1/1

Protector

“Namjoonie~.” Jin says. His eyes drowsy from sleep, barely even capable of opening.

 

“Yaaaah~,” his voice rises in tone, rough and hoarse from lack of use. He turns his body to face his lover who’s still deep in his imaginative world of dreams, eyes scrunched shut and lips hanging slightly hanging open. His entire body is somehow entangled in the sheets. He’s hogging all the blankets again. .

 

“Sweetie, you need to wake up and check on our baby,” the elder says, attempting to awaken the younger.

 

Namjoon’s face only wrinkles in agitation and groans a muffled, “noooooo~ princess have mercy on me.”

 

“He’s crying, and you know it’s your turn to check on him.”

 

Namjoon begins to stir onto the other side of his body in attempt to gain another few minutes of sleep.

 

“But I don’t want to hyung,” he said whilst rubbing his eyes, hoping to go blind from how hard he’s rubbing them to wake up.

 

“If you don’t get up, don’t think I won’t destroy our toys.”

 

“Okay, okay I’ll go. There’s no need for you to roll out the threats.” Namjoon shifts himself upward, feet off to the side of the bed, only to have his back pop in multiple areas. He releases a back-breaking groan and extends his arms as far as his possibly would allow him to and releases a growling yawn.

 

“You wouldn’t have gotten out of bed to check on our child if I didn’t.”

 

“True, but a good morning would be nice,” Namjoon said, wiggling his eyebrows at his lover. A lazy  smirk playfully plastered onto his face.

 

“The only good morning you’d want is a good morning blow Joonie,” Jin said with a chuckle, “Now please go check on Kookie, he’s been crying for minutes now.”

 

“Alright, I will. Now go back to sleep. I’ll be back soon.” Namjoon leans over the entirety of the bed, his arms supporting his weight as he places a sloppy kiss on his lover's hair.

 

⥈⥈⥈

 

Jungkook was hidden under his small pale red comforter hoping to hide from the monsters of the night. His body huddled into itself and violently shook as he cried for his parents to come and save him. Tears were streaming down his face and into the soft fabric, soaking the thin sheets that kept him asleep at night.

 

“D-d-dadd-ddy!” he choked out. His sobs progressively worsened as he heard his bedroom door creak open, imagining a dark giant figure swooping him away from his beloved parents.

 

Suddenly, Jungkook’s blankey was ripped from his body and he felt large arms encircle around his being, scaring the young boy. Out of instinct, the child begins to flail his arms around, crying out even louder for his dad and daddy to come and save him - that he was a good boy and he didn’t want to be taken away from them. Even more tears flooded his eyes, showers trickling down the poor childs tear stained cheeks. He could feel his heart triple its normal beat.

 

Namjoon immediately carries his child towards his torso and lets out a few shushes before reassuring his son that it was only him. With Jungkook is Namjoon’s long, protective arms, Namjoon begins to lightly bounce back and forth to calm his little Kookie down.

 

“Ssshhhhh dad is right here Kookie. Shhhh I’m right here.”

 

“M-m-monsters d-d-dad. M-mm-many m-m-monsters. Bad.”

 

“Shhh the monsters are all gone now,” Namjoon says, rocking the child in his arms while on the ball of his feet, “it’s alright now Kookie. Dad scared all the monsters away. I promise.”

 

“Really?” Jungkook asks as he uses his small arms to push his body away from his father's torso to examine his face.

 

Namjoon is quiet...he looks over his son's face, which is beet red smothered in snot and tears, but his eyes questioned whether his father was actually telling the truth or not. Desperately seeking for a sign of assurance.

 

“Yes, I promise. Dad scared them all away,” he says, placing his forehead against Jungkook’s. His tired eyes meeting doughy, hopeful, doubting eyes that are filled with tears, “Dad will always be here to protect my little soldier.”

 

As Namjoon proceeds to rock Jungkook asleep, he hums a small tune to help him fall into a deep slumber.

 

Looking down at his little beloved, pushing back his raven bangs, Namjoon places a chaste kiss on his son’s forehead lovingly. Silently he whispers,


“I will always protect you.”