained, „Oh come on, of all days, my self-prepared meal has to burn today? Damn it!“

 

Hyesung and Junjin were causing a lot of noise outside with their never-ending discussion. 

 

She was gradually getting sick of all this chaos!

 

„I HAD ENOUGH, EVERYONE GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!“ She finally shouted angrily. 

 

Minwoo glanced up with a grin on his face. „You've heard her kids~“ He said and resumed to climb out the balcony once again, a bunch of toddlers clinging tightly onto him.

 

 

„The kids are staying, for god's sake!“ She yelled into his direction.

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

Andy slowly pushed the contract across the tiny table they were suddenly seated at, directing it towards the twins.

 

Ace briefly gazed at the piece of paper and proceeded to scribble over the entire thing with his favorite red -colored crayon.

 

Andy nodded lightly and slowly slid the contract back with his hand, into his possession.

 

„Good enough.“

 


 

Don't ask.

There is no explanation for this 

But I hope you enjoyed it lol