Friday Night, Date Night, Crazy Night

Learning to Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The week was dragging by so slowly. It was Wednesday and you just wanted it to be the weekend already. Your teacher's voice was driving you mad and the clock was moving oh, so, slowly. Why, why is time so cruel?! you thought miserably. 

 

You sat in all the way in the back, right next to the windows. Being bored out of your mind, your eyes started to wander around the classroom. You saw some students dozing off while others were actually paying attention to your teacher, some of them even writing down notes. You shuddered at the thought of it. Picking up the faintest hint of a giggle, you averted your attention to a girl on the other side of the classroom. Her cheeks were tinted pink, eyes downcasted. A boy, sitting right next to her, smiled and whispered something into her ear. Her face went to a dark shade of red, even her ears turned pink. They boy laughed into his hands, his cheeks were a noticeable shade of red as well. You sighed to yourself. 

 

If only Krystal and I could be like that, you thought sadly, closing your eyes. Wait... What?! 

 

Your eyes shot wide open, your body jolting upwards into your seat. W-Why would I thnk that?! I don't have feelings for her! you panicked. 

 

"Park _____!" your teacher yelled, "what in the world was that?!" 

 

Your face went bright red, the sound of giggling from around the room filling the air. "M-Mianhae, seonsaeng-nim! I-I didn't mean to do that!" you stuttered out. 

 

Your teacher huffed, pinching the bridge of their nose. "I'll let you off the hook this time. Please, don't do that again, okay?" 

 

You nodded your head, thanking your teacher. 

 

The giggling, and obvious staring at you, in your class was starting to end and you still felt extremely embarrassed. SInking far into your seat, you crossed your arms and looked out the window. "If only class will end soon, then my life will be a whole lot better," you muttered to yourself. 

 

Unbeknownst to you, a pair of eyes from across the room still stared at you. The student smirked to himself, letting out a little chuckle. Cute. 

As soon as the bell rang, you sprinted out of the classroom. Ignoring your teacher's shouting for you to go back, you headed straight for your locker. 

 

Finally! you thought happily. I can go home and sleep!  

 

Fumbling around with your lock combination, you threw in your unneeded books and took out your homework. "Why do they have to give us so much of this crap?" you mumbled out. 

 

"Ah, I don't really know. Whydon't you go ask your teachers?" a deep voice came from your left. You shrieked and turned to look at the culprit. Your eyes widened at the sight of him. It's the same guy who sticks letters in my locker and sends me flowers! you panicked. What is his name again?! 

 

As if he was able to read your mind, he chuckled. Propping his arm on the locker next to yours, he leaned in close. "My name is Lee Jongsuk. Jeez, _____. You figure you would remember your future boyfriend's name." 

 

You had to hold in a gag before responding. "Yeah, how about no? Listen, you seem like a nice guy, but I'm just not interested. Sorry." 

 

His face held the same cool look, but you could see he was forcing a smile. "Hey, don't be like that now. How 'bout I make it up to you? There's a fair going on this weekend, I'll take you there as my date. Then, we can get to know each other." 

 

The look in his eyes made you feel uncomfortable. You gulped and leaned back and said, "I already said I'm not interested. Can you please back off now?" 

 

His face contorted to anger, his eyes burning with frustration. Lowering his head to the ground, he ran a hand through his hair. You gulped, not knowing what to do. He suddenly lifted his head, a smile plastered across his face once again.

 

"It's cool, I understand. There's always next time, right?" he said.

 

Jongsuk leaned in once more and kissed your cheek. "I'll see you again," he whispered into your ear before walking away. 

 

You stood there, shocked. What the hell just happened? Shaking your head clear of any and all thoughts, you continued to grab your things. The whispers from the other students who saw were getting louder. You just wanted to get out of there. Slamming your locker shut, you ran to the entrance and out the door. 

You breathed heavily, trying to catch your breath. You ran all the way home, not bothering to take a break during your little exercise. 

 

"Never... again," you wheezed out. "Man, I need to work out more." 

 

Shuffling your way to the kitchen, you grabbed yourself a drink and plopped down into a seat. 

 

Home, sweet home, you sighed happily. 

 

Your bag weighed heavily against your back. You groaned, thinking about all your homework due tomorrow. Soon, I will be done with school you thought. Soon, I'll be a married woman, You shook your head and sat up. 

 

"Might as well get started."  

Three long, hard hours later and you were finally done with your homework. You groaned loudly, ruffling your hair. Damn teachers giving me so much homework. 

 

Looking at the time, you figured it was a good time to start getting ready for bed. Grabbing whatever clothes your hand landed on, you made your way to the bathroom. 

 

"if only it was Friday, then I wouldn't have to go to school the next day. But then I have work the next day. I also have to go out with Krystal on Friday even though its's not a date, but then again it kind of is," you rambled to yourself in the shower. You sighed and rested your head against the shower wall. 

 

"I'm a mess. I can't even talk to her but I can't stop thinking about her," you moaned out. 

 

You finished up your shower pretty quickly. You finished putting on your clothes and headed to your room. Plopping down onto your bed, you checked your phone for any new notifcations. Nothing. you sighed and rolled onto your back, careful of your wet hair. 

 

"Should I call her?" you said to the ceiling. "I mean, I won't lose anything. It's just a phone call, right?" 

 

No answer. 

 

Of course the ceiling's not gonna give me answer. Ugh, I'm such an idiot.  

 

Sighing deeply, you scrolled through your contacts in search of Krystal's number. Bingo, found it. You gulped, not knowing if she'll answer or not. 

 

"Come on, _____. You got this. It's just a phone call," you pepped yourself up. 

 

You tapped the screen and heard the first ring. "Okay, cool," you muttered. Each ring was slowly killing you. On the fourth ring, Krystal's voice came through.

 

"Hello?" 

 

You scrambled to sit upright and said, "H-Hey! It's me, _____. I, uh, just wanted to see how you were doing." 

 

She let out a snort. "What? Miss me already?" 

 

"I-It's not like that!" you objected. "I just wanted to see if your doing okay!" 

 

The older female laughed. "Okay, okay. I'm fine, how about you?" 

 

"I'm good, just finished all my homework," you proudly stated. 

 

"Ah, how was it?" 

 

"It was tiring. I'm so not looking forward to university," you groaned. 

 

Krystal let out a snort. "It's not that bad. You'll get used to it." 

 

You groaned again in response. 

 

"Hey, are you still up for Friday?" she asked. 

 

Your eyes widened slightly. "Yeah, are you? It's okay if your busy." 

 

"No, its not that. My sister and a friend of mine want to come along, is that okay with you?" 

 

"Uh, yeah. It's fine, the more the merrier, right?" you said. You panicked on the inside. How am I going to handle even more people? 

 

"Hey, _____, I gotta go now. I'll see soon, okay?" 

 

You shook your head and said, "Yeah, I'll see you later. Good night." 

 

"Good night," and then the line went dead. 

 

You fel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter